collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa fans attitude  (Read 8415 times)

Offline MadJohnnyC

Villa fans attitude
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:25:58 AM »
Before i start, let me open with the line ..... I know this is going to be controversial.

Anyone who pays their way is entitled to their opinion etc BUT

Our support lately has been diabolical. At home all year it has been like a morgue. Theres the same old faces in the Holte singing but it doesn't carry down beyond row 24. Then theres the (i hope to think, but am becoming increasingly concerned its not) minority in that crowd that cannot wait until we concede so that they can yell vitriol at the lads. Tonight for example, down to 10 men, conceded a goal to a strike Bardlsey has only ever dreamed of, and yet almost immediately the "YOUR GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING" songs began. THIS WAS THE LOUDEST THE HOLTE WAS ALL NIGHT. If those singing that put half as much effort in to supporting the team then maybe, just maybe, we would create some kind of atmosphere.

Man City away was THE most depressing day I've ever encountered following the Villa. At this point i should mention my age (27) so forgive me elders I'm aware you have suffered much much more (but also seen highs i can only dream of). It was worse than the 3-0 at Blues, The countless drubbings at Anfield, the 5 zip at Highbury under O'Leary and the 6-0 to championship Newcastle.

Why? Well the fans. No matter how bad we are, it is not fun to take the p*ss out of our own team and only sing negative songs. Sheffield Utd is coming up. Lets sing our hearts out for the lads & maybe its our year for the cup!!!

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Should we look at ourselves?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
We need to get behind the team now. If we turn on each other then we really are bolloxed.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
Nope I earn in a year what they do in a week. GET ON WITH IT.Sorry I'm drunk with no sympathy at the moment

Offline CorkVilla

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:46:07 AM »
It's a pretty depressing time to be a Villa fan. After the 'bright future' that seemed so certain we are now back in the midst of a relegation battle, who would have thought that? The fans are pretty much the last people who should be taking the blame now I think. I've lost count of the amount of times I have read newspaper articles containing the words 'long suffering supporters' with regard to Villa...

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 01:59:03 AM »
I think the average villa fan is just exhibiting what the average Brit feels at the moment.The ConDems have done such a good job on selling us the we're deep in the poo story that this is just a reflection of where we are at the Villa.....hence we have to blame someone.

Bankers, Politicians ( of all colours),Estate Agents, Financial advisers,experienced Villa so called professionals just dont give a shit....we pay for them so we feel entitled to give them grief when they leave us to suffer whilst they enjoy the fruits of their 'labour'

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »
I would love to hold a season ticked and show my support but I can't afford it.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »
I fully agree with the opening post.  There is obviously a direct correlation with home support/ atmosphere/ all that other jazz and league position.

Which is why Arsenal are below us in the table.

Oh wait a second...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Look
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 09:07:40 AM »
I just looked at myself. I need a shave.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Newcastle got relegated with a gate average of 50k.  It's the players and managers fault that we are in this mess, not ours.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:27:41 AM by Holtenderinthesky »

Offline lukey27

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 09:10:47 AM »
Absolutely it's our fault, for paying that money turning up every week. 100%. Nothing to do with the way the team is set up or motivated or the piss poor performances on the pitch.  I'm going to go and give myself a good telling off for last nights woeful showing.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
We are still acting like the person who has been dumped by the love of their lives. Hates everything and everybody, no enthusiasm for anything, no wanting to enjoy themselves... we need someone (a player or manager) to turn up to drag us out of the depression... and it has to happen quickly!

Offline MadJohnnyC

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:20:17 AM »
In no way am i excusing the players and the management. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »
In these recessionary times, if supporters can see the that the club's heart isn't really in it, they're going to vote with their feet, as they did last night.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 09:33:38 AM »
No Risso, that's wrong.

It's the fans wot did it as we don't have a wide enough repertoire of witty songs and rhythmic chants.

I'm surprised more clubs haven't clocked it, they could save an absolute packet. Rather than forking out millions on transfer fees for underperforming players and shit managers, Chairmen should just get the likes of Andrew Lloyd Webber or the cast of Fame and keep them on a retainer. For smaller clubs, they'll have to just raid the local amateur dramatics society.

I've read some absolute shit in my time but that takes the biscuit, cake and any other confectionery you'd care to mention.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »
Blame us ??
 Thats like saying the troubles and near bankruptcy we had in the 1960s was down to 13,000 turning up and being pretty quiet ( apart from when we chanted The Board must go) rather than the befuddled old men living in the past and selling off the family silver.

Anyway, if the fans are so important to the result then put Houllier in charge of us. He would only go and sit us all in the wrong stands I am sure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:43:59 AM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal