collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sack Houllier in the morning  (Read 9778 times)

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Sack Houllier in the morning
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:33:57 PM »
I can take rubbish performances and individual players playing crap, but that is not what happened tonight. Individual players did not play badly as such, some such as Downing were totally ineffective because they were never given service.

1) The team was set up firstly to try and avoid defeat.
2) Gabby was played wide and Ashley Young in the middle, it was obvious after 20 minutes this was not working but we persisted with it. Indeed our first shot on target was in the 2nd half when for the first and about only  time  Ashley found himself wide with the ball.
3) When Heskey was sent off, nothing was done apart from Gabby being forced by circumstance into the middle. No fresh legs to assist with the fact it was 10 against 11.
4) Again nothing was done when Sunderland scored. We eventually made substitutions far far too late in a desperate attempt to save the game. We finished up with a formation with Ashley Young at right  back and Richard Dunne at centre forward !

Tonights game was not lost by the players on the pitch , it was lost by decisions (or rather lack of them) off the pitch.

We are now in the relegation zone and we have to find a way out of it. I believe the existing players have enough ability to get the necessary wins and points to survive. However without organisation this will not happen. On tonights evidence Houllier is incapable of doing this and should be sacked immediately or I am afraid next season we are condemned to playing at the likes of Doncaster or Swansea.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Sack Houllier in the morning
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »
Seconded.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »
he must go he is blind

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 11:38:33 PM »
I did not want Houlier  however before tonight was of the opinion that we have to give him the season. Not any more.
First half was OK and Heskey  could have had us 2-0 up. Sunderland created nothing. Second half we were shambolic. Forget the sending off  we were abysmal. Petrov, Gabby, well everyone just aimless no direction no desire  no care.
Subs Rene fucking subs when?  60 mins NO 70 min NO 75 mins NO 80 mins NO 85 mins oh finally. FFS we were down to 10. Bring on fresh legs so that we have some energy?

Finally the shambolic sight of Ash Young and Albrighton playing at centre back whilse Dunne , Collins and Cuellar wander about in and around their penalty area  completely void of any  directin any coordination. Players getting in each others way not knowing where they should be playing  and out on the touchline we finally see Rene stand up and stand still. Nothing to  the  team no instructions no motivation.

ASTON VILLA deserves better Randy.

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:39:03 PM »
Only if randy can appoint someone decent within a week- not keV mac or big Sam- martin jol would get my vote but we cannot miss this transfer window- if houllier goes randy ditherer has got to act fast!

We need several signings as this squad is really poor and needs new blood- if houllier stays he needs to bring 4 or 5 in to give us a hope of staying up!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 11:40:52 PM »
Great post. The Gabby and Young positions got to me. He clearly didn't work but Hpullker persisted with it till Heskey was sent off. The man is inept. For Christ sake Lerner SACK HIM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
He won't go. Why? Because the board will just look like clowns if they do that not being able to swallow their pride.

-O'Neill goes
-Appoint caretaker manager
-Say we'll have a manager within the Newcastle game
-Wait 5 weeks for a new manager
-Get new manager who has now put us in the relegation zone

It's just a joke.

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:47:17 PM »
Only if randy can appoint someone decent within a week- not keV mac or big Sam- martin jol would get my vote but we cannot miss this transfer window- if houllier goes randy ditherer has got to act fast!

We need several signings as this squad is really poor and needs new blood- if houllier stays he needs to bring 4 or 5 in to give us a hope of staying up!

Would you trust the man to bring in the right players? He hasn't proved he's a decent manager, coach or PR so far. Why would anyone (not saying you do mate)  trust him to bring in decent players?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:16 PM »
Why does Houllier look like a rabbit in the headlights on the touchline.

Offline eastie

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 11:55:53 PM »
If we keep him and give him no cash we are down , he has to be given cash if he stays- as I said elsewhere I'd put him on the board and get him to overhaul the scouting and get jol in as coach- but it needs a fast appointment - jol is available and I expect would tale tbe job if offered it!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »
2 minutes to go... I'm waiting!!!!!!

Offline Cuz

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 11:59:26 PM »
I did not want Houlier  however before tonight was of the opinion that we have to give him the season. Not any more.
First half was OK and Heskey  could have had us 2-0 up. Sunderland created nothing. Second half we were shambolic. Forget the sending off  we were abysmal. Petrov, Gabby, well everyone just aimless no direction no desire  no care.
Subs Rene fucking subs when?  60 mins NO 70 min NO 75 mins NO 80 mins NO 85 mins oh finally. FFS we were down to 10. Bring on fresh legs so that we have some energy?

Finally the shambolic sight of Ash Young and Albrighton playing at centre back whilse Dunne , Collins and Cuellar wander about in and around their penalty area  completely void of any  directin any coordination. Players getting in each others way not knowing where they should be playing  and out on the touchline we finally see Rene stand up and stand still. Nothing to  the  team no instructions no motivation.

ASTON VILLA deserves better Randy.

Please read this post Randy

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »
It's morning.  Has he gone yet?

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »
If we keep him and give him no cash we are down , he has to be given cash if he stays- as I said elsewhere I'd put him on the board and get him to overhaul the scouting and get jol in as coach- but it needs a fast appointment - jol is available and I expect would tale tbe job if offered it!

Where is the evidence to suggest that Jol is the man to lift us out of this situation?  I genuinely can't see anything to suggest he would be able to lift the team.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:02:22 AM »
Scunthorpe on a Friday night!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal