collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The dreadful irony  (Read 11309 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: The dreadful irony
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »
So you know exactly why MON left and who is transfer targets were. Yeah right. I remember all the ITKs saying that MON was definitely going to buy Upson, Bentley, Bent, etc the summer before just as some have convinced themselves that they 'know' he was going to sign Keane and McGready this year. Don't kid yourself
The Keane and McGeady story is true, I was informed of it by a journaalist who is very close to the club, a journalist who I used to work with.
Couldn't give two hoots if you believe it or not, although i'd suggest that you're dismissing it on the basis of it making your God look rather tainted.

Bottom line is that he walked over the clubs refusal to let us be crippled by a wage bill that was already on 85% of the turnover.
He got a reputation at Celtic for threatening to walk when not given the funds he wanted, interviews with Archie McPherson who wrote 'Flower of Scotland' bear this out, if you need evidence.

I know he's a c*** Mark, I'm not disputing that, but isn't it kind of the managers job to push the chairmen into spending money on the team? Isn't that what we as fans hope they would do?

No problem with him pushing the transfer funds Lee, but the big issue was the wages one, Keane and McGeady would have been on very high wages with no sign of any of high earning fringe squad members on the way out.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:43:14 PM by Rip van Fletcher »

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
So you know exactly why MON left and who is transfer targets were. Yeah right. I remember all the ITKs saying that MON was definitely going to buy Upson, Bentley, Bent, etc the summer before just as some have convinced themselves that they 'know' he was going to sign Keane and McGready this year. Don't kid yourself
The Keane and McGeady story is true, I was informed of it by a journaalist who is very close to the club, a journalist who I used to work with.
Couldn't give two hoots if you believe it or not, although i'd suggest that you're dismissing it on the basis of it making your God look rather tainted.

Bottom line is that he walked over the clubs refusal to let us be crippled by a wage bill that was already on 85% of the turnover.
He got a reputation at Celtic for threatening to walk when not given the funds he wanted, interviews with Archie McPherson who wrote 'Flower of Scotland' bear this out, if you need evidence.

So we should all believe what journalists say?
It's up to you.
I believe a journalist who i've known for some years and who has told me correct information in the past.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »
MON is an intelligent guy, surely he could see the issue of having half-a-dozen players on mega wages sat in the stands and never being used. I just wonder if a personality clash between MON and Faulkner was the real issue. ie a 58 year old football man being told what to do by a 32 year old ex-account manager and newly appointed chief exec.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal