collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0.1% Villa: Randy Sacks Coach  (Read 15475 times)

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: 0.1% Villa: Randy Sacks Coach
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »
I understand it perfectly well, I even used to follow it when it first made an impression over here.  But, three hours or the best part off to complete a game, half time entertainment consisting of something akin to an Olympic opening ceremony.....load of bollocks.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »
I agree about the television commercials being a bit annoying, but a dull game is no less boring than Birmingham vs Blackburn playing each other. Most people I come across don't like NFL and claim it's 'boring' when they no zilch about the game or the rules and how it's played. Once people have the rules explained to them and they know the basics you'll often find they start to get interested in it. It's as annoying as those Yanks saying 'soccer' is a 'pussy' and 'boring sport' - they don't know what they're talking about - just spouting nonsense.

But yeah, for a game that's meant to be 60 minutes long they could make it a bit shorter cutting out pointless things - but when you've got a good game you don't really care how long it lasts for as long as you're seeing touchdowns and DeSean Jackson showboating in the endzone. I dare anyone to call it 'boring' after they watch a replay of the New York Giants vs Philadelphia Eagles a few weeks ago.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »
I've never been to an NFL game, but I went to a CFL game (Canada's equivalent, very similar except they have only three downs) and it was was three hours of top notch entertainment interspersed with a few frantic moments of sporting endeavour.  Loved every second of it.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »
I've been a Green Bay Packers fan since 1983. I love American football. It's also a blast to play.
I understand why people dont like it. It's not very free flowing and open but its very tactical and if you can accept it for what it is, very enjoyable.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
I've been a Green Bay Packers fan since 1983.
Mike Vick and DeSean Jackson will be stylin' on the Packers in the Wildcard game...

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
Mike Vick and DeSean Jackson will be stylin' on the Packers in the Wildcard game...

Jackson will spend most of his time looking back to see Vick eating dirt. Good luck against tha defence, Philly.
Aaron Rodgers and his boys however...

Offline Tucson Villain

• GM : 21.01.2022
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
The Browns will have to pay Mangini almost $8m for the remaining two years he had left on his contract.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »

Is that good or bad?

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 12:44:43 PM »
I've been a Green Bay Packers fan since 1983. I love American football. It's also a blast to play.
I understand why people dont like it. It's not very free flowing and open but its very tactical and if you can accept it for what it is, very enjoyable.
Who d'ya play for Maz? I was nose tackle & center for the Tamworth Trojans 1987 - 91

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 12:54:31 PM »
What the fuck is a nose tackle?

And why did Tamworth's American football team name themselves after a brand of condom?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »

Lee Bowyer stamping on Sagna.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 01:09:53 PM »

Green Bay is my team!

Fantastic ground makes even our best look like a pile of shite

Had a great time over thier earlier in 2010

Mark

Offline Breezeblock

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2011, 01:12:18 PM »

And why did Tamworth's American football team name themselves after a brand of condom?
A nose tackle is another name for an ugly looking twat who's job it is to smack the shit of an equally ugly looking twat standing opposite him. We were named after a condom 'cos our defense (sic) used to fuck everyone up. 

Offline peter w

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »

A nose tackle is another name for an ugly looking twat who's job it is to smack the shit of an equally ugly looking twat standing opposite him. We were named after a condom 'cos our defense (sic) used to fuck everyone up.

Or the team was full of cocks?

Offline Breezeblock

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »

Or the team was full of cocks?
Yeah that too. But they mainly played on the offense.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal