collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0.1% Villa: Randy Sacks Coach  (Read 15460 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: 0.1% Villa: Randy Sacks Coach
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »
Mangini was on the block last season

Wow they are ruthless on losers. We usually just sack them and give them £5 million.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
Mangini was on the block last season

Wow they are ruthless on losers. We usually just sack them and give them £5 million.

I see you found a picture of the General doing Randy's dirty work.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 07:30:09 PM »
As a fair weather NFL fan,why are the Browns consistantly terrible? Poor management appointments? Should we be worried over here?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »
As a fair weather NFL fan,why are the Browns consistantly terrible? Poor management appointments? Should we be worried over here?

They're actually a lot like us. They've had blips of success in the last 20 years but nothing that was ever sustained. Remember in the NFL, there's only one thing everyone plays for so it's not like you can win a League Cup if you don't win the big prize. They have an incredibly rich history pre-NFL. A bit like us, pre-Premier League and Sky.

Hard to say on the appointments. I think Randy has got it spot on with the current General Manager/President in Mike Holmgren. He was a very successful coach, and is very respected in the game. The coach that just got fired wasn't hired by Holmgren, so it was inevitable he was eventually going to look to bring in his own man that shared the same philosophy. The Browns will be ok. The did improve in some areas this season, but they are in a division with 2 teams that are always very good indeed (Baltimore and Pittsburgh), so they have a lot of catching up to do.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
Ta for that,can Jim Brown offer any help? What does he do nowadays?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 09:11:48 PM »
I hope both us and cleveland have some success because Randy deserves it for what he has done for us both.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
Jim Brown did do some publicity work with the organization last year. I think there was some sort of falling out this year.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »

They are also in a tough division up against the Steelers and the Ravens who they have to play twice each season, meaning that they are effectively four losses to the good before the season starts.

No different from us against ManUre and Chelsea most seasons, but still, the point remains.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 09:23:53 PM »
The Browns are nothing like us... they're an awful American Football team and they're just a failure; not to mention this is the SECOND Cleveland Browns franchise.

The mistake on the lake, that's the city of Cleveland - they'll always suck at sports. The Browns choked against Denver twice in AFC Championship games then their owner took away their team and relocated to Baltimore (although they act like they were never relocated lol). The Cleveland Cavaliers lost the best basketball player in the world in the Summer as he joined the glamourous Miami Heat and the Cleveland Indians, well they're just useless too losing a World Series when they should of won.

I'm slightly surprised the Browns ended up with a 5-11 record (same record as last season lol) because their record really doesn't suggest how well they've actually played. They beat the Patriots and Saints... they just lost their heads towards the end of the season losing a few games. They should of really ended up at 7-9... they're not as bad as their record suggests, they brought in a really good quarter-back and made some good trades.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
A West Coast Offence?

Brian Wilson at Glastonbury.

2-Pac committed a few.

Anyway, just sell it Randy and put the money where your heart is.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:28:26 PM by Percy »

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 09:31:32 PM »
American Football is a right load of old bollocks.

If they knew what Bollocks was/were.

Bollocks means bad.

The Dogs Bollocks are very good.

Or how to confuse an American.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
The Browns are nothing like us... they're an awful American Football team and they're just a failure; not to mention this is the SECOND Cleveland Browns franchise.

The mistake on the lake, that's the city of Cleveland - they'll always suck at sports. The Browns choked against Denver twice in AFC Championship games then their owner took away their team and relocated to Baltimore (although they act like they were never relocated lol). The Cleveland Cavaliers lost the best basketball player in the world in the Summer as he joined the glamourous Miami Heat and the Cleveland Indians, well they're just useless too losing a World Series when they should of won.

I'm slightly surprised the Browns ended up with a 5-11 record (same record as last season lol) because their record really doesn't suggest how well they've actually played. They beat the Patriots and Saints... they just lost their heads towards the end of the season losing a few games. They should of really ended up at 7-9... they're not as bad as their record suggests, they brought in a really good quarter-back and made some good trades.

they're a lot like us. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Randy saw a little bit of the Browns in us when he was looking to buy a PL team. Football didn't start in 1992 with the PL. Neither did American football start with the NFL. Look back at Browns history pre-NFL and you'll find they were very successful. They've been poor of late, but then we've not really been shining light in English football for a while either.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:15:05 PM by toronto villa »

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 01:37:07 AM »
American Football is a right load of old bollocks.

This
What he said
Agreed
Good post
Spot on
Yes
and those pyramid things

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 03:37:33 AM »
The only reason you don't understand it is because you don't like it.

Hold on, I've got that back to front, haven't I?

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 08:58:01 AM »

they're a lot like us. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Randy saw a little bit of the Browns in us when he was looking to buy a PL team. Football didn't start in 1992 with the PL. Neither did American football start with the NFL. Look back at Browns history pre-NFL and you'll find they were very successful. They've been poor of late, but then we've not really been shining light in English football for a while either.
We are absoloutely NOTHING like the Cleveland Browns... we're nowhere near as bad as them, if we were an NFL team we'd have gone either 10-6 or 11-5 in the last 3 seasons and we'd have atleast 1 Superbowl. The Cleveland Browns have never won a Superbowl, have only ever made the playoffs once and have only had 2 winning seasons in 11 years (note I'm talking about the 'new' Browns franchise... the old one plays in Baltimore now so there previous records count diddly squat despite how the Browns like to portray as if the Browns never got taken away then were given a new franchise).

Taking all things into account and looking at it broadly, we're more like the Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos or Miami Dolphins.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal