collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clark thrilled to turn devastation into delight with late equaliser  (Read 6586 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Ciaran Clark on dramatic draw.

From Pravda:

Ciaran Clark was thrilled to turn devastation into delight with a brilliant headed finish at the death against Chelsea.

Champions Chelsea bagged what looked like the winner in the closing stages of the entertaining clash at Stamford Bridge through John Terry.

But Clark always knew the claret and blue troops had the bottle to stage a courageous comeback and was delighted he could provide a "brilliant moment" for supporters.

He said: "I couldn't ask for any more really after that finish.

"We worked so hard for each other. To go 3-2 down in the last few minutes after the performance we had put in was just devastating. I turned around and saw all the lads with their heads in their hands after they scored that one.

"We then got the free-kick and we knew we had to get it into the box. We sent everyone forward because we knew we had to go for it.

"It eventually came to Marc on the left and I knew what he could do because he's done it numerous times before and he stuck a great ball into the box.

"I just found myself in the right place and glanced it home. I turned to make sure I hadn't been flagged offside and then that was me away to celebrate with the supporters. It was a brilliant moment.

"It was like a dream - time seemed to stand still. I found space and hadn't really expected to but when Marc puts a great ball in like that you know you've just got to get on the end of it and something will happen.

"The lads all worked so hard - tirelessly throughout the match - and I think we definitely deserved to get something out of it.

"I was straight over to the fans. I saw my mum and dad up there in amongst it and I ran over. I was just delighted."

Clark believes anything less than a point would have been "rough justice" on a Villa side who cast aside their frustration at back-to-back losses to Tottenham and Manchester City.

The versatile defender said Villa had emptied their minds of the disappointment at the double festive defeat and been positive in training leading up to the game.

This upbeat approach certainly paid dividends.

He added: "To have gone home empty handed would have been rough justice. We worked so hard as we have been doing in training all week.

"We've forgotten about the past two results, got our heads down and worked for each other and that really showed on the pitch.

"We have shown we've got no problems at all. We are working hard every day. It's just the luck hasn't been with us. When that third went in for them, I thought 'here we go again.' But we showed how strong we really are when we came back and got the draw."

Watch hero Clark battle with Sundeland's forwards on Wednesday - get your tickets now with great deals to be had - click here.

Offline Simba

Re: Clark thrilled to turn devastation into delight with late equaliser
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:11:52 PM »
I am going to invite crap but I am so sick of this Pravda stuff. It is far too slick.

We can make our own minds up and the lad deserves a bloody medal for a brilliant performance, against the Champions, on their own turf and out of position (again) to boot.

Let the young man speak -not put carefully crafted words in his mouth.

"We have shown we've got no problems at all." what is this? Stalinist Russia? Oh and then the ad for tickets: sorry I was wrong . Capitalist Stalin Russia.

Enjoy it young man and thanks for a great performance and of course for the maturity of seeing the line, timing it perfectly and nodding it home.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »
"I was straight over to the fans. I saw my mum and dad up there in amongst it and I ran over. I was just delighted."

It was worth posting for that line alone. Wonderful stuff.

Simba, you're just a misery arse! (winky)
Maybe Legion could group together all the post match press/OS links rather than posting them individually. They're a good read (especially after a great performance) for those of us that don't visit the OS that often.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »

Maybe Legion could group together all the post match press/OS links rather than posting them individually. They're a good read (especially after a great performance) for those of us that don't visit the OS that often.

be alot more work for Legion,   and less time on FB for him If he was to do it.... 

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
I am going to invite crap but I am so sick of this Pravda stuff. It is far too slick.

We can make our own minds up and the lad deserves a bloody medal for a brilliant performance, against the Champions, on their own turf and out of position (again) to boot.

Let the young man speak -not put carefully crafted words in his mouth.

"We have shown we've got no problems at all." what is this? Stalinist Russia? Oh and then the ad for tickets: sorry I was wrong . Capitalist Stalin Russia.

Enjoy it young man and thanks for a great performance and of course for the maturity of seeing the line, timing it perfectly and nodding it home.

Then have the press pick it apart and use it against us as they did with the General Krulack stuff.

You just have to take it for what it is, part of the PR arm of the club.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »
I remember watching the Scumterry goal celebrations in front of  me as the dug out was to the right and just hated  every moment of that as they all crowded round Ancelotti. The bastards obviously felt smug at having  "won" the match. There were shouts of "massive John"  etc all around me. I can not tell you how low that felt. So

THANK YOU CIARAN You are going to be our captain fantastic one day!

I don't think  TV has shown our players celebration in full. It was unbelieveable.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 02:18:57 PM »

be alot more work for Legion,   and less time on FB for him If he was to do it.... 
At least it would reduce the amount of time for things to go wrong in his life. (winky)

Offline Simba

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
Well, imagine, any of us, being Mr. C. Clark. Not the Euro Cup I know. But well, not long ago a youth team player and now along with a few other freinds and long term team mates: household names.

His parents in the stands as he saves the game when it might, not too much exaggeration, be the point to save our season.

Just imagine the pride. Of Family. Of real friends and of course the hangers on and the ....girls. The money....

I would not need anyone to tell me it was a great day out.

Signed : Misery arse

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »
He is going to turn into one hell of a player he plays like he as been playing in the premiership for years nothing fazes him which is a good thing to have and i'm just glad he plays for us.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »

At least it would reduce the amount of time for things to go wrong in his life. (winky)

I'm back at work tomorrow so these types of posts will have to take a back seat anyway.

Offline mozza

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 04:45:15 PM »
Another new position in the team for Ciaran and he doesn't let us down -

The manner in which he is progressing will have the Manchester clubs and
others knocking on our door I suppose ............NOT FOR SALE ......as already
posted he could be our future captain 

Offline villa1

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »
Me too. The two weeks off went too quickly. Hey, at least it's not long until our next break though! :-)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 05:20:05 PM »
He benefitted from missing some games, I feel it will benefit Albrighton too.

Offline Mattwall

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 07:17:26 PM »
Clark Is quality stepped up 2 the mark and defo hands off not for sale

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »

You refer to it as 'Pravda' and then go on about it being club propaganda!

Well durr!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal