collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: becks - spurs - the crook is at it again  (Read 9419 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: becks - spurs - the crook is at it again
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »
He left Southampton and Portsmouth in deep shite, and Spurs would be if it were not for the way they structure the deals and the fact their board have more sense and money than the other 2. Redknapp is a squirming, cheating, sell your grandmother type who will one day be found out for being the crook he would appear to be, alledgedly. Can't stand him. His son is slightly less annoying, but seems to think wearing undersized trousers is the way forward on a Sunday afternoon. Strange man.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 01:15:02 PM »
Very good manager, doesn't bother me re his patter and at times over familiarity with the media. He's from the old school as per Big Ron, El Tel and co. If he wasn't managing he'd be doing the after dinner speaking circuit. Likes the sound of his own voice, what odds.

You can't imagine Pardew, McCarthy, Pulis, or Alan 'interesting' Curbishley holding anyone's attention going that route. For the latter, hiring him for a night would only make sense if you were aiming for a David Koresh-style mass suicide pact from your guests on conclusion.

Candleface has turned things around at WHL, and fair fcuks to him. Go back as recently as 2006 and he was seen as the archetypal lower end of the table manager. I think he's still been relegated more than any other manager in the topflight and when Pompey appointed him in 2006 he was hardly pulling up trees in the Championship with Southampton.  Makes you wonder what managers with a similar profile and reputation for handling struggling clubs might be capable of given a decent platform.

He's had a hate-hate relationship with most Villa fans since his antics in 2007. We were giving him a bit of stick after the BBC documentary but if he'd been big enough to laugh it off -as the likes of Grobbelaar, Benitez and Seaman often did- nothing more would have been made of it. Instead he took it personal, calling Villa fans 'scum' et.c.  Most of the vitriol seems to have stemmed from then.

That and his less than endearing habit of talking about other clubs players as well, obv.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 01:15:21 PM »
He's a very good manager and he's done a great job at Spuds.

I've learnt not believe believe a word he says during transfer windows mind you.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
He left Southampton and Portsmouth in deep shite, and Spurs would be if it were not for the way they structure the deals and the fact their board have more sense and money than the other 2.
So surely it's the clubs' fault?

If they were more sensible like the Spurs board then they wouldn't be in that position.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »
He left Southampton and Portsmouth in deep shite, and Spurs would be if it were not for the way they structure the deals and the fact their board have more sense and money than the other 2.
So surely it's the clubs' fault?

If they were more sensible like the Spurs board then they wouldn't be in that position.

yeah you cant blame Redknapp for spending the money if hes been given it, similar to MON it got to a point where our board would not fund any more of his deals so they stopped it and rightly or wrongly MON packed it in.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
If anyone would like to learn more about Redknapp's alleged history of "dodgy dealing" I recommend a quick read of Tom Bower's excellent book "Broken Dreams."

It's still available on Amazon, so I presume he's never been sued over the contents.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
They were just saying on 5live,when Beckham signed for Milan,the shirt sales more than paid for his time their,and if he signs for Spurs they expect the same.

If you're a Spurs why the hell would you buy a shirt for a two month loan player? If he signed for us would anyone be dumb enough to do it ?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
They were just saying on 5live,when Beckham signed for Milan,the shirt sales more than paid for his time their,and if he signs for Spurs they expect the same.

If you're a Spurs why the hell would you buy a shirt for a two month loan player? If he signed for us would anyone be dumb enough to do it ?

novelty value I suppose. I'm sure a lot of Villa fans would buy a Beckham 23 shirt if he joined. Stick to retro is my advice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal