collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: becks - spurs - the crook is at it again  (Read 9373 times)

Offline pmk1981

becks - spurs - the crook is at it again
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »
"David fancies it. He would like to come and play here," said Redknapp. "He's a fantastic lad and role model in the way he conducts himself and plays."

bet all beckham has said is "maybe" and now the crook is doing his poaching bit again

tosser

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: becks - spurs - the crook is at it again
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »
I don't like Redknapp but I don't see that he's done anything wrong here. He's free to sign for anyone at the moment so it's not as if he's making an illegal approach or anything like that.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
I dont know why Redknapp is hated so much but it just seems the norm these days to slate everyone.

hes done a fantastic job at spurs and id like to see if he could take on the England job

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »
I dont know why Redknapp is hated so much but it just seems the norm these days to slate everyone.

hes done a fantastic job at spurs and id like to see if he could take on the England job

This, what he said !

Offline villa1

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 12:36:05 PM »
Something to do with him having a go at our fans a few years back.

The fact that he talks about players under contract at other clubs.

Allegedly, he is a crook. Brown paper bags and all that.

Granted, he is a good manager and has done brilliantly at Spurs. Would jump at the chance to have him here.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
Did a great job in 2 spells at Porstmouth and has transformed Spurs from mediocrity to Champions League team. He's a winner and we could do with some of that round here.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
And took Southampton down.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »
Did a great job in 2 spells at Porstmouth and has transformed Spurs from mediocrity to Champions League team. He's a winner and we could do with some of that round here.

Remind me of what he has 'won' in his time as a manager? Not that I dispute that we would be far better off with him and that he put the 'is he better than MON?' argument to bed a long time ago...

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »

in the process almost taking Pompey out of business as a result of spending money they didn't have. For a man so experienced you would have thought the likes of Crouch and Defoe and wages of some of the others would have been out of their price structure

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »
And left Pompey cashless....

I can't see him being England manager, or a good one if he were. He can't buy players to play for England so that would scupper him for a start.

What did VDV say recently? Something along the lines that he likes working with Harry, he keeps it simple & they don't do anything on tactics or anything technical etc etc...made me laugh when I read that.

Maybe being harsh. Just don't rate him.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 01:14:33 PM »

in the process almost taking Pompey out of business as a result of spending money they didn't have. For a man so experienced you would have thought the likes of Crouch and Defoe and wages of some of the others would have been out of their price structure

It all served the purpose of elevating his own profile.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »

Remind me of what he has 'won' in his time as a manager? Not that I dispute that we would be far better off with him and that he put the 'is he better than MON?' argument to bed a long time ago...
FA Cup with Pompey, now at a club for the first time that can compete with the so called big 4. Also Spuds wage bill is smaller than Villa's and playing more attractive football than most teams.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 01:21:01 PM »
"David fancies it. He would like to come and play here," said Redknapp. "He's a fantastic lad and role model in the way he conducts himself and plays."

bet all beckham has said is "maybe" and now the crook is doing his poaching bit again
-----------------------------------------------

This rumour also has the finger prints of the tabloids all over it imho.
Lets face it, the prem has kind of dropped back a bit as an attraction when compared to the Stars playing in La liga. There just dosent seem to be football personalities to fill those newspaper pages.
From what ive seen re: this transfer rumour, the tabloids are also absolutely bigging-up the possibilies of this transfer happening so they can once again fill their vacuous pages.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
And left Pompey cashless....

I can't see him being England manager, or a good one if he were. He can't buy players to play for England so that would scupper him for a start.

What did VDV say recently? Something along the lines that he likes working with Harry, he keeps it simple & they don't do anything on tactics or anything technical etc etc...made me laugh when I read that.

Maybe being harsh. Just don't rate him.

Yeah thats why they have got through the next faze of the champions league and are currently lying in fourth playing the best football in the league, what makes me laugh is a villa fan who currently has a manager without a clue that can laugh at something like that

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »

FA Cup with Pompey, now at a club for the first time that can compete with the so called big 4. Also Spuds wage bill is smaller than Villa's and playing more attractive football than most teams.

And has been noted to win the FA cup he gambled and almost lost any other future for Portsmouth.

Spurs wages being smaller then us has more to do with Levy and them buying a lot of promising youth and Eastern European players before Harry got there. He has lost out on several targets as they wouldn't break the wage structure. But give him credit, instead of walking away from the team when he couldn't get his way he has made do with what he has got and took Spurs further then we have been in 15 odd years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal