collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 96468 times)

Offline Sarunyu

• http://astonvillaforever.multiply.com/
Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »
GH need to know when he should take a sub. Hold the decision so long.

Offline villaledge

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:27 PM »
Great desire at the end to score the 3rd, happy with the point overall really deservred, that result will get the villa dressing room bouyant ............ WELL DONE BOYS  ;D

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:33 PM »
Best part of the game - Randy's reaction to the third goal.

Not in Cleveland today for the Brown's final home game agains the Steelers either.  Doubters take note.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »
It would have been interesting if our players weren't stifled by reckless yellow card flashing what would have happened. Although Chelsea putting Boswinga on did throw it into their favour as he got forward more and put in better crosses then Ferrera did.

Very good performance from Carlos. Almost as good from Dunne although he misjudged the cross for their equaliser. Albrighton could have cost us the match but then showed he is the best crosser of the ball and that is the third Clark goal against traditional top 4 teams this season.

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »
After fearing a thrashing, that was a well earned point against all the odds.  I feel that if we'd have been free to commit to tackles in the second half we could have taken all the points.  Mason robbed some of the fight from us and has to be reported.

Hopefully that will have given the confidence kick some of the players needed.  3 points on Wednesday and progression to the next round of the FA Cup is a must though.

MOM: Clark.  Solid performance out of position, some game saving tackles and a goal to boot.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:53 PM »
Very good stuff indeed, really pleasing result and, as many said before the game, a very encouraging performance - I don't think we can accuse them of a lack of fight!

Some excellent performances throughout the team, but special mention to Heskey, who was superb, and Clark, who should definitely keep his place at left back based on that.
Dunne was also very good (although I really think he should have cleared the ball for Drogba's goal), and he could well become an asset for us again; I hope so.
Also I thought Reo-Coker was very good too, although he looked very tired towards the end and so became slightly less effective.

Cracking game, good performances, lots of fight and determination - I would say there is enough in that to be a bit more optimistic.

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Well above all else that game made me believe there is fight and spirit aat Aston Villa.
....and if anyone doubted if Randy still has the passion for Villa, you can't question a man who stage dives across 3 seats in the directors box to hug his Chief Exec!!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
Well done Richard Dunne. I thought he was superb today and a lot like the best of what we saw of him last season. Yes, he was outjumped for their equaliser but that shouldn't take away from a really committed performance.

Offline supertom

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »
Much more like it. We put in a shift today and everyone worked hard. Capitulation after 80 minutes is still a major issue though. But Clark is an absolute hero to me now, simply for wiping that stupid smile off John Terry's face. I fucking love it! That bloke is a total fox hunt!

Big Brad was immense today. The back 4 did okay, but still tried as best it could to switch off on regular intervals. Collins most guilty of that today. However Dunney was much improved today. Much more like the Dunney monster of last season. And we need him back to his best right now. Too big a game for Clarky to come in as a left back I felt, but to be fair to the lad, he's pulled us a thoroughly deserved point today.

Heskey led the line brilliantly. Ash was on/off and in and out of the game. Gabby played quite well. Didn't get into the game as much as he should have, but most importantly he really worked his bollocks off. He'd looked a little lazy so far this season.

Chelsea though were not very good at all. That may give some suggestion as to why we competed as well as we did. But they look way off their best. I don't see them winning the title this year by a long shot. They might struggle to grab 3rd or even 4th. Good! Assholes!

This is all for nought if we go and play like shit against Sunderland though. We need to keep this up and polish off teams that we should polish off.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2011, 03:31:36 PM »
Well above all else that game made me believe there is fight and spirit aat Aston Villa.
....and if anyone doubted if Randy still has the passion for Villa, you can't question a man who stage dives across 3 seats in the directors box to hug his Chief Exec!!

That was brilliant. And Doug looked like he was really enjoying it too!!

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
Much, much better, means I can show my face around these parts with pride, living as I do amongst loads of their gloryhunting, chavvy, never knew Chelsea existed before the year 2000 twats.

We nearly paid for doing what we seem to have done ever since I was about 5 years old and that is, sit on a lead as soon as we gain it

Hope we haven't picked up too many injuries with Sunderland fast on the heels of that one - Gabby, Young and Collins all seemed to be limping at or near the end

Thought Clark was outstanding despite some iffy positioning on occasions and Richard Dunne was back to his rollicking, 'thou shalt not pass if I bloody well have anything to do with it' best

I am now in trouble with the family for screaming obscenities at Tosser Terry when we equalised...

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »
I knew we'd bottle it and throw the win away, the writing was on the wall from 65 minutes onwards. What I really didn't expect was for them to keep pushing, incredible. Haven't seem them fight like that since that goal against Everton. Fantastic stuff.

yeah totally agree, once Chelsea equalised i thought we would totally collapse

Online manic-road

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
Still unbeaten this year.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
Much better. Freidel, Cuellar, Petrov and Dunne were all very good. NRC, Young and Heskey good, Agbonlahor, Downing and Clark not bad, Collins poor. Looked much more solid playing like that. We do give away a phenominal amount of goal > 80 mins.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
Best game of the season so far, we should of done a everton right at the end though to go 3-4 and silence the bridge!

A unexpected point is still good considering this time last season...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal