collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will Houllier Ever Win The Fans Over  (Read 27809 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Will Houllier Ever Win The Fans Over
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
Dave I watched the interview, listened to him on the radio and then read the subsequent  quotes he gave at that time,
tell me why he kept banging on about us being a mid table team and comparing us unfavourably with Liverpool. Then he compounds the situation with his antics at Liverpool. He is either naive, stupid, arrogant or completely out of touch.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2011, 12:48:42 AM »
Once, I believe he said something about seventh-twelfth.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 12:52:09 AM »
Well thats ok then as he only said it ONCE!

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2011, 12:54:52 AM »
It's the truth only in your strange, delusional and paranoid mind!

Happy New Year anyway.

Thanks. You're very gullable, bizarre and naive. Merry Christmas.

I'd rather be thought of as gullable (sic), bizarre and naive than actually believe that our manager deliberately went out to lose to another club!

And I'd rather be thought of as strange delusional and paranoid than believe that our manager feels more for our club than Liverpool. Also actually believe he touched the liverpool badge because its where he almost died and not becuase its some sort of Liverpool fans ritual.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 12:59:52 AM »
I'd rather believe the best of anyone involved with my club than go out of my way to jump to negative conclusions based on no hard evidence. Maybe I'm hopelessly naive as well.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2011, 01:03:37 AM »
He did refer to Villa being seventh-twelfth but I believe it was in the context of his time when last employed in England i.e. his experience of Villa was that they were a club that finished around those positions when he was managing Liverpool.  He also talked about Villa being former Champions of Europe, acknowledged the club's great history and compared us, a little later, to Paris SG. 

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 01:07:27 AM »
Let's give our manager the benefit of the doubt on all the negative things he's done since he took over, and let's concentrate on the positives. Anybody want to start us off....?

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2011, 01:10:37 AM »
Once, I believe he said something about seventh-twelfth.
It wasnt once it was several times on R5 live, SSN, Times, Telegraph and any one else that was prepared to listen "you cant compare them to Liverpool" was repeated. These interviews took place over the first few weeks of his appointment. The Telegraph repeated a lot of his quotes on thursday. I  have seen that some on here have described the fans response after Anfield as an over reaction. Its not a massive leap of faith to link some of the performances including Anfield to the utterances of our manager. The players read and hear the same stuff as the fans, so it is not that surprising tht we have such a negative reaction to the manager.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 01:16:26 AM »
He did refer to Villa being seventh-twelfth but I believe it was in the context of his time when last employed in England i.e. his experience of Villa was that they were a club that finished around those positions when he was managing Liverpool.  He also talked about Villa being former Champions of Europe, acknowledged the club's great history and compared us, a little later, to Paris SG. 

no he did not talk in th past tense, and as said above he repeated the negative comparisons several times.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 01:24:52 AM »
I'd be interested to see where he said all those things, all those times.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2011, 01:32:56 AM »

no he did not talk in th past tense, and as said above he repeated the negative comparisons several times.

If he did do that then he would have to be barking mad as  he was taking over a club that had finished top six for the past three years. 

Could it be his French accent that makes it easy to misconstrue the tense and thus meaning of what he is trying to say?  Many Europeans who have English as a second tongue will add an "s" or take away an "s" from a verb making the tense they are using seem at odds with what they are actually saying. 

I know he taught English in the past but that does not mean his English is always perfect.  I was listening to his press conference today, for example, and he made one or two mistakes with his word choice. 

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 01:34:50 AM »
It feels there has been possibly a tectonic shift in the camp in the last 24 hrs and I hope in a positive way
Perhaps they've had the scraps that needed to happen in a more open way and now we can move forward, let's hope there's a big love in going on now and the first to face the backlash will be Chelski

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 01:41:39 AM »
obviously you think i am making it up, you can lokk back on here at the time of his appointment to see some of it, or get thursdays telegraph

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2011, 01:43:18 AM »
obviously you think i am making it up, you can lokk back on here at the time of his appointment to see some of it, or get thursdays telegraph

I don't think you're making anything up, but these things do tend to have a life of their own - look at the stuff that was flying round on Tuesday night.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011, 01:46:29 AM »
Win games and he'll be OK.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal