collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will Houllier Ever Win The Fans Over  (Read 27910 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Will Houllier Ever Win The Fans Over
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
will houllier win me over ??

if we win today

NO

That's the spirit. I'd rather he becomes a success for Villa.
Quite.
I don't see who you couldn't back him, if he achieved the impossible and beat Chelsea.

beating chelsea is not impossible,  the shit beat them ... the thing is under houllier he is going to play a boring 4-5-1 with no attacking phases in the tactics...

Won't comment on the rest but I'd say the problem if anything has been that we're too open, looking to attack and then getting ripped to shreds on the counter.

I've seen a few mention that Gary Mac is to blame and whilst I don't automatically agree, any team he has either managed or coached in the past has been a long way from defensively sound.

In contrast, GH's Liverpool (never really watched Lyon for any length of time so couldn't comment) were often perceived to be a dour, defence first outfit. Phil Thompson was the no.2 then and whilst it's easy to jump to conclusions this side of the fence, I think it's as likely as any other theories doing the rounds that the difference vis a vis that GH side and this one could be down to the quality of assistant manager.

Offline MonsXI

Re: Will Houllier Ever Win The Fans Over
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
will houllier win me over ??

if we win today

NO

That's the spirit. I'd rather he becomes a success for Villa.
Quite.
I don't see who you couldn't back him, if he achieved the impossible and beat Chelsea.

beating chelsea is not impossible,  the shit beat them ... the thing is under houllier he is going to play a boring 4-5-1 with no attacking phases in the tactics...

Won't comment on the rest but I'd say the problem if anything has been that we're too open, looking to attack and then getting ripped to shreds on the counter.

I've seen a few mention that Gary Mac is to blame and whilst I don't automatically agree, any team he has either managed or coached in the past has been a long way from defensively sound.

In contrast, GH's Liverpool (never really watched Lyon for any length of time so couldn't comment) were often perceived to be a dour, defence first outfit. Phil Thompson was the no.2 then and whilst it's easy to jump to conclusions this side of the fence, I think it's as likely as any other theories doing the rounds that the difference vis a vis that GH side and this one could be down to the quality of assistant manager.

Maybe GMac is the problem but ultimately GH is the one who brought him in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal