collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: managers with claret & blue blood  (Read 6203 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: managers with claret & blue blood
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 07:25:23 PM »
Why the obsession with "claret and blue blood"?  When Newcastle fans come out with all this "Allardyce/Dalglish/Gullit had to go because he didn't understand the Geordie people" bullshit, we rip the piss out of them.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 07:28:05 PM »
European football with Bolton (the club who is probably in his blood) or relegation battle with us?

Tough one for Coyle, that.

Yes I agree. He'd quit and walk out within the blink of an eye. This is Bolton we're talking about, not Man Utd.

yep, just what we want. A manager that walked out Burnley for Bolton. Who would walk out on Bolton for us. And then we'll call him a complete prick for walking out on us when a better looking bird comes along.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
European football with Bolton (the club who is probably in his blood) or relegation battle with us?

Tough one for Coyle, that.

Yes I agree. He'd quit and walk out within the blink of an eye. This is Bolton we're talking about, not Man Utd.

Well this is relegation threatened Aston Villa we are talking about too so he'll hardly be leaving for Man United.

Would you like David Villa to be his first signing too?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »
It's not even January. Hardly 'relegation-threatened'. The season does not finish until May.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 07:34:47 PM »
Indeed, I'm editorialising as I still reckon we will stay up BUT the people who think the sky is falling are the same ones who reckon we can draw any manager regardless of where they are and where we are.

Offline Willie Anderson

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 07:50:07 PM »
For me the best Villa managers in recent years have had claret & blue in their veins I believe this makes a difference all of these left due to differences with ellis. All of them came to Villa because it was Villa will anyone ever come again because its Villa, i doubt it. I say bring in to work with Sid and Kev Mac any of these 3 and as they did in the past will improve our position
Sir Brian, BFR or Johny G

At least if we go down we all go down together, we stay strong together and come back bigger and better together

With all due respect, and acknowledging that football is a game of opinions, that's a proper load of old bollocks.

With all this talk of protests, changing manager AGAIN and now managers with claret and blue blood, our transformation to Newcastle fans is almost complete.

Depressing.

We are everybodys second favourite team

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »
If we are going to go for somebody with a big nose it has to be Thompson not Southgate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal