collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier: Players will stick together and show fighting qualities  (Read 5396 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Houllier: Players will stick together and show fighting qualities
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
We'll see.  Not too many people are expecting to win, but the performance is key.  Another abject Man City type display and his services should be dispensed with forthwith.  A battling display and he buys himself some time.

I agree with your analysis if not the conclusion. I just don't see it being a sensible time to change managers but he really needs the players to show some bottle today. A decent performance followed up with a win on Wednesday  and things will start to look a little happier.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
We'll see.  Not too many people are expecting to win, but the performance is key.  Another abject Man City type display and his services should be dispensed with forthwith.  A battling display and he buys himself some time.

I agree with your analysis if not the conclusion. I just don't see it being a sensible time to change managers but he really needs the players to show some bottle today. A decent performance followed up with a win on Wednesday  and things will start to look a little happier.

Agree with this, I don't expect a result at Chelsea today as their team is far superior, but I do expect maximum effort and more desire.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:32:12 PM by Rip van Fletcher »

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 04:19:07 PM »
It wasn't just talk.

Offline supertom

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 04:37:08 PM »
Well we backed up those comments today. Long may it continue. We've the quality to be comfortably top half, so we really shouldn't be struggling where we are.

I think sometimes it takes a twatting like the one City gave us to really get players to look at themselves and ask themselves whether they're working hard enough. Dunney really performed to his best for the first time under Houllier. He's a leader and we need him at his best now. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Houllier's dropped a few clangers I know. He's got a lot to do to win us round, but this is a start. He's no clown though. He's got players really performing for him, and he's brought the kids through well, and frankly, what he gets from Heskey that others cannot says something about him. Heskey's been brilliant this season and scores goals!

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »
It was nice to see every outfield player join in and celebrate Heskey's goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal