collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:20:06 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by Steve67
[Today at 09:19:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:17:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 09:17:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 09:17:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:17:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:15:59 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 09:15:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Please Randy sack Houllier  (Read 31920 times)

Offline stevenjos

Re: Please Randy sack Houllier
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:22 AM »
its a good point about the best man you can. not the best man available. Signing Houllier was the equivalent of signing Pires... an over the hill waste of space.

I full expect randy to guide us to full mediocrity again after a season where are arse scrapes relegation..

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:59 AM »
didnt Jol get sacked for coming 6th

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2010, 12:49:03 AM »
its a good point about the best man you can. not the best man available. Signing Houllier was the equivalent of signing Pires... an over the hill waste of space.

I full expect randy to guide us to full mediocrity again after a season where are arse scrapes relegation..
Randy gambled his £250 mil on MON, it nearly paid off, now we are dealing with the consequences

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2010, 12:49:36 AM »

Alright then. Who would you have appointed at the time?

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 12:50:25 AM »
McLeish, Jol and Bruce are not pie in the sky, are realistic and better options than we have now. Villa is still a Premiership job. At least until the end of May.

No they are not. Two might keep us in the prem for a couple of seasons, Jol may keep things ticking over a bit longer. Fine if you want mid table (with relegation to follow), even the odd 6th place finish. We need to try things with a bit more vision. We cannot compete on money with at least 5 or 6 clubs so we need to get young players like Arsenal have, from shortly after we knocked them out of a semi final (we won that cup) and when we were their equal. I think that GH is the best bet for that compared to the three you name. GH is changing things and some of the less willing, overpaid, lazy, earn more than my year salary in a day, unfit, twatty, could not give a shit about The Villa, will not put in the effort because their new boss wants them to work abit harder, and pass a football, out of their comfort zone, unfit but not through injury, footballers, it is proving more difficult than it should be to build a new dawn.

I am fed up with the easy option of blaming the Manager. The easy option of not asking why highly paid staff are performing so badly- yeah, they do not like the new training, the Manager, the anythingbloodyelse, but they are trained athletes paid far too much not to adapt to some new ideas and a few extra laps. It is attitude. And bad attitude at that. Now, I am not saying GH is the answer, I have no idea if he is, he has only been here a short while. The problem however in my eyes is players not doing the basic things they have the ability to do.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
Sack Houllier for being unloyal – disloyal, and for joining in fun in a way that excludes his employer. And sack him for being an absolute idiot.  Then can you contact Bill Oddie.

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
Cowans and MacDonald. We've got to find our own management team from within the club and take the chance.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010, 01:38:16 AM »

Alright then. Who would you have appointed at the time?

well for starters i may have gone after people in a job with a proven record. oh and a bit quicker as well so we had a window to operate in...

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2010, 01:39:47 AM »

Randy gambled his £250 mil on MON, it nearly paid off, now we are dealing with the consequences

at the moment we are dealing with the consequences of an old man who has lost the dressing room and has no penetrating football style... the basis of that '£250mill' (seems a bit high). is still a good team....

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:17 AM »
Cowans and MacDonald. We've got to find our own management team from within the club and take the chance.

you'd really want that?

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2010, 01:43:22 AM »

Sounds brilliant that does... like the alternative Ant & Dec...

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2010, 01:46:37 AM »
Randy should sack Faulkner, rehire Martin O'Neill on acceptable terms and explode the internet :-)

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »
Randy should sack Faulkner, rehire Martin O'Neill on acceptable terms and explode the internet :-)

Yeah! Then we can sign a few Blackpool players on upwards of 50k a week and take the rest of Randy's money, finish 6th and thank the Lord (MON) for that. Or we could move on, buy talent from elsewhere. take a chance and stop banging on about MON!

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2010, 03:16:13 AM »

Sounds brilliant that does... like the alternative Ant & Dec...
[/quote]

you'd really want that?

All great managers have to start somewhere

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 04:39:35 AM »
Get Les Reed in, he'll sort this mess out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal