collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We are not alone  (Read 9560 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: We are not alone
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »
As some one said Ireland is the scientific proof we have to accept "we are not alone"

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »
Very worring that Liverpool have been hopeless all season, yet turned us over with ease fielding a second string side.

Man City left a lot of their main players on the bench and I can see Chelsea doing the same.

We are seen as a banker.

Offline MattybAVFC

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »
Anyone who says we were 'beaten by a better side at man city' is talking rubbish. We handed them that win on a plate, we were pathetic, no organisation and no idea. Houillier should resign and we should
get big sam in now because wolves proved they could win, west
ham won last week at fulham and wigan got a draw last night we
are the only team down there not picking up points and under
houillier i fear our premier league days are numbered

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 11:00:35 AM »
Very worring that Liverpool have been hopeless all season, yet turned us over with ease fielding a second string side.

Man City left a lot of their main players on the bench and I can see Chelsea doing the same.

We are seen as a banker.

to be fair , starting with Silva , ballotelli and Johnson up front .  No excuse for Villas shambles but they are still very good players. 

Offline levico

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 11:24:01 AM »
Actually, Wolves win at Anfield alarmed me greatly. All the clubs around us have shown the ability of winning the odd game - the same can't be said about Villa. I think we are now arguably the weakest side in the EPL and not only are we very likely to be relegated, but will do so in bottom place.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »

We are seen as a banker.
Yes last night I was also thinking about our 3-0 drubbing at Anfield. Adding to what you have said 10 men Spurs and Arsenal almost scoring at will this is a worrying time but I say wait  another 4 games and if we are in the bottom 3 or within  1 defeat of bottom 3 than we need to do something different.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 12:40:25 PM »
The thing is, the results are appalling in themselves but it is as though the team has no clue how to counteract the opposition play whilst doing the job the way Houllier is asking them to. Even the poorer teams in the league will ruthlessly exploit a team this weak.

Houllier seems to think the problem is the players and can be solved by publicly criticising individuals, I'm worried that the problem is his tactics and formations are as out of date as his "8th to 12th" opinion of Aston Villa was.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »
To think 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' have got Torres  (  was best striker in the world )
Torres has never under any criteria you might care to mention been the best striker in the world.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »
Houllier seems to think the problem is the players and can be solved by publicly criticising individuals, I'm worried that the problem is his tactics and formations are as out of date as his "8th to 12th" opinion of Aston Villa was.

Think it was seventh.

Ever the optimist, me.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »

We are seen as a banker.
Don't forget Blackpool

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »

Think it was seventh.

Ever the optimist, me.

I checked the quote and you are quite right. Then I reread what he actually said at it boiled my piss more than ever...

'Aston Villa is not a club on the same level as Liverpool, let's be objective and honest. It's a club that according to me has belonged between seventh and 12th place in the Premier League."

Maybe that's the problem. Liverpool are so shit this season and he needs to ensure we don't get above our station by being ahead of them in the table.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »

Think it was seventh.

Ever the optimist, me.

I checked the quote and you are quite right. Then I reread what he actually said at it boiled my piss more than ever...

'Aston Villa is not a club on the same level as Liverpool, let's be objective and honest. It's a club that according to me has belonged between seventh and 12th place in the Premier League."

Maybe that's the problem. Liverpool are so shit this season and he needs to ensure we don't get above our station by being ahead of them in the table.

Made no secret of it, it boiled my piss as well, as did his whole attitude from the presentation press conference with his "might be here, might not, might need to do a few days a week in France" attitude, right through to the pathetic antics at Anfield.

However, we are where we are, and he's here

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »
While we are talking about fouls what about when they send up a big horrible defender to impede the goalkeeper for free kicks and corners look at the treatment Brad got at Blackburn.   No, we are not alone ET Phone home!!!!!
Or the fact that the ball has to be fully over the line for it to be a goal... or that a player in an offside position when a team-mate shoots cannot then tap in the rebound when it comes back off the keeper.

there are three teams worse than us and they all begin with 'W'.
Would they be West Ham, Wolves and those Wankers from across the city?

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 03:13:35 PM »
Talking about those wankers. Can`t believe that goal was given against Man utd. Handball, foul and offside ..........

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 03:36:55 PM »
This is the worst Liverpool squad I can remember (including the Souness era)and yet without their 2 (by far)best players they easily beat the worst Villa team since Mcneil and Turner. There isn't much point in rejoicing in their crapness when a team who are now not many points behind us comfortably beat them. What does it say about the shower of shite that Houllier puts on the pitch?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal