collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We are not alone  (Read 9598 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
We are not alone
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »
I watched the Pool-Wolves game and to my absolute delight i am persuaded by what i saw that Liverpool are as  gutless as we appear to be. Are they still counted in the press as one of the bid four lol . Some of their players do npt want to be there and the shine has completely disappeared. One thing puzzled me about the game, as Wolves were taking corners Kiriakis had a bunch of a Wolves shirt in one hand and his other was in the players throat, not once but at every corner. Has there been a sudden rule change to make us look more like rugby players? The ref was right there saw everything and did nothing, even the Wolves supporters were chanting if that was us you'd have given a penalty.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
Re: We are not alone
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:05:46 AM »
The biggest problem regarding the last week is that every club below us are scrapping and picking up points we need to pull away from the bottom of the table and quickly.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:05:59 AM »
I watched the Pool-Wolves game and to my absolute delight i am persuaded by what i saw that Liverpool are as  gutless as we appear to be. Are they still counted in the press as one of the bid four lol . Some of their players do npt want to be there and the shine has completely disappeared. One thing puzzled me about the game, as Wolves were taking corners Kiriakis had a bunch of a Wolves shirt in one hand and his other was in the players throat, not once but at every corner. Has there been a sudden rule change to make us look more like rugby players? The ref was right there saw everything and did nothing, even the Wolves supporters were chanting if that was us you'd have given a penalty.

You're right on what people see as fouls these days and interpretation of the laws of the game.  I think a lot of this stems from so called 'expert' pundits on TV.  Listening to Jamie Rednapp defending the allowing of the Blues goal against Man Utd the other night being a case in point.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »
As gutless as they are, they still rolled us with ease up at their place -with a weaker team than they put out yesterday.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
The other area of the game where the rules no longer seem to apply is body checking.   This air brushing of the laws of the game started with allowing players to root themselves like an ossified starfish between an opponent and the ball to allow it to run for a goal kick.

We saw it in the Spurs game when a Spurs player lunged five feet or more from the line of the foot race for the ball to body check the attacking Villa player.   No whistle, no free kick.

All of this impromptu interpretation of the rules has come about because referees are allowed to enforce the rules as they see fit without regard to why the rules exist in the first place.   If a defender grapples with an opponent at a corner kick, award a penalty.   If an attacker body checks a goalkeeper or a defender at a corner kick give him a card.   It would end instantly the rugby scrums we are witnessing all the time.

Offline villasjf

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »
While we are talking about fouls what about when they send up a big horrible defender to impede the goalkeeper for free kicks and corners look at the treatment Brad got at Blackburn.   No, we are not alone ET Phone home!!!!!

Offline villa1

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »
From the thread title I thought it had finally been proven that Stephen Ireland is indeed an alien.

I had the misfortune of watching it in the pub with a bunch of Wolves supporting mates. To be fair they were saying we're too big a club to go down and they didn't think we would. But, the only thing we should be worried about is that, every 5 or so years, a so called 'big club' goes.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:26:44 AM by villa1 »

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
I think what's happening at Liverpool is quite similiar to what is happening at Villa Park. You let a manager spend five years assembling a squad, and then, the manager suddenly leaves. You appoint a new, completely different kind of manager -- not necessarily a bad manager, but very different. The result is a squad completely unfit (not necessarily in the Richard Dunne sense) to implement the manager's ideas. What follows is probably a number of poor performances from players struggling to adapt, some of them discouraged, others confused. Supporters perceive this as "gutless" performances, and a vicious cycle is starting.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 09:30:12 AM »
I wanted Liverpool to win.

We need the teams below us to get beat.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 09:34:41 AM »
From the thread title I thought it had finally been proven that Stephen Ireland is indeed an alien.

I had the misfortune of watching it in the pub with a bunch of Wolves supporting mates. To be fair they were saying we're too big a club to go down and they didn't think we would. But, the only thing we should be worried about is that, every 5 or so years, a so called 'big club' goes.

No such thing as being too big to go down. The question is being good enough to stay up.
Why don't we swap managers with Lpool?

Offline villasjf

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 09:48:24 AM »
I dont think we have a natural inspiring leader on the pitch or in the dug out, We need a new Lionheart, failing that the General putting on his dress uniform and giving the whole lot a speach Patton esqish

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 10:15:07 AM »
I watched the pool v Wolves game in the pub what wolves did is battle for each other they put the tackles in and never stopped i must admit the pool are shit, but i think that's what we need to do start battling for each other instead of not being interested when they get on the pitch.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »
Much it grieves me to say it, I'm glad Wolves won. 

And Arsenal drew at Wigan. 

And West Ham won at Fulham.

Anything that shakes up the complacency amongst some Villa supporters, players and hierarchy, that it doesn't matter that we lose 3-0 against the worst Liverpool side in memory,  ship four at home at Arsenal  or concede last minute equalizers at Craven Cottage when we should have been out of sight, because there are three teams worse than us and they all begin with 'W'.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »
To think 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' have got Torres  (  was best striker in the world ) and Gerrard ( some peoples best midfielder in world ) in the team too,  we havent got any player no where near in that league. Very worrying for 'The Mighty Reds YNWA',  ha  ha  ....      If we had Torres and Gerrard we couldnt be as bad as them, could we   ;-s   

Offline villa1

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »
Both were shit. They need to cash in on Torres asap.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal