collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary McAllister  (Read 12763 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Gary McAllister
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 11:11:46 PM »
Just found this,defending is mentioned heavily in this article.
http://www.leedsguide.co.uk/review/leeds-united/some-disastorous-results-for-gary-mcallisters-side/9685

Mcallister is accountable he gets paid very well to coach Aston Villa's first team.
And to say it again, so it Cowans.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 11:13:36 PM »
One of the few things we know about Gary McAllister is that he was Houllier's fourth choice assistant. It was a difficult time to find a new manager, and it was a difficult time to find an assistant manager.

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 11:18:17 PM »
Ok then was Dunne's rant at all of the coaching staff?

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »
both Houllier and Mac sit on the bench like they are waiting for a fucking bus. Its embarassing, the whole thing is a shambles

It really irritates me to see so little passion from them and that rabbit caught in the headlights look they both manage to sport. Makes me yearn fro the days of MON getting all hot and bothered on the touchline.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 11:31:54 PM »
Martin O'Neill jumped about like he had an electric probe up his ass, but never once in 4 years tactically changed the game! So sitting/ standing etc, just don't buy it. I would say though, that Bergues and Thompson were big cogs of the success at Liverpool, and I get the feeling Gary Mac is not in the same league. Thompson would not let us away with defending like we are, and IMO the club should try and get him is as a coach ASAP to join the first team squad, if only for 4 days a week and on weekends he can stay with sky. The back 4 needs sorting, and he made Liverpool mean at the back.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 11:39:21 PM »
Ozzjim makes a very good point. Bringing in a coach to sort the defence could be the difference between survival and relegation. It could be our most cost effective option. Millions of pounds + wages on new players or give Thompson whatever he wants to come in and get the best out of the existing defence?

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »
Ozzjim makes a very good point. Bringing in a coach to sort the defence could be the difference between survival and relegation. It could be our most cost effective option. Millions of pounds + wages on new players or give Thompson whatever he wants to come in and get the best out of the existing defence?

I think we offeresd more than Sky. It was just Thompson wanted to spend more time with his family than doing the job would allow. Fair play to him.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »
As assistant yes. GH could play his card as a coach on the same money, while also asking him to help in his hour of need.

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »
As assistant yes. GH could play his card as a coach on the same money, while also asking him to help in his hour of need.

Maybe. I quite like Houllier but one thing I do not get is he has been with the FFF and seems to meet every coach on these FIFA technical courses. Surely he could get in a decent defensive coach.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »
both Houllier and Mac sit on the bench like they are waiting for a fucking bus. Its embarassing, the whole thing is a shambles

Indeed, I was only thinking watching them yesterday that they were doing the best impression of 'still life' since O'Dreary graced the dugout.

Perhaps I am too much 'old school' but I believe managers and coach should stay in the dugout and not prowl the technical area.  It reminds me of Sunday morning football where intimidation starts on the touchline.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »
I don't think there is a right way or a wrong way. Different managers have different styles and have to do what they feel is right. Maybe the Houllier-Thompson combination was better than the Houllier-McAllister combination: the former duo consisting of a deep thinker analyzing how the match is progressing and a more simple-minded "doer" shouting instructions at the players. 

Offline sfx412

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2010, 09:47:05 AM »
how long before someone blames the Gypsy Curse I wonder.

Pathetic

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
SAF is normally sitting, he tends to get up when there's an issue, and he normally gets a fairly instant response from his players

Mancini was out in his technical area barking orders even at 4 up.

GH & GM sat there motionless which is strange

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal