collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary McAllister  (Read 12798 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Gary McAllister
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 08:37:46 PM »
Blaming Mcalister is stupid, GH is the manger he picks his staff, if there is a problem with coaching and team leadership it is the managers fault, if it is a problem with the manager it is Randy and Faulkners fault.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »
I think a lot of our defensive problems are down to him.  A Leeds fan I know said when he got the job at Leeds their defence turned to shit pretty much overnight, lots of stupid goals especially from set pieces, corners.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:28:55 AM by Karlos96 »

Offline eastie

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 08:48:26 PM »
houllier to blame for employing him , but his record is appalling at cov , leeds and boro!

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
Not that I want this but Gregory won't come back now he has sold his V1LLA number plate!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 08:57:06 PM »
From the little concrete information we have, we know that GH sits down with GMac, Sid and the fitness and goalkeeping chaps in the morning, giving them instructions as to what he wants them to do. That came from an interview with GH, if anybody wants to look it up.

Now, maybe Dave or somebody else can tell me how it is Sid's problem? As Smudger Smith will testify, I'm a great believer in coaching but for me,  this is just another example that GH's success at Liverpool was down in part to Patrice Berges. Assistant Managers and Steve Harrison springs to mind, don't have to be the best coaches n the world, just as long as they keep the lads happy. Harrison was famous for it and his joking about with the players. They loved him. Gary Mac, as great a player as he was, seems to have taken on a different role and if we are to believe Dunne's outburst, it hasn't gone down too well with the lads.

Saying that, there's nothing like a win to get everybody back singing from the same hymn sheet. Look at West Ham, crap as they may be, they haven't stopped fighting for the team since we stuffed them on the first game of the season. Everybody was prepared to write them off but they're still in with a shout of staying up, despite their dreadful start, providing they keep fighting.

My concern is we're not even fighting and whether you're top or bottom in this league, you'll get no where without fighting for the full 90 minutes, which can only lead me to believe, something is wrong at Bodymoor Heath. The problem may lie with Gary Mac but it's up to GH to solve it.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »
I would give Houghton or even Wilkins a call ..  at least they know what they are doing...

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »
I think people have confused sentiment with evidence. Yes, we revere Sid and he was one of the most naturally gifted players it's been our privilege to have at the club, but if he's not cutting the mustard as a first team coach then that's different. Sid the player and Sid the man can still be loved, but that's no reason to keep him in the position if we need new ideas.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
I think people have confused sentiment with evidence. Yes, we revere Sid and he was one of the most naturally gifted players it's been our privilege to have at the club, but if he's not cutting the mustard as a first team coach then that's different. Sid the player and Sid the man can still be loved, but that's no reason to keep him in the position if we need new ideas.
But that is down to the manager, he is the leader, its up to him to lead

Offline RogerS

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »
both Houllier and Mac sit on the bench like they are waiting for a fucking bus. Its embarassing, the whole thing is a shambles

Indeed, I was only thinking watching them yesterday that they were doing the best impression of 'still life' since O'Dreary graced the dugout.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »

I agree, but that wasn't my point. What I meant was that just like when the team wins or loses, in turn the coaching staff must bear responsibility. We can't 'absolve' Sid because he's a Villa hero and the others aren't.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 09:42:33 PM »

I agree, but that wasn't my point. What I meant was that just like when the team wins or loses, in turn the coaching staff must bear responsibility. We can't 'absolve' Sid because he's a Villa hero and the others aren't.
Agree but the buck stops with the manager,it is his responsibility

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
Thats why Houllier is paid the £3m+ p a
the buck stops here

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 09:51:22 PM »
Thats why Houllier is paid the £3m+ p a
the buck stops here

And we're now into the third page of discussing the assistant manager.

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
Just found this,defending is mentioned heavily in this article.
http://www.leedsguide.co.uk/review/leeds-united/some-disastorous-results-for-gary-mcallisters-side/9685

Mcallister is accountable he gets paid very well to coach Aston Villa's first team.

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal