collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Could Randy Lerner or some rep of RAL please say something  (Read 12044 times)

Offline rutski

Re: Could Randy Lerner or some rep of RAL please say something
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 08:21:11 PM »
with regards to the chairman saying things to appease the minority, then i say his actions in january will speak louder than any words of appeasement to stupid ears!
If he doesnt back him with his chequebook then there is no faith and no ambition, however i think he will back him and our fortunes will turn for the better!
Most on here wanted mon out because of the shit we had to endure on the pitch but with relative success, now he has fucked off and a new system is trying to be put in place, you all want it like it was before with drivel being played without certain style! The only criticism i have with houllier is that he should have done it gradually however with the injuries and bad attitudes of certain players perhaps he had no choice!
This man has been a success where ever he has been. I for one with randys backing feel he will turn it round!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:33:31 PM by rutski »

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »
 Can someone tell me what was the fiasco at the Browns?

Offline d.boy junior(sid)

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 08:52:45 PM »
Someone has to say something soon because all these rumours are getting out of hand. One saying about The manager and lichaj and albrighton having an arguement, one about the directors saying he can only buy the cheap players and sell our best ones is driving me crazy, tbh the last one is like milner all over again it makes sense :/. We are putting too much faith in our academy in my opinion and unless things start to change, we are going down. Why did they buy pires i dont understand hes a "has-been" he has no steam left and can varely last 20 minutes in a game.

Im frustrated i know but its making no sense why we areny playing together, we have gone from top 6 to bottom 6 in the space of 6 months, HOW!? Its crazy never have i seen a team do it in my life. Once again this is my opinion and I know the rumours may not be true but it kinda adds up, with dunne not getting played for w.e reason and the youngsters all being pushed over the other team memebers in my opinion it makes sense.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 09:02:48 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think Houllier and McAllister should go now. Still get rid of.Ireland, and give someone else the same squad as last season minus Milner and plus Pires and some now more experienced youngsters, and see if they can get the results more in line with last season. If it's too late for January additions so be it, just keep us up and have the money in the summer.
I would take anyone with recent pl experience and a reasonable track record.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 11:50:01 PM »
I see to remember someone asking the general whether Curtis Davies wasn't being picked because of a clause in his contract. Then when the general said that wasn't the case, said questioner replied "The Davies contract question still hasn't been resolved."

If only I could remember the name of the questioner. Brontesomething......

Care to dig out that quote? I do recall asking Mr Krulak why Stephen Ireland was signed without having a manager in place. Of course the deal was already signed and sealed subject to James Milner playing against West Ham. A situation legally that makes absolutely no sense but there you go......

I'd like to know how committed Lerner is to the club? His track record in charge of sports teams is a disaster but unlike the NFL, the threat of relegation is very real. With our debts and wage bill, relegation would be catastrophic.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 11:57:28 PM »
Sorry, it was you who went out of his way to insult 'Mr' Krulak - which you are still doing - and anyone else who disagreed with you, then continued to talk about Davies when it had been explained that .his contract had nothing to do with the loan deal.

At the last count Lerner is about £180 million committed to the club, and I doubt he moved to the leafy Warwickshire countryside because he likes being close to Drayton Manor.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 12:07:56 AM »
Sorry, it was you who went out of his way to insult 'Mr' Krulak - which you are still doing - and anyone else who disagreed with you, then continued to talk about Davies when it had been explained that .his contract had nothing to do with the loan deal.

At the last count Lerner is about £180 million committed to the club, and I doubt he moved to the leafy Warwickshire countryside because he likes being close to Drayton Manor.

Who was insulted? He wasn't anyway.

How much interest does AVFC pay RAL on an annual basis? Lerner did sanction the moves for Beye, Warnock, Shorey, Harewood, Ireland, Heskey et al so is far from blameless for the current financial predicament we find ourselves.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 12:10:08 AM »
'we find ourselves'? It's his money.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »
I am totally gobsmacked at the lack of understanding of the problems Houllier has been facing. He has taken over a team that were unable to buy in the summer and lost probably their most affective player. He then lost not one not two but at least five experienced players ouy of his squad to long term injuries, forcing him to play kids some of whom would have not seen first team duty for a little while yet. He tries to root out the
troublemakers and non performers and gets accused of  losing the players. I can't think of any manager who could encounter all those problems piling up on him without major losses. SAir Alex himself would fare no better given those circumstances, i am not saying GH is the answer to all our prayers what i am saying is that many of you have not thought these problems through and are letting frustration get in the way of reality. Lets wait a few weeks see who he brings in and then weigh things up.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 12:45:34 AM »
I am totally gobsmacked at the lack of understanding of the problems Houllier has been facing. He has taken over a team that were unable to buy in the summer and lost probably their most affective player. He then lost not one not two but at least five experienced players ouy of his squad to long term injuries, forcing him to play kids some of whom would have not seen first team duty for a little while yet. He tries to root out the
troublemakers and non performers and gets accused of  losing the players. I can't think of any manager who could encounter all those problems piling up on him without major losses. SAir Alex himself would fare no better given those circumstances, i am not saying GH is the answer to all our prayers what i am saying is that many of you have not thought these problems through and are letting frustration get in the way of reality. Lets wait a few weeks see who he brings in and then weigh things up.

A rare voice of reason in a sea of reckless despair.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2010, 08:40:51 AM »

My thoughts entirely and most other peoples about 2 months ago but with every defeat the balance of support has shifted, although the main reasons as you have listed have not.

GH has the ideas that can take this club forward on an unlevel playing field, rather than the same old, same old of the likes of Curbishley, Allardyce, Hughes etc.  Whether he can put those ideas into tactics on the pitch, only time will tell.  I am still for giving him time and money to do that.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »
I said a few days ago, we may be taking a few steps back, but that is too ensure we are able to take even more steps forward.

I think/hope all what Houllier is doing is for the good of the club and will improve us as a club.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »

My thoughts entirely and most other peoples about 2 months ago but with every defeat the balance of support has shifted, although the main reasons as you have listed have not.

GH has the ideas that can take this club forward on an unlevel playing field, rather than the same old, same old of the likes of Curbishley, Allardyce, Hughes etc.  Whether he can put those ideas into tactics on the pitch, only time will tell.  I am still for giving him time and money to do that.

How much time though?

The club look like they are prepared to back him in the transfer market, but we have Chelsea, Sunderland, the cup game, Blues, then Man City in the next 3 weeks. How many points will we pick up amongst those?

We are all desperate for him to turn this round but the nuclear scenario for the board is investing in players Houllier has chosen and we suffer another three or four bad results.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2010, 10:06:17 AM »
When Doug was in charge we complained about his continual interferance, the lack of funing, his sacking of managers, the lack of investment, and now its all Randy's fault for all sorts of things, along with McAllister, Houllier, Cowans, the Gypsies curse, and no doubt a few more if results don't change.
We are informed there is no money to spend, Gen K is in hiding, most of the squad is in revolt and relegation is a cert.
Happy New Year Villa fans, I'm worried I admit with the run of results and the lack of fight shown, but for now  Mon's depature when he did plus the injury list contributes anything.
No statement from Lerner or anyone else will change that and it certainly won't alter what happens where it matters.
On the pitch.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:59 AM »

Who was insulted? He wasn't anyway.

How much interest does AVFC pay RAL on an annual basis? Lerner did sanction the moves for Beye, Warnock, Shorey, Harewood, Ireland, Heskey et al so is far from blameless for the current financial predicament we find ourselves.

And if he didn't back the manager he'd be at fault for that?  You can't have it both ways. 

And were not in a financial predicament.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal