collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Could Randy Lerner or some rep of RAL please say something  (Read 12002 times)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Re: Could Randy Lerner or some rep of RAL please say something
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »
Well, Houllier is in the one in charge of the team, he is talking to the press, and he is saying that the team is not playing well and that we are in a relegation fight at the moment. Why does Lerner need to say anything? The manager (and thus presumably the board) is aware that we are in trouble. There is no sign of anyone putting their head in the sand.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 03:34:57 PM »
Yes, Randy, perhaps you could have one of your closest accomplices come onto this board and field questions from supporters.

Who could then constantly be asked questions about team selection and playing matters, despite saying repeatedly that he can't answer them, and get used as a punchbag every time we lose.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »
Of course Doug Adressed the fans all the time didnt he?

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »
No it's not. The problems will resolve themselves soon and I think we'll end up mid-table. Once we've had a full pre-season under the new manager, with his signings, things will change. I have no doubt about that.

Drummond, I am desperate to share your faith and I appreciate this was always going to be a difficult season. However, despite the injury problems, I am alarmed at the lack of organisation in the side. Houllier has always set his teams up to be diffcult to beat, based on a tight defence, and at times, even a negative approach in his Liverpool days.

I am trying to see signs of that but the evidence and goals against column suggests suugests he does not have a clue how to address it at the moment. We will only start picking up points when we stop conceding goals and at the moment it's getting worse not better.

Oh, and I don't think Lerner making any soothing comments in the press about having patience and giving the manager time is going to make us feel any better.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »
No it's not. The problems will resolve themselves soon and I think we'll end up mid-table. Once we've had a full pre-season under the new manager, with his signings, things will change. I have no doubt about that.

I'm sure some were saying that in 1986/87

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »
I see to remember someone asking the general whether Curtis Davies wasn't being picked because of a clause in his contract. Then when the general said that wasn't the case, said questioner replied "The Davies contract question still hasn't been resolved."

If only I could remember the name of the questioner. Brontesomething......

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 04:38:10 PM »
Then if does say something all the smartarses will say "don't tell me, show me", "actions speak louder than words" and "I've heard it all before".

He's made a statement as Houllier is still in a job and he hasn't panicked like Mike Ashley. He'll make another statement by the extent to which he supports him in the transfer window. That's all that metters.

I agree and this is because I'd like him not to tell us but show us. This whole having your face all over the media with weasel words and mealy platitudes is somewhat Gollivanesque and is rather suggestive of not planning on doing anything other than sit in an office and praying.

What and why the fuck should he say something to us? Would some meaningless platitude like 'the players and management at the club are working tirelessly to resolve our bad run' be worth anything? To me, no. There would be far more value in him backing his manager in the window or if he chooses making a managerial change. Why do we need him to show some leadership to us? Are we part of the problem? Is he? Do chief executives and owners generally show such "leadership" unless they are annoying rent-a-gobs? No they don't.

I'd like to think that Randy is presently doing something, making tough decisions and that Paul Faulkner is monitoring the situation from the ground and that both are talking to players and management. If they are not doing something then there is something wrong. If they are not saying anything it doesn't matter as long as they are doing something.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »

I'm sure some were saying that in 1986/87

Fact is we've a really small squad of overpaid players. When the heart of that team is out through injury the manager is stuffed.

Lichaj
Hogg
Herd
Bannan
Albrighton
Clarke
Delfouenso
Delph
Weismann

All players who have appeared for the Villa at some point this season. A couple who have appeared before and in essence a youth/reserve team. These are the players that Houllier has tpo work with sometimes 6 or 7 of which are in the team/squad on match day.

How is pillorying the manager over results when having to use these players fair?

When you add in to the mix Carew, Dunne, Ireland and Heskey that have been pilloried by fans into the mix alongside Petrov, NRC, Warnock and Downing that have also come in for stick previously and it makes the squad look exceptionally weak doesn't it?

Whose fault is all of that?

The last manager left players out who he didn't like, NRC and Young L being prime examples and came in for criticism, the new manager leaves out Dunne, Carew and Ireland who the fans have largely siad are crap and it's hard to see what more he could have done.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »
This is all about problems on the playing side at present.
What can directors say about poor results during a period where the transfer window is closed?
Unless you are saying there are problems with the overall running of the club in the way there were in the late 1960s or the final years of Doug, its not for the directors/owners to comment.
Leave it to the team manager to comment or not on all playing matters, in the end results improve or eventually directors sack managers. Thats how it should work, unless you want club directorship David Sullivan or Ken Bates style ?

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »
Where's Phil Mepham when you need him......

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
But where is our chairman Randy Lerner in all this. Where does he stand? Has he lost the love for AVFC? Is he prepared to commit funds to the club in January? Has he learned from the Browns debacle in the US?

There are loads of questions and now we need our chairman in the midst of this crisis to publicly let the supporters know how he feels. The silence from the top is deafening and is adding to the problems.
I have Randy's secret email address so emailed him your questions. It took less than a minute for him to reply, which I thought was very decent of him. He said "Thank Bronti for his questions and tell him to grow a pear". Maybe it's a magic pear, where everything we wish for is granted. Either that or a mispelling.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 06:56:51 PM »
I think they will back GH in january that's the action i would like for the time being to see if it can change anything on the pitch.

Offline paultur

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 07:11:34 PM »
gerrard int doing it
we cant wait for him to turn things around because we are running out of time, 20 points is the minimum requirement for a team who is aiming to stay up ,,, and its a disgrace we are in this position
im not blaming houllier ,,,,,im just saying he has to go for the good of the club and be replaced with a manager like sam A . to get us out of this hole
gerrard has no experience in relegation scraps and we must act and be ruthless to make sure we survive ths crisis we are in at  present

Offline Sutton_Villa23

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »
at the moment they are backing him to the tune of an u19 french player from a very average french club and a jamaican fella from the MLS who no one has ever heard of. We are knee deep in the brown stuff and we need to get rid of this clown before we watch our boys jog out to play Derby and Nottm Forest next year. He is alienating our senior players, and yesterday i heard him say publicly that Eric Lichaj had a mare which i'm sure will do wonders for the lads confidence - the only club statement i want to see is "Gerard Houllier had left by mutual consent"

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
From what I saw this is not a problem with squad depth or lack of quality. It wasn't that we lost 4-0 to Man City that was the problem. It wasn't a case of our simply doing our best and being beaten by a better team. If it were then who wouldn't say 'fair enough, there's not a lot we can do to address this till the transfer window' I saw a collection of disaffected, directionless players out there who could barely be called a team. And that problem must reside with the manager and what he and his staff are doing. We are the most out of form team in the Prem at the moment, we are 1, yes *1* point above the relegation zone and have the worst goal difference in the division. Leaving it till the manager has had a full pre-season may be too late, unless the thought of preparing to face Crystal Palace and Coventry City fills you with delight...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal