collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Could Randy Lerner or some rep of RAL please say something  (Read 12009 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Could Randy Lerner or some rep of RAL please say something
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »
I think I speak for the majority of Villa fans when I say this club is a real crisis situation that will probably lead to relegation in May unless drastic changes take place. The team is rotten to the core at the moment and in many cases disgracing the club.

But where is our chairman Randy Lerner in all this. Where does he stand? Has he lost the love for AVFC? Is he prepared to commit funds to the club in January? Has he learned from the Browns debacle in the US?

There are loads of questions and now we need our chairman in the midst of this crisis to publicly let the supporters know how he feels. The silence from the top is deafening and is adding to the problems.

Offline Linus

Re: Could Randy Lerner or some rep of RAL please say something
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »
Don't confuse our club with a democracy.

Offline eastie

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 02:05:47 PM »
i respect the general greatly but he would only tell us what randy wants us to be told - i want randy to address the fans himself!

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 02:07:09 PM »
Randy was parked right by us at the game. So he was there to see it.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
No it's not. The problems will resolve themselves soon and I think we'll end up mid-table. Once we've had a full pre-season under the new manager, with his signings, things will change. I have no doubt about that.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
No it's not. The problems will resolve themselves soon and I think we'll end up mid-table. Once we've had a full pre-season under the new manager, with his signings, things will change. I have no doubt about that.

On what evidence are you basing this opinion?

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »
i respect the general greatly but he would only tell us what randy wants us to be told - i want randy to address the fans himself!

Big time - while having a board member on here previously had it's advantages, it is Mr Lerner voice that really matters. The board cannot continue with it's head buried in the sand and are playing a dangerous game with the supporters if they continue to.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »

The display at Liverpool reminded me so much of Newcastle the season they went down. Remember how gutless Newcastle were at Villa Park on the last day of the season? That is us now. We are an absolute rabble and I can't see that changing. Where was the bounce after the West Brom game? Nowhere and that is extremely worrying.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »
Then if does say something all the smartarses will say "don't tell me, show me", "actions speak louder than words" and "I've heard it all before".

He's made a statement as Houllier is still in a job and he hasn't panicked like Mike Ashley. He'll make another statement by the extent to which he supports him in the transfer window. That's all that metters.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 02:19:09 PM »
I agree with Drummond.  Houllier has had zero chance of fielding a settled side yet.  He has had zero chance of bringing in his own players yet.  Houllier's track record suggests he can win trophies - or at least he knows how to get his teams competing for big prizes.  He is a winner, like it or not.

Only lunatic clubs such as the Newcastle Uniteds of this world would sack a manager after he has been given no opportunity to put his stamp on a team in the first place.  If we really want to place oursleves in a crisis we can get rid of our current manager, get a new one in and start destabilizing the club all over again.  When that manager appears to be struggling we can then sack him too...

Stability is king.  We have an experienced manager with a track record of success, allow him to sort the club out in his way. He will do it - as his C.V. suggests.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:22:04 PM by Billy Walker »

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »
Then if does say something all the smartarses will say "don't tell me, show me", "actions speak louder than words" and "I've heard it all before".

He's made a statement as Houllier is still in a job and he hasn't panicked like Mike Ashley. He'll make another statement by the extent to which he supports him in the transfer window. That's all that metters.

He is the chairman of the club. Some words would be a start. All we are hearing now is Villa haven't spent in 2010, the Cleveland Browns fiasco, club in crisis etc I think we need a public statement confirming his commitment to the club and alarm at the current situation. He may say that he wishes to keep the wage bill in line with 75% (is it?) of revenue as per the UEFA guidelines but that transfer budgets would be provided where necessary.

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 02:37:19 PM »
Yes Randy, please speak to us so we can pick apart every word, read between the lines, misinterpret the meaning and jump to our own conclusions which were formed before you opened your mouth anyway.  If only you would speak to us I feel sure that a crisis would be averted.

Thanks.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
What is the difference in what Faulkner, Lerner or the General has to say? They all work for the same organization, having same goals, sitting in same meetings. Does the same content change, depending which mouth says it?

And I guess most people just want him to say what they want to hear, not what he wants to say. (and to be taken out of context and misused by the press)

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:39:58 PM »
I don't want fuckin lame duck pacifying statements.  I just want action taken to address the slide towards the Championship.  We have no choice other than to see what January brings because as I said the other day on the match thread, there is not a chance in hell he will be leaving before the end of this season at least.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 03:12:48 PM »
It always amuses me the number of people shiting themselves because they haven’t heard anything from the chairman. Anguished cries of, why hasn’t he said anything? Has he lost his love for the club? He no longer cares, etc,etc.  Are people that insecure that everything will miraculously sort itself out with a few wise words from the top brass? It’s never been his style so why he should change tack now I don’t know. If he were to say anything it would only be what we would want to hear anyway.

As has been pointed out the funds that will be available in January will speak volumes. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal