collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 12:48:46 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:40:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 12:38:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: some explanations please  (Read 5007 times)

Offline germanvillain

some explanations please
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »
hi guys,

i'm a german fan of aston villa for three years now, I watch the games whenever I can and so on..
I started to wonder about the horrible performance they showed in the last matches, so I signed here, but I still have some questions.
Can u maybe tell me..

1) .. why the fuck are they playing so unmotivated?
2) .. if I'm just wrong or do rly play b-team players so often instead of our highly paid?
3) .. what is the problem between Houllier and the team?
thanks for the answers AND
Sorry for the bad english ..

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: some explanations please
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 01:06:27 PM »
1. We've no idea.

2. The higher paid players are, by and large, the ones who have let us down the most. Actually, more accurately, the lower paid players (the kids) are the ones who have performed best recently.

3. No idea. There's clearly a problem though.

Offline glasses

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »
1) Gerard Houllier does not strike me as a very good motivator, and never has. In his successful spell at that team that play in red, he had Phil Thomson dealing with that side of things.
2) The reserves/youth players were brought in because of injuries to the senior players. Some have performed well and look like they will be good players. Others, whilst trying their best, aren't good enough. Some of the senior players have been poor, but are going through some big backroom changes to tactics and philosophy.
3) I think some players have a problem with the new Tactics and Philosophy/Houllier. I think Houllier has a problem with some of the players.

I have a problem with Houllier.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
Germanvillain stick with us we will root out these shysters from our club soon.

Offline Simba

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 01:44:56 PM »
Who- Paulie and Glasses?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
Germanvilla – why, when you have the perfect excuse not to, do you support the Villa?

We all had no choice, we were born or dragged into and haven't stopped moaning since. Moan after moan after f***ing moan - be it wembley ticket allocations, TV screens, traffic problems (that was me), John Carew (me again) or a polite and pleasant Frenchman waving to some old friends. We moan when we win, we moan when one of our ambitious players moves onto better things in life, we moan when our players change jobs for three times more money (even though we'd all do exactly the same ourselves) and we're suicidal, vicious and vindictive when we lose. We make Victor Meldrew look cheerful (I know, me again!).

You, on the other hand, have a league where the clubs are run properly, the fans are well looked after and not ripped off, a league that is entertaining and skilful, full stadiums where fans can stand and have a beer and be treated well, and fans that create a fantastic atmosphere at games. You even have trains that get you to game on time!

And best of all you have FC St Pauli in Hamburg.

You're very welcome, but why on earth would you choose to support us?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 02:41:46 PM »
Because he has good taste?

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »
They lack confidence and self-belief. Their heads drop once they concede a goal and they do that every match now.

2) .. if I'm just wrong or do rly play b-team players so often instead of our highly paid?
It seems as if Houllier has a problem with a number of our highly paid, at least Dunne, Ireland, Beye and Carew. Also, a lot of our highly paid -- NRC, Petrov, Heskey, Young -- have had some injuries.

3) .. what is the problem between Houllier and the team?
I don't think there is a problem between Houllier and the team, but a problem between Houllier and some of the most influential members of the squad, namely Dunne and Carew. I'm a cynic and think part of the problem is that a number of the senior players had it quite comfortable under MON: training sessions were rare, wages were high, and a place in the starting eleven was (for some) guaranteed. GH has introduced double training session, and tried to introduce a more competitive enviroment. This hasn't gone down well with everybody.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
They lack confidence and self-belief. Their heads drop once they concede a goal and they do that every match now.

It does seem to take us until we're two goals down to start trying to get any forward momentum going these days.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
It does seem to take us until we're two goals down to start trying to get any forward momentum going these days.

Yesterday we actually started to play when the game was lost. Some of the explanation was probably that Man City was taking it easy when the three points were in the bag, but it was as if we only dared to play with freedom when there wasn't anything to lose.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »
Germanvilla – why, when you have the perfect excuse not to, do you support the Villa?

We all had no choice, we were born or dragged into and haven't stopped moaning since. Moan after moan after f***ing moan - be it wembley ticket allocations, TV screens, traffic problems (that was me), John Carew (me again) or a polite and pleasant Frenchman waving to some old friends. We moan when we win, we moan when one of our ambitious players moves onto better things in life, we moan when our players change jobs for three times more money (even though we'd all do exactly the same ourselves) and we're suicidal, vicious and vindictive when we lose. We make Victor Meldrew look cheerful (I know, me again!).

You, on the other hand, have a league where the clubs are run properly, the fans are well looked after and not ripped off, a league that is entertaining and skilful, full stadiums where fans can stand and have a beer and be treated well, and fans that create a fantastic atmosphere at games. You even have trains that get you to game on time!

And best of all you have FC St Pauli in Hamburg.

You're very welcome, but why on earth would you choose to support us?

Thanks for that DeKuip, made me chuckle and I needed to do that.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »
Also we have very weak attack with Emile Heskey and John Carew who is both old and past their prime, Agbonlahor just come back from injury and can score goals but doesn't have a footballing brain and Nathan Delfouneso who is overrated kid.
which means as soon the opposition score, our head drop.

Also we have lost Martin Laursen to injuries who give us leadership, set pieces threat and viking spirit and James Milner who work so hard and is intelligent player who went to the Manchester Oil.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:33:27 PM by Salsa Party Animal »

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
Stick with it my german friend.

Going through some shit makes us appreciate the good times more whenever they come around.

Anyway, its FA Cup 3rd round soon and this is the season we get off 7 which we have been stuck on for a while.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »
Who- Paulie and Glasses?

Very good Simba. I see Castle Bromwich humour lives on forever!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »
Stefan Beinlich, Mattias Breikrutz, Der Hammer, Maggie Thatcher
Your boys took one hell of a beating 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal