collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crisis At Villa Park  (Read 5738 times)

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
Crisis At Villa Park
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »
As we all know MON screwed us with days to go before the start of the new season but  this
was only part of the problem. We have players on huge salaries (long term contracts) that no
other team will touch . We have no leader on or off the pitch we just have so called stars who
are really not interested in playing for us and certainly not bothered about Houliier. Training
seems to be a bit of a problem area as Houllier has introduced double training sessions
which has probably caused all the injuries as MON used to do very little according to reports.
What we need now is either for Randy Lerner to actually make an announcement (can we
please hear your voice) and say that he has made an error in recruiting Houllier and bring
someone else in (possibly Martin Jol) what is the point in giving Houllier money to spend when
the  team don't want to play for him. We are being linked with second rate players who are
not going to help us fight what is now a relegation dogfight. We are now a club in turmoil and us
us fans do not deserve to watch this rubbish week in week out.

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: Crisis At Villa Park
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »
It's not officially a crisis until "tornvillabadge.jpg" appears on the back of the Mail.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:39:12 AM »
It's not officially a crisis until "tornvillabadge.jpg" appears on the back of the Mail.

I'd just though of that when I saw the title. There will soon be noses writing in to the Mail pretending to be Villa fans saying we should go cap in hand to MON begging him to come back...not as bad an idea as appointing Neil fucking Warnock mind.

We'll lose to Chelsea then go on a run and all this will be old news.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:40:53 AM »
The torn badge is just around the corner I'm afraid  !  What the hell are Chelski going to do to us on unday I fear another 7-0 humiliation. I hate to admit it but we really are up s**t creek.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:42:34 AM »
Agreed. Those in the "give him the transfer window" camp should think how many players we are realistically going to get. 3 tops so there are 8 players currently not performing that we'll be stuck with for the rest of the season.

Big call Randy.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
For those fans going to Stamford Bridge on Sunday (me being one of them) we need to start letting Houllier know that we are not happy it's ok to applaud the players but even they don't give a s**t they
can't be bothered to even come over to us and say thanks for the loyal support.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 11:44:29 AM »
Where is Randy by the way?  Time to show some leadership for a change.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 11:46:03 AM »
Where does the whole "torn badge" thing in the tabloids come from?  It's always made me laugh.  Can anyone remember when it started?

When Sir Brian turned things around in 1994/5 I don't remember seeing a picture of him glueing the badge back together, that would have been the least they could have done.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »
For those fans going to Stamford Bridge on Sunday (me being one of them) we need to start letting Houllier know that we are not happy it's ok to applaud the players but even they don't give a s**t they
can't be bothered to even come over to us and say thanks for the loyal support.

Difficult one, if I'd have been at City yesterday and they came over I'd have given them a round of fucks.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:10 AM »
Crisis ? What crisis ?

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:34 AM »
This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you've got a moment, it's a twelve-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants...

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you've got a moment, it's a twelve-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants...

love it

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »
It's a storm in a teacup.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »
What we need now is either for Randy Lerner to actually make an announcement (can we
please hear your voice) and say that he has made an error in recruiting Houllier and bring
someone else in (possibly Martin Jol) what is the point in giving Houllier money to spend when
the  team don't want to play for him

So what's the 'or' to your either?

I hope Lerner has got a bit more bottle than to panic now.

Offline TheBarneyArmy

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 12:12:48 PM »
Houllier is the new McNeil, we're doomed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal