collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest ?  (Read 29711 times)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Re: Protest ?
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »
Dave knows very little about the PMK1981 when he chooses to call him a stroppy toddler and his insult could well stifle this guy's contribution in the future - i.e. ending his legitimate right to free speech on this forum.

Come on, adam#1, ignoring threaths of violence etc -- and that's not what we are talking about here -- it's silly to suggest that someone's right to free speech can be curtailed by a comment on a Internet message board. If PMK1981 decides to sulk instead of replying to what he perceives as an insults, that's his choice. To turn this into a debate about freedom of speech is just ridiculous. You could just as well argue that Woodhall's right to free speech has been impaired because some posters think that he, as fanzine editor, should be nice to everyone. That doesn't make sense, either.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:26:22 PM by Eigentor »

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
Am I in the H&V clique? I've always wanted to be in a gang.

Offline adam#1

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
OK. I concede.

Its not easy posting and trying to do a job at the same time. Concentration lapsed.

Its been emotional!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »
I am the one talking about insults. You are the one who brought the General into it by trawling through my posts from another thread that you brought over onto this thread to raise in your defence by criticising me - perhaps you'd care to take the time to go back through this thread to clarify that - I'm sure it won't take you as long as it did to trawl through my previous posts to seek out one with which to criticise me.

I stand by my view that you aer seeking deflection of the debate by raising another point.

I haven't sought to deflect anything. Protests were mentioned and I said at this point such things are akin to behaving like a stroppy kid, which is something I think applies to a lot of the hysteria of the past few weeks. That's my opinion. This free speech malarkey works both ways.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »
That's because much of what he tried to say was being wilfully misinterpreted by others

It was, which was I was surprised when he carried on in exactly the same way after his brief hiatus.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
Am I in the H&V clique? I've always wanted to be in a gang.
You wouldn't want to be in it, they're very much like Gary's Gang of 70's disco hit 'Keep on Dancing' fame.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
They won't let me join.

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
They won't let me join.
I think it's because they don't want to all die in some bizarre asteroid incident.

Offline Bald Eagle

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
They won't let me join.
If you had been DBTW in Sheffield the Police would have arrested you when returning the stolen goods to the victim. I am afraid that is the way your cookie crumbles.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »

Dave knows very little about the PMK1981 when he chooses to call him a stroppy toddler and his insult could well stifle this guy's contribution in the future - i.e. ending his legitimate right to free speech on this forum.

Fucking good! The blokes a complete arse.

« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »

Fucking good! The blokes a complete arse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47909000/jpg/_47909645_-25.jpg

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal