collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Post-Match Thread  (Read 48065 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Post-Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2010, 03:56:07 PM »
The really worrying thing was that was Warnock's best game for a while - and he still made one or two absolutely terrible errors, mainly positional. Lichaj showed how a proper defensive full-back positions himself in relation to an out-and-out winger, whereas Warnock, rather like a batsman who doesn't know where his off-stump is, doesn't seem to know how close to be to the touchline in any given situation. At his age, that's tragically not good enough.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »
Did anyone notice the little wink exchange between Stan and Arry just as Stan was about to come on

WTF ?!

Offline villa1

« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »
The really worrying thing was that was Warnock's best game for a while - and he still made one or two absolutely terrible errors, mainly positional. Lichaj showed how a proper defensive full-back positions himself in relation to an out-and-out winger, whereas Warnock, rather like a batsman who doesn't know where his off-stump is, doesn't seem to know how close to be to the touchline in any given situation. At his age, that's tragically not good enough.

True to some extent. The other problem Warnock has is that a lot of people who criticise him obviously don't understand the full back position. I refer back to the chap who sits byme. When the ball is coming down our right hand side, and their left winger is hugging the touchline, he wants Warnock right out there with him.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2010, 08:12:52 PM »
late post about the game... but i'm just getting annoyed losing games from poor defensive errors when the opposition haven't played better than us. We should of got a result yesterday of somesort, apart from their 2 goals they did zilch going foward and was actually surprised how well our defence was containing their attack. Once again it was another cock-up by Collins for the first goal... just sell him, he's crap.

Lichaj (sp?) played really well against the ''world class'' Bale lmao. Bale = overhyped
Albrighton did well... would of liked to see him run more at their shaky defence
Gabby tried hard, just wasn't getting any support
Delph very good and wasn't afraid to put a tackle in despite it being his first game back from injury. Was impressed.
Pires should slapped that odious, horrible candleface criminal.

Spurs didn't play very well... title contenders my arse. They won't finish 4th and they'll get embarrassed by Milan. Horrible club, horrible fans, overhyped players and a revolting manager.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
Funny how we see things differently. I though Albrighton had his poorest match for us

Yeah I thought that too, his crossing was mainly off apart from obviously the goal.

Downing to me was our best player yet again, thought he got a lot of decent ball into the box that none of our forwards anticipated.

The selection was very naive, Spurs are one of the worst teams to play 4-4-2 against as their midfield 5 is superb imo and has a bit of everything imo, Lennon and Bale with raw pace, Modric with great guile and ability and obviously VDV.

It was too much for Hogg, NRC should've been in there to help out.

I seem to be in the minority but I thought we offered more in the first half, Albrighton could've easily scored in the first minute and poor finish from Gabby just before the first goal. Also think we had a decent penality shout when Gomes clattered Heskey.

Second half attacking wise I thought we were abysmal. Countless times there were no urgency in our attacks so by the time we got the ball to the penalty area Spurs had everyone back.

I've written the next two away games off, the Sunderland game is massive, must win.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »
Redknapp won the tactical battle. He kept Lennon and Bale pushed on to keep our FB's back and stopped us using the man advantage on the overlap. We just didn't have the guile to create anything through the middle and when we did get crosses in the Spurs CBs were excellent.

When the game need to be taken by the scruff of the neck we had no-one to do it, we badly missed Ashley Young.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal