collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:27:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Post-Match Thread  (Read 48063 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Post-Match Thread
« on: December 25, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »
Available Sunday night.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Post-Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »
Sadly predictable. Only bright spots were I thought Delph did well considering how long he's been out. Also Pires actually did well in his cameo, shame he didn't smack Redknapp. Albrighton as well showed quality. But this simply isn't good enough.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
I thougt Eric was ok too, the rest useless to be honest

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »
Chasing the game with Collins as a target man. Not ideal

Offline TonyD

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
Under MON we hoofed it up the pitch before awful crossing. 
Now we pass it nicely up the pitch before awful crossing.
But we are totally toothless in the box. This doesnt bode well.  The body language from GH at 0.2  is very concerning.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »
It's no use playing well for the last 20 mins. We are in a scrap now like it or not.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
Houllier is a clown and at fault today I'm afraid.  Giving them a goal head start with that team line up was always going to be suicidal.  Hogg and Delph????  I hope he goes.  But he won't.  Man City and Chelsea next. 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »
I thought Lichaj, Delph and Albrighton did very well for us. As did Pires when he came on.

We didn't offer anything like enough against a team playing with ten men for an hour of the game, we are pitifully short of quality in the final third, and very fragile at the back.

We need to stick with Houllier, but there's no doubting recent results aren't anything like good enough, and he needs to get a run together, very quickly.

Offline supertom

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »
So poor. If not for the young players, we'd be beyond hopeless. I think we're seeing the marked difference O Neill made. He got a lot out of some very limited players. Seems to me that Houllier isn't particular well regarded in the dressing room by certain sections.

The kids will always give it their all and relish game time, but some of the players, like Warnock and Collins look well off their best. Gabby looks a shadow of last season. In fact I'd go as far as to say that O Neill got the very best, and then some, out of a pretty limited player.

The squad aint right, the manager aint right. We need a change.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 07:32:41 PM »
So poor. If not for the young players, we'd be beyond hopeless. I think we're seeing the marked difference O Neill made. He got a lot out of some very limited players.

He also spent a significant amount of money buying those limited players in the first place, mind.

We're desperate for something up front, whcih we were last season and the season before, too, lest we forget.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »
I think there's too much emotion now but with Lihij albrighton Hogg Delph Delfouneso Clark and Bannan we have a bright future.

Thats 7 players if 4 come good were in a good position.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
Outplayed by ten men at Villa Park. We have a fight on our hands to stay up. Look at out next few games.

I bet Spurs were licking their lips when they saw our midfield lineup of Downing, Hogg, Delph and Albrighton.

We need to start playing with more protection for our back four. Need to focus on being harder to beat because at the minute we are easy pickings for most teams.

A dreadful dreadful season so far. It's great to blood young players but we need points so badly right now that we need to focus on the reality of the fight we're up against.

As fans we need stop looking for excuses (media, MON, injuries etc) and start gearing up for a season when the team need us to help them battle for every point.

Offline eastie

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
Very poor - outclassed by 10 men and we lacked any class up front, fonz impressed when he came on but gabby really needs to buck up his ideas, for all his critics robbie keane would walk into our team and provide some much needed class up front- I'd like to see 2 strikers a midfielder and keeper arrive in January.

The transfer window is huge and this squad needs additions and fast - houllier today looked a bit tired and maybe the stress is getting to him- I think he can take us forward but maybe as a director of football with jol as coach, if the stress is affecting houllier.

A huge month lies ahead of our club and the decisions made will have a big effect on our future years!

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 07:33:58 PM »
Funny how we see things differently. I though Albrighton had his poorest match for us

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 07:35:12 PM »
Really disappointing performance in many ways. Not much to praise in my view - I suppose Lichaj did quite well, and Albrighton was decent enough.

Otherwise, a very poor show from Villa and enough to suggest, pretty strongly, that we might be in trouble. We simply don't look potent up front, and we're not too clever at the back. Midfield is hardly inspiring either.

I think (hope?) that two or three key signings will see us right; a striker, a centre-midfielder and a centre-back of the right quality will reinforce the spine of our team. I don't know who they should be, but let's hope M. Houllier has an idea!

So, very poor and with some worrying signs for the rest of the season. Should be fun.....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal