collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa one of the topics on talksport now.  (Read 25362 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Villa one of the topics on talksport now.
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 11:43:46 PM »
i dont doubt that there is some shit flying about, ageing players not performing on long term contracts, younger players coming in hungry to wear the shirt, a new managerment team imposing thier way on the way that the team plays and the squad behaves.
If the media want to pain this as a  crisis so be it. We are going through a transition, see how the players celebrated the goals against Albion that tells me more about the true spirit of the players that will be here for the long haul than some wankers in the media trying to justify thier wages.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 12:03:05 AM »
It is fairly obvious...

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2010, 08:56:56 AM »
I didnt hear it but tell them to stick to talking about Spurs like they usually do.

How would this apology for a radio station know the first thing about anything that goes on at Villa ?

You have that overweight red faced helium headed scotsman, in his playing days the only thing that could be associated with quality football on his part was his surname which was the name of a county that could play football.
Then you have an ex yorkshire cricket player who is employed to give us his expert analysis on Manchester United and Barnsley football clubs.
Another ex cricketer telling us about all things football with his irriating mancunian accent.
Some lunatic semi scouser evertonian who frankly I have no idea what he is talking about.
In the afternoon, Pinky and Perky, two cockney sounding spurs fans  who attempt to tell humorous stories but fail while talking about Spurs, Spurs, Spurs and Spurs.
And what do they all do 90% of the time ? Talk on the phone to Spurs fans about Spurs, bloody Spurs fans going on about Harry, Harry this Harry that, hurry up Harry come on, oh yes they are all on first name terms with Harry arent they, like they bloody know Harry personally, probably know him so well they will be going round Harrys house on xmas morning and having a glass of sherry (just dont tell the aformentioned helium headed scotsman theres sherry about, or he will turn up too and they can all get pissed on Xmas sherry and talk more about Spurs Spurs and bloody Spurs) . 

Yes Talkspurs, a radio station run by Spurs fans for Spurs fans talking most of the time about Spurs.

Im off to listen to some nice calm classical music on radio 3 now.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2010, 09:07:52 AM »
Ha Ha Ha  top quality rant Andy.  It reminded me a bit of David Mitchell and his Football rant.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »
If we are in any sort of crisis it's because of two things:

1/ O'Neill quitting days before the season started having not bought a single player all summer, and
2/ The huge injury list we've subsequently endured. Cast your mind back to the summer and never in your wildest imagination would you have expected to see a pretty regular Villa midfield of Hogg, Bannan and Clark!

Despite having had to throw in loads of kids simultaneously, I've seen signs that we'll be a far better team under Houllier, longer term. He's shown he's not a manager who will have his favourites and play them regardless of performance, unlike O'Neill.

We'll prove those Talk Shite tossers wrong..

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2010, 11:51:19 AM »
Well that was a few pages of ranting.

I think people outside of Villa might think we are in crisis, but us Villains k ow what's really going on.

And on Talksport, as annoying as some of the presenters are, I think it is by far the best sport radio station around.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
I didnt hear it but tell them to stick to talking about Spurs like they usually do.

How would this apology for a radio station know the first thing about anything that goes on at Villa ?

You have that overweight red faced helium headed scotsman, in his playing days the only thing that could be associated with quality football on his part was his surname which was the name of a county that could play football.
Then you have an ex yorkshire cricket player who is employed to give us his expert analysis on Manchester United and Barnsley football clubs.
Another ex cricketer telling us about all things football with his irriating mancunian accent.
Some lunatic semi scouser evertonian who frankly I have no idea what he is talking about.
In the afternoon, Pinky and Perky, two cockney sounding spurs fans  who attempt to tell humorous stories but fail while talking about Spurs, Spurs, Spurs and Spurs.
And what do they all do 90% of the time ? Talk on the phone to Spurs fans about Spurs, bloody Spurs fans going on about Harry, Harry this Harry that, hurry up Harry come on, oh yes they are all on first name terms with Harry arent they, like they bloody know Harry personally, probably know him so well they will be going round Harrys house on xmas morning and having a glass of sherry (just dont tell the aformentioned helium headed scotsman theres sherry about, or he will turn up too and they can all get pissed on Xmas sherry and talk more about Spurs Spurs and bloody Spurs) . 

Yes Talkspurs, a radio station run by Spurs fans for Spurs fans talking most of the time about Spurs.

Im off to listen to some nice calm classical music on radio 3 now.

Don't let TS get to you like this!! It use to wind me up but i ration myself to a couple of hours a day. I think youre being harsh on H and J,especially Paul Hawksbee,as I think he stops my theory that all Spurs fans are cnuts. Parry is a court jester charachter,but I agree with you about ex cricketers talking rubbish about things they dont know about,they might as well have me on there talking about the ashes.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2010, 03:22:42 PM »
Well that was a few pages of ranting.

I think people outside of Villa might think we are in crisis, but us Villains k ow what's really going on.

And on Talksport, as annoying as some of the presenters are, I think it is by far the best sport radio station around.
I assume you'reemploying a bit of irony here - I just can't work out which part of the above is supposed to be! Can you give us a clue, please?!

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
Why is it ironic?
We look like a club in shambles! But we know we are not.

I listen to talksport all the time, if you don't like it then great, but stop telling me.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
Why is it ironic?
We look like a club in shambles! But we know we are not.

I listen to talksport all the time, if you don't like it then great, but stop telling me.
Couldn't work out whether "but us Villains k ow what's really going on" was ironic ...
 ... or whether "I think it is by far the best sport radio station around" was sarcasm.
Each to their own.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2010, 04:12:32 PM »

Is this the doughnut that once said something along the lines of  "Everyone knows Spurs are my fourth club," or something equally as inane.

I've heard of fans of small or lower division clubs supporting/looking out for one of the big boys or vice versa. Which explains why a few B-lose fans I know also have a soft spot for the likes of Everton and Chelsea. True story. 

Well I guess if your lot are fighting it out with the might of Carlisle and Brentford for Leyland Daf honours you'd need a bit of escapism.

It's not a notion I've ever entertained, my generosity of spirit only extends to having a few clubs that I dislike slightly less than others.

But anyone claiming to support four clubs (from the same country -might be a bit different if you're a jet setting type and have more than one city you feel at home in) is clearly some kind of moron.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:17:29 PM by KevinGage »

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »

That's a bit like saying Norwich City are comfortably the best team in Norfolk.

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »
This idea must be catching. I picked up this article in the Irish Press today. It basically says we are going nowhere.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/aston-villa-a-club-on-the-road-to-nowhere-2471614.html

How on earth did that diatribe make it into a national newspaper? It's not even an article, it's just someone slagging off our club and suggesting that somehow the club has let down those glorious Irish talents of O'Neill, Dunne and Ireland. I thought it was possiblly the otherway round recently. Is Danniel McDonnell the pen name of Martin O'Neill by chance?

Offline Mister E

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
This idea must be catching. I picked up this article in the Irish Press today. It basically says we are going nowhere.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/aston-villa-a-club-on-the-road-to-nowhere-2471614.html

How on earth did that diatribe make it into a national newspaper? It's not even an article, it's just someone slagging off our club and suggesting that somehow the club has let down those glorious Irish talents of O'Neill, Dunne and Ireland. I thought it was possiblly the otherway round recently. Is Danniel McDonnell the pen name of Martin O'Neill by chance?
I'll admit: I've only just read it. A pointless waste of time.
Pointless, put together by a pointless individual.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »
I get it everyday with the MON arse lickings from Leicester.  These people havent got a clue...... 

In one breath they said Curtis Davis is never worth 4 million where I conclude who was the twat that paid £10 million paid for him then....

Every Leicester fan (in Hinckley) I know holds him as their "god" and it's the club that got it wrong, they also say Curtis Davis is not worth the money. Worse still the Coventry fans joining in. Juan Pablo is your place on Rugby Rd?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal