collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa one of the topics on talksport now.  (Read 25284 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Villa one of the topics on talksport now.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »

One look at the league table suggests that they may not be too far wrong.  OK we have to give it a bit more time but surely a club who are in the bottom 6 at Christmas that finished in top 6 the 3 previous seasons are a club in some sort of trouble.  There are lots of reports of rifts between the manager and the playing staff, our best player wants to leave (again) we have been knocked out of the cup by our local rivals and we have amassed just 20 points from a possible 51.  I know they over do it in the media but it's not hard to see why they are talking this way about us.

Either that or Everton every season!
One look at the league table suggests that they may not be too far wrong.  OK we have to give it a bit more time but surely a club who are in the bottom 6 at Christmas that finished in top 6 the 3 previous seasons are a club in some sort of trouble.  There are lots of reports of rifts between the manager and the playing staff, our best player wants to leave (again) we have been knocked out of the cup by our local rivals and we have amassed just 20 points from a possible 51.  I know they over do it in the media but it's not hard to see why they are talking this way about us.

True, but I'd bet anyone that they will finish above us this season.
[/quote]

That'll make a nice change for them.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
I get it everyday with the MON arse lickings from Leicester.  These people havent got a clue...... 

In one breath they said Curtis Davis is never worth 4 million where I conclude who was the twat that paid £10 million paid for him then....

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
This idea must be catching. I picked up this article in the Irish Press today. It basically says we are going nowhere.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/aston-villa-a-club-on-the-road-to-nowhere-2471614.html

An Irish newspaper saying we were great when we had a load of Irish internationals and we aren't since an Irish manager ran away. No bias there, obviously.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »
"no smoke without fire"........

All those saying this, tell me where they drink and I'll start a few rumours about there woman/man/goat and we'll see how long this bollocks phrase means something.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »
No one should take TS seriously,they'll say Black is Blue just to get people to call in. The only time i listen to it is when H and J is on and Danny Kelly. Its Tabloid radio at its worse.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 08:52:43 PM »

True, but I'd bet anyone that they will finish above us this season.

That'll make a nice change for them.
[/quote]

Didn't they pip us to fifth the season before last?  And they finished fourth a few years ago.  Anyway this is about Villa and it's no surprise the vultures in the media are circling, we are in a bit of a mess to say the least.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
I never cease to be amazed at how many people believe there is much truth in (a) what's written in the tabloid press and (b) what's discussed on TalkSport.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 09:07:28 PM »
Who cares what Micky Quinn thinks, the fat, sky blue, horse-abusing prick.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »
I never cease to be amazed at how many people believe there is much truth in (a) what's written in the tabloid press and (b) what's discussed on TalkSport.

I used to be like that, but not any more. Haven't had time to read any newspapers online or catch up with much television or radio today, the snippets I did hear were implying there's a major crisis at Liverpool.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »
Didn't they pip us to fifth the season before last?  And they finished fourth a few years ago.  Anyway this is about Villa and it's no surprise the vultures in the media are circling, we are in a bit of a mess to say the least.

That'll make twice in seven seasons by my reckoning and no wonder the 'vultures in the media' are circling when our own supporters are doing their best to help them.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »
This idea must be catching. I picked up this article in the Irish Press today. It basically says we are going nowhere.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/aston-villa-a-club-on-the-road-to-nowhere-2471614.html

An Irish newspaper saying we were great when we had a load of Irish internationals and we aren't since an Irish manager ran away. No bias there, obviously.
Well that was a fairly pointless article.
They forgot to mention Farrelly and Kinsella.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 09:27:39 PM »
Quick detour down Memory Lane:

Farrelly could have been a great player if he hadn't thought he was a star before he was a first teame regular.

Back on course now.

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

That'll make twice in seven seasons by my reckoning and no wonder the 'vultures in the media' are circling when our own supporters are doing their best to help them.

What by stating the obvious?  We could all just have a lovely chat about how wonderful a club we are and then everything will be alright......

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 10:40:35 PM »

What by stating the obvious?  We could all just have a lovely chat about how wonderful a club we are and then everything will be alright......

Thank you for proving my point without me having to.

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 11:36:38 PM »

Thank you for proving my point without me having to.

No probs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal