collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ireland threatens villa sit -in?  (Read 22249 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: ireland threatens villa sit -in?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 11:26:05 AM »
cant do that nastylee , we would just be wasting millions and he wuld be laughing his bollocks off- we have to cut our losses and get rid , hiuge error to buy him and pay him those wages when managerless - this one cannot be blamed on mon!

I think I'd put more of the blame at Houllier's door to be honest.  Houllier's been just a big a disappointment as Ireland, and his man management skills and charisma make O'Neill look like JFK.

Because the players you would expect to make trouble (Ireland, Carew etc.) have kicked up a fuss, whereas others (Heskey, Downing) are in the best form of their Villa careers he's a bad man manager?

Those two players have done well, granted.  Unfortunately, if you want to play that game, I'd counter your point with the complete loss of form of Luke Young, Richard Dunne, James Collins, Stephen Warnock (ie our entire defence) and Agbonlahor.  He also kept the underperforming and unfit Dunne in the team at the expense of Cuellar.  He's far too happy to shout his mouth off in the press for my liking, and is a PR disaster area.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »
Let him run his contract down and sod the money. Don't allow him to play for the reserves or anybody else. When his contract has run out nobody will employ him again having not touched a football for 2 years + and he will be a rich pariah. Expensive lesson, yes.

This is why I used to be sacked all the time in Champ manager! I wish there was an option in the game to make players who concede penalties etc. do a cross-country run at 7am next morining.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »
cant do that nastylee , we would just be wasting millions and he wuld be laughing his bollocks off- we have to cut our losses and get rid , hiuge error to buy him and pay him those wages when managerless - this one cannot be blamed on mon!

I think I'd put more of the blame at Houllier's door to be honest.  Houllier's been just a big a disappointment as Ireland, and his man management skills and charisma make O'Neill look like JFK.

I'm STUNNED at that comment, STUNNED !

Are YOU?

Did you see GH's interview post Liverpool lovefest ?

He said he was 'stunned' by the fans' reaction.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
More crap from The Mirror. You should know better by now East.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010, 11:53:30 AM »

Because the players you would expect to make trouble (Ireland, Carew etc.) have kicked up a fuss, whereas others (Heskey, Downing) are in the best form of their Villa careers he's a bad man manager?

Those two players have done well, granted.  Unfortunately, if you want to play that game, I'd counter your point with the complete loss of form of Luke Young, Richard Dunne, James Collins, Stephen Warnock (ie our entire defence) and Agbonlahor.  He also kept the underperforming and unfit Dunne in the team at the expense of Cuellar.  He's far too happy to shout his mouth off in the press for my liking, and is a PR disaster area.

I'd argue Luke Young hasn't done too badly apart from the first goal against Arsenal and that Agbonlahor has been injured most of the time which I can't blame Houllier for, and Collins' dip in form is more down to having Dunne next to him as he played much better once Cuellar came in.

And we've still had Albrighton, Bannan, Hogg, Clark and Lichaj all come in and do well

Offline eastie

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »
I think one of the main reasons for some players not at their best is that we are now trying to play much more of a passing game- some of mons players were functional in his system but are not good enough in possession to play a pass and move style of football and therefore we are looking at several changes throughout the team.

There were a lot of players on easy street under o neill who were virtually undroppable- now we have a new manager with fresh ideas and I look forward to him rebuilding the squad and improving us , but it will be another year or so before we see the real benefits, o neill finished 11th in his 1st season and I expect similar this year.

Clampy I don't write the headlines , this is a discussion forum and the report is being discussed in this thread- that's what makes this the best forum in my view.I agree the mirror report a lot of trash but not all trash.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »

Clampy I don't write the headlines , this is a discussion forum and the report is being discussed in this thread- that's what makes this the best forum in my view.I agree the mirror report a lot of trash but not all trash.

I appreciate that East but it's most likely crap, written by the same newspaper, by the same journalist who makes his living making up crap about us and people like you are paying his wages and falling for it. Tomorrow it'll be another negative Villa story.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »
Oh the irony!

How many on this board thought his actions when demanding a pay off from Man City were perfectly legitimate?

Be carefull what you wish on your enemies........

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
Unfortunately, if you want to play that game, I'd counter your point with the complete loss of form of Luke Young, Richard Dunne, James Collins, Stephen Warnock (ie our entire defence) and Agbonlahor.

Considering Agbonlahor has hardly figured due to injury it's a bit harsh to say he's lost form let alone who's fault it is.

Offline eastie

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »
hey clampy, please give me some credit , i do not pay for the mirror -i browse sports headlines online for free , no way would i buy the mirror , im a sun man and have been for 35 yrs since as a 10 yr old i read my grandads paper and saw page 3!

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »

Agbonlahor hasn't been fully fit all season. But the defense I'd agree with.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
Oh the irony!

How many on this board thought his actions when demanding a pay off from Man City were perfectly legitimate?

Be carefull what you wish on your enemies........

The difference being he clearly didn't want to leave Man City whereas if the reports are to be believed he can't wait to get out of here. In that case why should we pay him off?

His agent feeding insider quotes to the press spouting how desperate he Ireland is to leave instead of getting his ''client'' to hand-in an official transfer request, thereby not missing out on a loyalty fee, is the thing that stinks most from this.

Offline jembob

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »
I'm sure we could sack him if he did some sort of sit-in or refuse to play?

I think we could and as we would still hold his player registration could stop him signing for another club too.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »
The difference being he clearly didn't want to leave Man City whereas if the reports are to be believed he can't wait to get out of here. In that case why should we pay him off?

Perfectly correct.  If this is the reason for his threatened "sit in" my advice would be give him some sandwiches and leave him to it.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »
hey clampy, please give me some credit , i do not pay for the mirror -i browse sports headlines online for free , no way would i buy the mirror , im a sun man and have been for 35 yrs since as a 10 yr old i read my grandads paper and saw page 3!

I would'nt even browse The Mirror for free, it's an atrocious paper. The Sun's a slightly better paper Sports wise. This James Nursey in The Mirror seems to have one job and that's to write negative stories about us. I see he's also written a piece about us selling Ashley Young in Jan. I'd suggest next time he writes something about us, ignore it, it's bound to be cobblers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal