collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Contracts and Wages  (Read 12520 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Contracts and Wages
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »
Pires was an awful signing, it makes you nervous as to what Houllier will do in Jan

What did you think of Sutton and Agathe? Awful and past it, or the best we could do outside the transfer window?
I thought most of us on here thought it wasn't too bad considering the timing of it.

My point entirely. He was the best we could get at the time, a body when one was desperately needed and who knows, he might end up as a more-than-useful coach.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
Pires was an awful signing, it makes you nervous as to what Houllier will do in Jan

What did you think of Sutton and Agathe? Awful and past it, or the best we could do outside the transfer window?

Sutton did a job for us and was mobile, physical and had some good games. We wont get any of that out of Pires.
As for the kids gleaming stuff of him, they'd be better off watching Video footage of Pires from about a decade ago.
Agathe agree - rubbish

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 04:41:03 PM »

Sutton did a job for us and was mobile, physical and had some good games. We wont get any of that out of Pires.
As for the kids gleaming stuff of him, they'd be better off watching Video footage of Pires from about a decade ago.
Agathe agree - rubbish

They were both the best we could get at the time. As is Pires.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 06:52:01 PM »

Let's not bother with coaches then, if all the players have to do is watch old footage of Pele and Cruyff we'll save a fortune.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »
We seem to be paying the type of wages expected if we were in the CL.

I think in order to do that we need to compare ourselves to the regular CL clubs, which are Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal.  I'd imagine we're below the first three and maybe above Arsenal, but then the way Wenger runs their transfer policy that should be accepted and understood.

We are not a regular CL club so we can't compare too them.

We are/were a club trying to get there. I said we should look at how spurs did it, they bought young hungry players on a reasonable wage structure. Now they have made CL they have give new contracts to their top players. But we are already paying those wages without the CL money.

Ow and this notion that Arsenel have a low wage structure is a myth.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/20/arsene-wenger-arsenal-chelsea-wages?cat=football&type=article
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:21:48 PM by Shrek »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal