collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Beckham on loan - should we?  (Read 20516 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Beckham on loan - should we?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »
No No No not unless we want to turn our great club into a  f in pantomime act with  "guest" stars like Pires and Beckham appearing now and than.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »
There's as much chance of us getting Ronaldo.  We are way to unattractive a club for brand Beckham.  Sad but true. Can you imagine Posh shopping in the Bullring?  Thought not.

May be not but Posh is already associated with  a great midlands brand Landrover and getting a fair wedge of money to boot!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 11:07:37 PM »
People saying no need their heads read. The money, the publicity are great, the wow factor that it would give us great, but he is still better than all our midfield at 35.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 11:10:59 PM »
Why not.  Marc Albrighton could teach him to cross and we'd have a proper player on our hands.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »
yeah brand beckham comes to help our itzy bitzy club. Sounds like all those other failed old ex-big players arriving at struggling clubs

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
Not a good time to be associated with a circus act.

This is the answer to the question. Well said adrenachrome.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 12:10:15 AM »
Gotta be better than Stuart Baggs "the brand" .........

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 12:13:47 AM »
People saying no need their heads read. The money, the publicity are great, the wow factor that it would give us great, but he is still better than all our midfield at 35.

Sorry ozzjim but no. No thanks.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
Nico, If you read his last statement, he's ruled out any chance of Utd wanting him back.

"I've always wanted to play in the Premier League again and have always said it would be for Utd only, but i'm not holding my breath on that one, so we'll have to wait and see."

I think he'd come and he'd offer us a hell of a lot more than Pires. He can run, for a start.
Pires hadn't been playing before moving to us. Beckham was at AC Milan up to last season, and has just finished a season in The States. Yes, I'd get him in. I don't think he'd turn us down now either as his options would be getting more limited now.

There's as much chance of us getting Ronaldo.  We are way to unattractive a club for brand Beckham.  Sad but true.  Can you imagine Posh shopping in the Bullring?  Thought not.

What nonsense. Why do they have to live in Birmingham? And how much better do you think the Trafford Centre would have been for her when they were playing up there?

They live in Hertfordshire, which is hardly a terrible distance from Bodymoor Heath.

I don't think he'd come because of the "not Man United" thing, but it pisses me off when we use this Brummie inferiority complex nonsense to create other excuses.

It's not an "inferiority complex" its a fact. Villa could not and have never attracted the top, top stars to Brum and are absolutely not going to be able to attract the most famous football on the planet to B6.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 01:14:04 AM »
The reasons we're giving for wanting Beckham seem awfully similiar to the reasons for wanting Pires, which in my opinion hasn't worked out for the better as of yet.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 01:20:42 AM »
i can't see it happening but it would certainly increase our global exposure... I don't think it would improve us on football front. On a related note, I bought him to the Villa on Football Manager for his twilight years, I thought it would bring in some shirt sales but he didn't even bring in much so he went on a free transfer.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 01:51:06 AM »
he would never get in the team with sidwell,osbourne and salifou always in front of him...

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 02:03:30 AM »
No, no, no and no again! offers nothing we can't get elsewhere, no pace, can't tackle, can't go past a player and can't head a ball, plays an occasional long ball or puts in an occasional cross and for that we'd have to put up with the Beckham bloody circus and the performing Victoria. Has to be one of the most over rated players of modern times!

Spot on

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »
Landon Donovan yes, Beckham no.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 08:36:43 AM »

If you want to see a pantomime why not just go to the theatre like everyone else?
Beckham, in my view has never been a great player. At Man U they got rid of him as the circus surrounding him became too much and they had 3 players better than him in midfield. You can't seriously think he was ever better than Scholes, Giggs Keane? At Real in 4 years he won nothing (well la liga in his last year after he'd been subbed in the last game).
The question you need to ask if how much wedge? If free then fine he'll sell some shirts but personally I'd rather see money spent on a young hungry long term solution.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal