collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Beckham on loan - should we?  (Read 20574 times)

Offline villa1

Beckham on loan - should we?
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
He wants a loan move till March. Personally i'd have him here. His influence in the dressing room, increased attendances, and of course he could still offer us something on the pitch I feel.

Offline nico2708

Re: Beckham on loan - should we?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
Beckham has ruled out playing for any Premier League clubs apart from Manchester United.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:40:15 PM »
Haha.  You are not serious are you?  Never in a million years would David Beckham even consider a move to Villa.  I can't believe you would even debate whether he'd be good enough as the answer to that is obvious when you have got Hogg and Sidwell as alternatives.  He would walk into the Villa side but would never, ever consider us. 

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
He'd fill the ground with tourists, but would offer nothing on the pitch.

See Robert Pires for details.

Offline peter w

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 09:45:34 PM »
Pires hadn't been playing before moving to us. Beckham was at AC Milan up to last season, and has just finished a season in The States. Yes, I'd get him in. I don't think he'd turn us down now either as his options would be getting more limited now.

Offline villa1

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
Nico, If you read his last statement, he's ruled out any chance of Utd wanting him back.

"I've always wanted to play in the Premier League again and have always said it would be for Utd only, but i'm not holding my breath on that one, so we'll have to wait and see."

I think he'd come and he'd offer us a hell of a lot more than Pires. He can run, for a start.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
Nico, If you read his last statement, he's ruled out any chance of Utd wanting him back.

"I've always wanted to play in the Premier League again and have always said it would be for Utd only, but i'm not holding my breath on that one, so we'll have to wait and see."

I think he'd come and he'd offer us a hell of a lot more than Pires. He can run, for a start.
Pires hadn't been playing before moving to us. Beckham was at AC Milan up to last season, and has just finished a season in The States. Yes, I'd get him in. I don't think he'd turn us down now either as his options would be getting more limited now.

There's as much chance of us getting Ronaldo.  We are way to unattractive a club for brand Beckham.  Sad but true.  Can you imagine Posh shopping in the Bullring?  Thought not.

Offline villa1

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 09:56:23 PM »
They can base themselves elsewhere, like few of our players do.

Can see what you're saying about brand Beckham though.

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »
No, no, no and no again! offers nothing we can't get elsewhere, no pace, can't tackle, can't go past a player and can't head a ball, plays an occasional long ball or puts in an occasional cross and for that we'd have to put up with the Beckham bloody circus and the performing Victoria. Has to be one of the most over rated players of modern times!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »

There's as much chance of us getting Ronaldo.  We are way to unattractive a club for brand Beckham.  Sad but true.  Can you imagine Posh shopping in the Bullring?  Thought not.

What nonsense. Why do they have to live in Birmingham? And how much better do you think the Trafford Centre would have been for her when they were playing up there?

They live in Hertfordshire, which is hardly a terrible distance from Bodymoor Heath.

I don't think he'd come because of the "not Man United" thing, but it pisses me off when we use this Brummie inferiority complex nonsense to create other excuses.

Offline peter w

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »
I can't see what's wrong wih the Brand Beckham thing either. The kind of publicity, and generated revenue, is exactly what we need right now. Problem being is the size of his wage.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »
He wants a loan move till March. Personally i'd have him here. His influence in the dressing room, increased attendances, and of course he could still offer us something on the pitch I feel.

That's just what I need for the second half of this season, being inundated with c*&^s who've come along to see Becks™

Offline villa1

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »
Ah yes, his wage. Something I hadn't really considered. I'd like to think he'd be willing to take a pay cut, but can't see that happening.

The increased revenue and publicity would definitely help though.

Offline villa1

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »

That's just what I need for the second half of this season, being inundated with c*&^s who've come along to see Becks™

The increased attendances and revenue wouldn't help us in the long run then?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 10:08:34 PM »
Not a good time to be associated with a circus act.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal