collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Richard E
[Today at 10:08:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:08:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rougegorge
[Today at 10:08:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 10:05:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:04:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV82EC
[Today at 10:04:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:03:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 10:01:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier confirms Ireland wants to leave!  (Read 92133 times)

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Houllier confirms Ireland wants to leave!
« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »
Maybe, but that's not an excuse to swan around the pitch like the kid at school who was always last pick.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Ireland
« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2010, 03:26:33 PM »
Bearing in mind players like Vassell and Watson get booed by certain sections of our support despite always giving their best for the club, I expect Ireland would get slaughtered by the fans on any potential return. And he would deserve it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #377 on: December 21, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
I have a little problem with Houllier here seeing as Young hasn't been very good in the free role himself this season.

I completely disagree.

He has played pretty well there but like the rest of the team he's suffered from all the enforced changes. All of our best performances have been when he's played that role.

He does far more in 5 minutes than that skiver Ireland does in 5 games.

Well from the games I've seen live I've been really disappointed with what Young has offered there bar second half of the Manure and Baggies games. Dosen't score or create enough in that position, I prefer him back out wide where he does do those things regularly.

I did miss the West Ham and Everton games though.

Albrighton and Downing can do the wide job, nobody else can play the free role. Ireland isn't worth considering, he clearly hasn't got the heart for the battle.

It's interesting that you pick the Manu and Albion games as in between those two we weren't able to pick the three players I mentioned together and when we have them available we are just so much better balanced.

In the short term, I would revert back to Young left, Marc right and Downing just off the striker as he likes to come inside from the wing anyway and he has a decent shot on him. He's played centrally for Boro and we would have two holding midfielders behind him to do the tackling for him.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2010, 12:18:20 AM »
I have a little problem with Houllier here seeing as Young hasn't been very good in the free role himself this season.

I completely disagree.

He has played pretty well there but like the rest of the team he's suffered from all the enforced changes. All of our best performances have been when he's played that role.

He does far more in 5 minutes than that skiver Ireland does in 5 games.

Well from the games I've seen live I've been really disappointed with what Young has offered there bar second half of the Manure and Baggies games. Dosen't score or create enough in that position, I prefer him back out wide where he does do those things regularly.

I did miss the West Ham and Everton games though.

Albrighton and Downing can do the wide job, nobody else can play the free role. Ireland isn't worth considering, he clearly hasn't got the heart for the battle.

It's interesting that you pick the Manu and Albion games as in between those two we weren't able to pick the three players I mentioned together and when we have them available we are just so much better balanced.

In the short term, I would revert back to Young left, Marc right and Downing just off the striker as he likes to come inside from the wing anyway and he has a decent shot on him. He's played centrally for Boro and we would have two holding midfielders behind him to do the tackling for him.

As much as I agree with Chris, this too isn't a bad shout at all. If things aren't working in the game they could rotate between themselves.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2010, 12:25:48 AM »
Maybe, but that's not an excuse to swan around the pitch like the kid at school who was always last pick.

Some players need to feel wanted.

Some don't give a shit about feeling wanted.

Ireland needs to feel wanted and has never felt wanted at Villa, and now Houllieris  using him to cash in and get a player in who's his signing.

I admit he hasn't exactly set the world alight since joining, but then, so many new recruits have been the same over the years.

Also, take his salary out of the equation, it's irrelevant.

I hope he gets a club that wants him and shines, and that ( as I said before) he doesn't slag Villa off as it's been a 'no win' affair for either party so far.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #380 on: December 22, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »
Ahh, poor little Stevie.

Perhaps if he'd earned just a penny of the disgusting wages he screws out of The Villa, then somebody might want him. A sulking, lazy, good for nothing.

The salary is very relevant if it's a fortune paid to such a undeserving cause. He might find a club that wants him, but it wouldn't be long before they regretted it.   

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2010, 08:05:31 AM »
We can accept Ireland missing sitters

We can accept him being disgruntled at being left out

We can even accept his ridiculous wages.

What we can't accept is seeing somebody refuse to put in the required graft, it's an insult to any supporter who spends their hard earned dosh to follow the club.

The minimum requirement should alway be 100% effort, Harewood was shit but he always gave it his all.

This chrome domed loon is an insult to the club and supporters.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:39:50 AM by 8 Ace Fletcher »

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #382 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
It has the makings of a nightmare scenario. He leaves in a cloud of acrimony, for peanuts, then is brilliant for the rest of his career and scores in front of the Holte as regular as clockwork

Offline villa1

« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »
He can fuck right off as far as i'm concerned. Whenever he's played he's hidden and looked half arsed. He should look to Bannan and Hogg as an example of where a little effort and application gets you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal