collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier confirms Ireland wants to leave!  (Read 91856 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Houllier confirms Ireland wants to leave!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 08:25:48 AM »
Anyone who wants to go should go.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 08:34:57 AM »
He's a great player, he just never wanted to be here which is why I suspected it'd never work, I think he got a bit used to the champagne Charlie lifestyle at City too, I suspect Mark Hughes at Fulham's got his eye on this one.

I'll go back to what I've said 100 times before, and to be fair this is aimed at Sidwell too. We're just not geared towards playing through the middle and that position in our team as such is a thankless task. It's early days under Gerrard and I can see he's trying to get us to keep the ball on the deck but we've still got that over reliance on our wingers. During the MON days it was centre half trap the ball, give it to Petrov, quick pass wide to Young/Milner/Downing, run forward and take it wide, fire in cross for a quickly advancing Gabby or towering Carew. All the while Ireland/NRC/Sidwell would advance all the way from our box to theirs, screaming for a square ball/cut back only to be completely ignored and trundle back to the halfway line completely dejected.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 08:39:32 AM »
Strauss gone, I reckon that is game over.

Wrong thread!

Offline eastie

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »
Agreed rancid, I would prefer one winger and a stronger midfield.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 08:54:45 AM »
Get him out.
Always knew he was a prick.

I agree, there hasn't been a single piece of good news since he became manager.

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 09:01:08 AM »
I don't get that Rancid, Ireland has been shit cos the previous manager played with width, Milner didn't have any problems getting forward through the middle.

You play to your strengths and our best players are our wingers so it makes sense to use them. At the moment there is no-one gambling from midfield to get in the box, whether that's tactical or lack of ability I don't know.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
Stephen, if you miss playing for a club who are hopelessly inferior to their neighbours, you can always fuck off to Small Heath.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 09:02:33 AM »
What I find annoying more than anything is that Ireland hasn't really given it a chance at the club has he? Shite position to be in with 3 managers this season but no that issue is resolved and we're slowly starting to get on track to now through your toys out the pram and ask to leave is bollocks!!

GH needs the January window to grow the squad. It seems to me that MON had is golden boys and now he's gone there is definitely unrest in the camp. These certain players are no longer getting their own way (dunne, carew) and they're getting pissed off. The good thing about that is it's allowing the young blood to really shine through and show up the old guard for the has beens they truly are.

Ireland should surely be patient and see how this plays out. Like you guys I don't want a player here who doesn't want to play for us but this just doesn't make sense. Who's Ireland going to play for now? No manager will want to touch him for the hassle and the wages. Every manager will surely look at him and see that when it gets tough and it's backs to the wall time. When things aren't going the players way ireland isn't someone you actually want in your squad.

Or he could knuckle down, learn under a good manager in GH, play in an exciting young squad and become part of a new era at villa park.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 09:03:21 AM »
A great shame, as he is a good player yet to show what he can actually do.

Online spangley1812

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 09:08:46 AM »
What I find annoying more than anything is that Ireland hasn't really given it a chance at the club has he? Shite position to be in with 3 managers this season but no that issue is resolved and we're slowly starting to get on track to now through your toys out the pram and ask to leave is bollocks!!

GH needs the January window to grow the squad. It seems to me that MON had is golden boys and now he's gone there is definitely unrest in the camp. These certain players are no longer getting their own way (dunne, carew) and they're getting pissed off. The good thing about that is it's allowing the young blood to really shine through and show up the old guard for the has beens they truly are.

Ireland should surely be patient and see how this plays out. Like you guys I don't want a player here who doesn't want to play for us but this just doesn't make sense. Who's Ireland going to play for now? No manager will want to touch him for the hassle and the wages. Every manager will surely look at him and see that when it gets tough and it's backs to the wall time. When things aren't going the players way ireland isn't someone you actually want in your squad.

Or he could knuckle down, learn under a good manager in GH, play in an exciting young squad and become part of a new era at villa park.

Has GH given Ireland a run of 7/8 games no to see what he can do ?? He hasnt. Ireland didnt want to come and GH didnt sign him so it was never gonna work. What I dont get is if you want to sell him why "have a go at him in public" ???   

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »
A waste of rations and an oxygen thief, adapt or die. gazza should take him fishing and have a word.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
I must admit i for one thought he would be a good signing for us just goes to show, you think they are going to be good then they let you down i would cash in on him come january.

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 09:17:30 AM »
Hopefully his old boss mark Hughes will take him but fulham can't pay him what we are - Sunderland were interested too I believe .

Online spangley1812

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 09:19:55 AM »
If he is played in the right position and given a run of games, he will do well but that isnt going to happen @ Villa

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 09:22:55 AM »
I remember seeing him come against villa once and changed the game.  I thought ,I wish we had him, we are missing someone like ireland and would have snapped him up for 8 mill, no problem...   so disappointed he could not get his head down and do the business.... there's too many of these cnuts in modern football...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal