collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2% Villa - Barry & Milner really do earn their money!  (Read 12152 times)

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
Re: 2% Villa - Barry & Milner really do earn their money!
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »
The whole shambles just shows how football is systematically destroying itself. It's littered with big money players under-performing out of position and just maybe wondering why they moved in the first place. Just imagine, you've finally discovered your best position, you're running the show in what everyone admits is 'a big club', you're already earning more in a week than most of us earn in a year, and then the toxic influence of the agent manages to convince you that you should move. The agent manages to squeeze even more from the well before it runs dry (and it surely will) to justify their existence in getting the best deal for their clients, the player moves to one of three or four clubs that can afford to lay out ever more disgusting amounts of money, and the rest of us play in a little league of our own, because all the best players are warming someone else's bench and wondering what to do with all that money. I think I've just talked myself out of next year's season ticket.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:53 PM »
Pair of Twats couldn't careless about them. Left us for money so feckem.
t

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »
It just mirrors the criticism of Ireland, we are no better than Man City supporters at least Milner wanted to go there Ireland on the other hand was given little choice. These players arn't robots he would have been absolutely choked to be kicked out of City and yet even though he is playing with strangers and in a totally different environment he is supposed to show his quality from day one. We were so quick to condemn Downing as the worst MON signing ever but would we sell him now? not on your life. I think you have to give new players a complete pre and full season before you can make an accurate assessment.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 12:21:02 AM »
I would completely agree, apart from the fact that it's clear that unlike Downing last season the effort is not there he clearly can not give a toss

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010, 12:50:45 AM »
Downing looked like he could not give a toss last season, there have been games this season when you could say the same, regarding Ireland, he had the tripple wammy, new to the club, new to the manager and a makeweight in a deal to get Milner to Citeh, Ireland had not played first team football at first through injury and then because he could not get back into the citeh team following regime change. Downing would have considered joining us as a step up, for Ireland it was a step down. Then guess what he dosent perform, gets slagged by the manager and wants out-predictable?

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010, 03:20:06 AM »
I'd be tempted to agree with both Robbo and Hawkeye on this.
He's been bombed out of his club - a club e clearly has a lot of love for. To a large degree this will be humiliating for him, especially as they're flying high(ish) and we're down in the dregs. He's working in a new environment with new people with different standards.

Right, that's that load of shit out of the way!

He's a fucking (so called) professional footballer who gets paid about 4 million quid a year to be:
(a) professional and
(b) a footballer.

Does anyone see any more value than your average pub player who'd do it for next to nowt?
No, me neither.

Look at Vassell he did the same thing but in the opposite direction. Did he mope about like an insolent brat? Did he throw his toys out of the pram and act the ******? Did he fuck! In fact, every time he came up against us, HIS team, he hammered us. Bastard! :)

Sorry, but if Ireland was on minimum wage (or close to it), I'd have some degree of sympathy for him.
But, at 65,000 squid a week, he can cry me a fucking river! Twat!

Offline Simba

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 08:52:03 AM »
Nice to see what they think of James £26m Milner...

link

Blimey - and I thought we could be harsh. Plenty of commentry amongst them about being F---le too.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »
As for Ireland: I bet all of us have had to work for a new boss who didn't really rate us. Two choices: knuckle down and prove them wrong, or bugger off.

Good luck to him if he thinks he can get the same fat contract again.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 09:03:32 AM »
That's where the robot thingy cuts in, no matter how much they earn they are still susceptable to the same feelings as any ordinary mortal is. If you've ever been sacked how did you feel starting a new job, full of confidence were you? became instant friends with the other workers? didn't wish you were back with the company and workmates you spent the last ten years with? confidence has to be built over time as does everything else.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »
It is fecking horrendous. But in my case I had to earn a living, whatever it took. He has the luxury of being able to consider his disappointment and his poor hurt feelings. Bollocks to him.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2010, 12:14:33 AM »
Fair play to them. Man city keep their want away stars and will win things before we do.....

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010, 04:05:18 AM »
Even if Ireland is a write-off I still think we can get a better player or two for the Milner money.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal