collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Rushden and Diamonds goalkeeper Dale Roberts dies  (Read 9315 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: 0% Villa - Rushden and Diamonds goalkeeper Dale Roberts dies
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 08:35:36 PM »
Very sad news, RIP Dale.

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
It is very sad, but the more I think about it the more I think aftab235 has a point. Your fiancee buggers off with another bloke...yes it's shit but it's the sort of shit that happens...I can't believe that was all there was to it to be honest. Maybe he was clinically depressed or something.

My fiancee and mother of my daughter booted me out of our home in order to shack up with some other bloke. I felt shit about it but it was not the end of the world. It was also not remotely amusing to me when he pissed off 18 months later with some other bird he'd been knobbing for the previous 6 months...

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 10:07:34 PM »
So very sad. His family's life will never be the same again. It's also extremely easy to say get over things [I'm as guilty as anyone on that score] but life's not always that simple.

The Terry family aren't responsible for someone else's actions, and it's rare indeed I think of people as cnuts, but can't think of a worse word to describe the Terry family.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »
It is very sad, but the more I think about it the more I think aftab235 has a point. Your fiancee buggers off with another bloke...yes it's shit but it's the sort of shit that happens...I can't believe that was all there was to it to be honest. Maybe he was clinically depressed or something.

My fiancee and mother of my daughter booted me out of our home in order to shack up with some other bloke. I felt shit about it but it was not the end of the world. It was also not remotely amusing to me when he pissed off 18 months later with some other bird he'd been knobbing for the previous 6 months...

I understand whay you're saying, and agree to a degree. Trouble is, most of us are probably thinking logically and not suffered the depths of depression. With the exception of a few posters, most of us will have experienced the loss of close relatives, relationship breakdowns etc. Most of us do get over it, but sadly not everyone does.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 11:13:30 PM »

I understand whay you're saying, and agree to a degree. Trouble is, most of us are probably thinking logically and not suffered the depths of depression. With the exception of a few posters, most of us will have experienced the loss of close relatives, relationship breakdowns etc. Most of us do get over it, but sadly not everyone does.

Depression is usually a state whereby you sink into it over a period of time. A total inability to function after a sudden shock is generally recognised as a nervous breakdown. Getting over either is like trying to conga out of quicksand. I had a breaker after my girlfriend decided to get engaged to some other bloke that she'd been messing about with behind my back and the feeling is indescribable. I would say I'm largely over it but there's still a very obvious part of me that wants her to be unhappy and be made unhappy specifically by him. I imagine if I'd have worked in a male-dominated, testosterone-fuelled environment with an element of media intrusion like Dale Roberts had to it would have pretty much killed me too. They don't put broken heart on a death certificate but I can't think of a better term to describe this. RIP mate.

Offline Simba

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »
Well said 'Curious Orange'.  Particularly the last sentence. A mature appraisal of an illness, almost impossible to escape from.

Depression will kill. It did apparently.

To the Family my heartfelt. The Parents especially. Twenty four. Jesus.

R.I.P.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 12:02:28 AM »

aftab235 does have a perfectly valid point, it is the sort of thing that happens all the time.

But not everyone in that situation has their grief laid across the front page of the News Of The c**ting World just so that they can shoe-horn John Terry and his family's name into another scandal story for a bunch of idiots to laugh at.

I can't imagine a Rushden away game has been much fun for Dale Roberts over the last twelve months - and that's probably not the sort of thing the average person in his situation has to put up with.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal