collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by coreyfeldman
[Today at 10:53:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 10:49:11 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Ads
[Today at 09:59:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Live chat with the General on the official site  (Read 6224 times)

Offline The Left Side

Live chat with the General on the official site
« on: December 14, 2010, 06:07:21 PM »
I can't see this posted on H&V so if it is mods please do your thing!

The General is having a live chat on the OS now until 7pm.

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: Live chat with the General on the official site
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
General Krulak: Toby,

Yes, I will be returning to Villa Talk and to all the other sites I have had the pleasure of posting on....they provide GREAT input to the Club. The timing is still up in the air but I would imagine it will be in a couple of weeks.

He'll be back !!

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:27:24 PM »
That's probably the best format for what he does.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 07:06:09 PM »
Great hour and great to hear the general again!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
I asked about plans for the redevelopment of the North Stand and the return of the big screen.

Offline Legion

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »
Tuesday December 14, 2010
17:56

Dan AVFC:
Hi folks. Dan Harrison here. The General will be with us shortly.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 17:56 Dan AVFC
17:59

General Krulak:
Hello, this is the General. Before we start let me thank the Fans for their loyal support of the Club over the time that Randy has been the owner. He knows I am on this live chat and wanted me to start by expressing his personal appreciation to each of you. We honestly believe we have the most passionate fans in the Premiership and wouldn't want it any other way. I have posted over 4000 times on other sites and have always enjoyed the banter...and the Club has benefited from some very wise comments. You all are special and we thank you for your support and concern for the Club.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 17:59 General Krulak
17:59

[Comment From Toby Toby : ]
Can you ask the general if he has any plans on returning to Villatalk?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 17:59 Toby
18:01

General Krulak:
Toby,

Yes, I will be returning to Villa Talk and to all the other sites I have had the pleasure of posting on....they provide GREAT input to the Club. The timing is still up in the air but I would imagine it will be in a couple of weeks.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:01 General Krulak

Paul AVFC:
Hi Paul Brown here. Please be patient with us. As you can imagine we're getting a flood of questions for The General.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:01 Paul AVFC

[Comment From Jon Jon : ]
Will Ashley Young be presented with a new contract? We cannot lose him having lost Barry and Milner, with no Young there is no spark!!
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:01 Jon
18:02

General Krulak:
Jon,

Obviously I cannot comment on specific player contract negotiations...it would not be fair to the Club or the Player. At the same time, I think we all recognize what Ashley brings to the Club.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:02 General Krulak
18:02

[Comment From KingKrulak KingKrulak : ]
Hi Dan, is the general in england now?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:02 KingKrulak
18:03

General Krulak:
I am sitting at my desk in Naples Florida.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:03 General Krulak

[Comment From Steve Steve : ]
Hi General, the press reported two weeks ago that Aston Villa attempted to re-opn contract talks with Ashley Young. Is this true?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:03 Steve

General Krulak:
Steve,

I think I have said about all I can say about contract negotiations. It would not be fair to either Ashley or the Club to comment further.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:03 General Krulak
18:04

[Comment From Sam Sam : ]
What's the latest on Fabian Delph? I'm sure I'm not alone in eagerly awaiting his return.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:04 Sam
18:05

General Krulak:
Sam,

Fabian returned from a week in rehab in America and is doing really well. His morale is high, he is working his socks off to get fit and is eagerly awaiting getting back onto the squad. His spirits are high...he is a great young lad!!!!
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:05 General Krulak
18:06

[Comment From Wayne Wayne : ]
Will we be strengthening the upcoming window?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:06 Wayne
18:06

Paul AVFC:
Please bear with us folks. The General is getting a host of questions.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:06 Paul AVFC
18:09

General Krulak:
Wayne and others: Strengthening the squad. We are ALWAYS looking to get better as a football Club. We will be looking at opportunities to do just that. I think it would be unwise to get into speculation over names, numbers, or price-tags. That sort of speculation does not help. What is important is that we are always looking to improve and if the opportunity is there, we will look at it hard.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:09 General Krulak
18:10

[Comment From AVforever AVforever : ]
Great to see you on the official site General!!! Is this going to be a regular thing?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:10 AVforever
18:12

General Krulak:
AVforever: Yes, I will be doing this on the Official Site. At the same time, I will continue to appear on H&V, Villa Talk and Vital Villa...as they were where I started. The issue with those sites, like all sites, is that they are open to the media and sometimes I am either "misquoted" or taken out of context and that puts us all into a bad situation. I guess I am probably a bit too emotional about my feelings for our Club.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:12 General Krulak
18:13

General, rumours are flying around the Villa faithful that Randy Lerner has promised to help Gerard Houllier to bring 1 BIG name signing to Aston Villa along with Houllier's other targets. Is this true?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:13 Steve
18:15

General Krulak:
Steve,

As I mentioned before, we will always be looking to strengthen the squad. To discuss what has or has not transpired between Gerard and Randy is not smart. I can simply say that Randy and Gerard speak often and that there is a mutual respect between them They both are seeking the same goal...success for our Club.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:15 General Krulak
18:15

[Comment From Chris Chris : ]
Can the General give us any ideas what the club can look forward to in the future both on and off the pitch???
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:15 Chris
18:20

General Krulak:
Chris,

I think that we can all look forward to some innovative things in the future...things as simple as the Badge give-away at the Sunderland game to the Android App in early 2011 to a new scheme for ST-holders that will be coming out in the near future to the eventual renovation of the North Stand and other parts of Villa Park. We look at AVFC in a holistic manner...critically is what happens on the Pitch but also important is what happens around the Park itself. The Holte Hotel and Holte Suite renovations and the Trinity Road are examples.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:20 General Krulak
18:20

[Comment From Barry S Barry S : ]
General as a supporter for 45 years I just want to say thks for the correct way the club is being run.Mistakes will be made that happens but it will only makes us better.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:20 Barry S
18:21

General Krulak:
Barry,

Thank you for the kind comment....you made my day!! ALL the credit goes to Randy, Paul and the great folks at Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park. We really do look at this as a Family...and the Fans are a critical part of that Family!!!
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:21 General Krulak
18:21

[Comment From mike d mike d : ]
Hey, just wanted to know how the shirt sales were for this season, considering the delay? Improvement on last years sales? Cheers
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:21 mike d
18:23

General Krulak:
Mike,

Although we had a tough time with the kit, it is now selling extremely well. I personally bought the home and away for my grandson...he will be sporting it for Christmas. Two days ago I was at a mall in Naples Florida and ran into a lad who was wearing the away kit....I almost kissed him!!!!
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:23 General Krulak
18:24

[Comment From Guest Guest : ]
Hi General there is a problem with the public address system in the ground i have a season ticket in the Doug Ellis Upper block P1 and the announcement can't be heard at all everyones moaning i dread to think what would happen in an emergency are the club aware of the problem ?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:24 Guest
18:25

General Krulak:
Guest:

We are aware of the problem and are looking into a solution that works for everyone. We need to be careful that we don't make a wholesale change only to have to come back and make another change when we renovate the N. stand. We ARE aware we have a problem and will get it fixed.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:25 General Krulak
18:26

[Comment From liam in ireland liam in ireland : ]
hi general im a life long villa fan who reaaly enjoed our time under randys reins so far but this season so far has been very mixed and not as enjoyable for us fans but 1 highlight was the emergance of the younger lads into the 1st team ....id like 2 know what the clubs plans are for the next transfer window
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:26 liam in ireland
18:29

General Krulak:
Liam: I understand you feelings and I am sure that many feel the same way you do. My experience in the Forces leads me to believe that when you hit a rough patch, how you respond is key. If you start fighting amongst yourselves, you are finished. It is for this reason that I continue to ask that the Fans hang in there with the Club...that we are all interested in getting to the top...we have not lost sight of our goal. You are correct in your comments about the young lads...they have done a superb job. We should be very appreciative of the coaches at Bodymoor Heath who have got them ready to go. My comments re. the next transfer window have been answered earlier.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:29 General Krulak
18:30

[Comment From Dan Dan : ]
Hello General! Any thoughts on bringing Aston Villa back across the pond for a few games in Canada and the US?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:30 Dan
18:31

General Krulak:
Dan,

As you know, we will be in HongKong this summer at the Asia Trophy. We have no plans to go to the US next summer or to the Continent but....we will be making plans for 2012 in the semi-near future.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:31 General Krulak
18:32

With England losing the World Cup bid, will this therefore scrap any plans to make Villa Park even bigger in the coming years as orignally suggested?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:32 Steve
18:32

General Krulak:
The loss of the world cup bid will have ZERO impact on our plans for Villa Park.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:32 General Krulak
18:33

[Comment From Guest Guest : ]
Hi General, Since Martin O'Neilsdeparture there seems to be a lak of expectation/hope to shrive forward,personally i feel MOneil did a great job, can you honestly see Gerard Houlier finishing 6th in the Premier Leaque?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:33 Guest
18:36

Dan AVFC:
Stick with us folks. The General is trying to answer as many of your questions as possible.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:36 Dan AVFC
18:37

General Krulak:
Guest:

I can PROMISE you that our expectations and desire to strive forward are as strong if not stronger than ever. We have had a tough go of it....the move of Martin, the injuries, etc. BUT, we have a superb Manager who is working hard to get us where we all want to be. There is no way that I would discount us placing 6th....look at how close the tables are right now. If we had another 3 points we would be close to 6th...likewise if we lost 3, we would be in trouble. The point I am making is that the ENTIRE league is very tight...and we just need to focus on each game. I am NOT giving up....I think we have a fine Squad with a great mixture of young and old....and I think GH and the coaches have done a fine job of working through this tough time.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:37 General Krulak
18:38

[Comment From Simon Simon : ]
hey General, it's Simon, or randy.stand as you know me from Vital Villa. You are a great miss from the forum, hope you are back soon on there. Hope to see you soon in the holte end once again. UTV
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:38 Simon
18:38

General Krulak:
Randy.stand:

Great to hear from you lad....I will see you in the Holte End soon...I know where you are!!
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:38 General Krulak
18:39

[Comment From jack jack : ]
whats going on with all these rumours about houllier falling out with our players ?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:39 jack
18:41

General Krulak:
Jack:

I can only tell you that the ENTIRE team and the Manager and Coaches are totally focused on the Wigan game and the games to follow. The media, as I know from personal experience, likes to make mountains out of molehills.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:41 General Krulak
18:42

[Comment From SiDanger SiDanger : ]
Hi General, can you tell me if there a specific defensive coach at the club?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:42 SiDanger
18:43

General Krulak:
SiDanger:

No, we do not focus one coach on one specific area of play.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:43 General Krulak
18:43

[Comment From carlinavfc carlinavfc : ]
Hi general how are you ? the squad needs alot of invetsment will there be sufficiant funds availible in january ?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:43 carlinavfc
18:44

General Krulak:
Carlinavfc:

I am fine. I think I have answered the question re. the coming window.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:44 General Krulak
18:44

[Comment From darren darren : ]
general do you think we would be able to have an adults day in the holte end tickets for £10 and get the holte rocking again its been like a graveyard in the holte and boring to be fair
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:44 darren
18:48

General Krulak:
Darren,

Good to hear from you. NO ONE loves the rocking atmosphere at the Holte End more than I do...I am sure a lot love it as much. As I have said before, atmosphere is really a matter of the fans...and the excitement on the Pitch. Obviously the Club is responsible for the Pitch part...but the Fans are responsible for the atmosphere in the stands. Cutting ticket prices might be good in the short term but we cannot have people talking about spending money for players and, at the same time, asking for 10 pound tickets.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:48 General Krulak
18:48

[Comment From AVFCmatt AVFCmatt : ]
What is the long term aim of Randy Lerner with Aston Villa?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:48 AVFCmatt
18:51

General Krulak:
AVFCmatt:

First and foremost, Randy is hugely a part of the Villa Family. He loves the Club and is passionate for success. As most of you know, he even has the Villa Badge tattooed on his ankle. His desire is to have a well run, quality, Club that provides the Fan with an exciting brand of football at a very high level. He wants AVFC to be a known and respected name, not only in the UK, but worldwide.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:51 General Krulak
18:52

[Comment From Yukki Yukki : ]
What exactly is your job? Please explain.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:52 Yukki
18:54

General Krulak:
Yukki:

I have been wondering that myself!!!! I guess it is to help Randy understand the concerns of the Fans, to take Fan comments and suggestions and pass them to the folks who can act on them and to give my own personal opinions on issues....which is where I sometimes get in trouble.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:54 General Krulak
18:55

What's the plan's for January General? We have been linked with numerous players as usual, but will there be funds available?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:55 Steve
18:55

Paul AVFC:
The General has had lots of questions to get through. We're getting close to the end. Thanks for your input - really appreciated. Hold on to any questions that haven't been answered - because The General will be back!
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:55 Paul AVFC
18:56

General Krulak:
Let me again say that our plans for this winter are to try to move forward should an opportunity present itself. To discuss specific players is really not a smart thing to do on an open web site.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:56 General Krulak
18:56

[Comment From oli oli : ]
who controls contract talks at villa??
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:56 oli
18:58

General Krulak:
oli: The Manager, Paul, the Club secretary, the finance people, the legal/contract people and, of course, Randy is kept in the loop the entire time. As you can see, it is not just one person.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:58 General Krulak
18:59

[Comment From Jon Jon : ]
I would just like to say General, that i love the communication you have with the fans over various sites. Will Mr Lerner ever do something like this?
Tuesday December 14, 2010 18:59 Jon
19:01

General Krulak:
jon:

Thank you for your kind words. As you know, Randy is an individual who likes this actions to speak for him....and has followed that dictum since he arrived at Villa Park. He simply believes that the Fans should watch what he does...not what he might say. He HAS spoken to the Fans on several occasions but I don't see him entering this particular mode of communication.
Tuesday December 14, 2010 19:01 General Krulak
19:04

General Krulak:
Sorry I was unable to get to all of your questions....but I will be back to take them on another day. I appreciate each of you taking time to come on this site and make comments and ask questions. We are focused on the future...we understand your concerns...and those concerns were reiterated today. Some I could talk to directly...others required that I "dance" a bit. BUT, I heard you and I know what you are saying. We want to move forward...we are NOT interested in moving backwards.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »
What was his reply Legion?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 07:08:41 PM »
That format could be a great use of the H&V chatroom.

Offline K3Villa

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 07:09:55 PM »
I asked about plans for the redevelopment of the North Stand and the return of the big screen.

So did I.

Who was controlling the questions? The media team I presume? Poorly dealt with in my opinion as they put through about 5 questions which were regarding transfers in Jan and contracts etc when The General had already covered that topic almost straight away. As we all know thats something he can't rightly comment on.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:17:53 PM by K3Villa »

Offline Legion

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
What was his reply Legion?

Question was not posted or answered.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
He answered on ground development, saying the failed world cup bid will have ZERO effect on our redevelopment plans.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 07:54:30 PM »
No different to his thread, the information we crave is not availeable through him and nor should it be the rest is just of borderline interest. doea anyone really believe that he will divulge anything of importance on a website?

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »
Good to hear from the General, I agree that the OS media folks should have done a better job with the selection of questions.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »
Good to hear the north stand is still happening. Same as on here, lots of ques about transfers and the general saying he cant comment. Liked the dig at the press "mountains out of molehills". Couldnt be more true

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal