collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Now Beye in bust up....  (Read 40622 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Now Beye in bust up....
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 11:24:33 AM »
All this talk of mon leaving a good squad behind puzzles me - after 4 years in the job how many players in our squad that he left would get into any of the top 5 teams? maybe one or two at most!

Houllier needs to rebuild this squad to a huge degree and it will take time but i believe he will get there !

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »
Agree about getting rid of the deadwood and the whingeing senior players who don't now actually EARN their exorbitant wages.  Beye on £40 k a week was always a surprise but what really shocked me was MON giving Osbourne a new contract last year - early promise but whenever I watched him he looked like someone in slow motion. His picture on the video wall was funny though

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »
In the NOTW story it was said that "the whole squad was behind Dunne" in his outburst. In this piece, Beye is portrayed as competitive player who trains hard. If there is anyone in the Villa camp leaking these stories to the press, it seems to be someone siding with the deadwood.

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 11:29:44 AM »
osborne had a great game at everton a few years back but apart from that he has done nothing-he will never make the grade here- lower league player at best.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »
have a fair bit of sympathy with osbourne to be honest. Looking back he probably should have seen the writing on the wall and moved on like Cahill, Rigewell etc.. Probably could have done a decent job for a lower premiership side given the opportunity but at the time he was very much part of the squad and probably thought MON rated him.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 12:20:22 PM »
The most shocking thing about this which says it all about modern football is that Beye actually took a pay cut to join us, same with Sidwell as both were earning 50k + at their previous clubs.

Lichaj looked decent at the weekend so Beye will be moved on in the next window.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 12:24:15 PM »
My biggest concern with all this is that nobody bothered to tell the players the training session was over and they could make tackles against Liverpool.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
have a fair bit of sympathy with osbourne to be honest. Looking back he probably should have seen the writing on the wall and moved on like Cahill, Rigewell etc.. Probably could have done a decent job for a lower premiership side given the opportunity but at the time he was very much part of the squad and probably thought MON rated him.

I really can't believe Osbourne is still here.

Madness from the previous manager to give him a 4 year deal in 2007 when he wasn't even making the 18 back then.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
.. Habib gives his all in training and in every game. He was his usual competitive self ..
PMSL!!!!
Yeah, that was the bit my eyes latched onto as well.

I saw Beye leaving the ground with his WAG (although strictly speaking this should be a less politically correct acronym as she's a wife or a girlfriend and there was definitely only one of them, but maybe I shouldn't go there) after the Everton game. Big smile on his face, not a care in the world, climbing into a rather expensive black Ferrari.

The bloke's laughing and with good reason. Only thing I can't understand is why he'd agitate for a move when he's raking it in doing sweet FA and seemed reasonably happy to be doing so. Unless of course he's willing to take a couple of weeks wages being fined, be transferred without officially asking for it and then get his contract paid in full as well as a signing on bonus from elsewhere. Actually, that sounds about right.

Offline eastie

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »
Wasn't aware that players had their contract paid in full if they were sold? As I understood it they got a small cut of the transfer fee- has this changed ?

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »
You have to hand it to Houllier, he's only pissing off the dead wood. I look forward to the next breaking story where the staff hide Sidwell's underpants for a laugh.

As for Beye, yeah fuck off. You were never good enough. Lichaj has pissed all over your performances in half a dozen outings.

Young player = hungry
Beye = passed it

Beye passed it? That'll make a change.

Chuckle

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
Wasn't aware that players had their contract paid in full if they were sold? As I understood it they got a small cut of the transfer fee- has this changed ?

Depends on if you requested the move or not.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 01:57:14 PM »
My biggest concern with all this is that nobody bothered to tell the players the training session was over and they could make tackles against Liverpool.
That could have some truth in it - spoiled players trying to prove a point to Gerrard.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 02:44:17 PM »
Not one of MON's best signings and wages of 40k a week for Beye is ridiculous

For all the good work MON did, there was also a lot of poor stuff too

The real great work over the last 5 years has been done by Tony Mac, Sid & KMac.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »
osborne had a great game at everton a few years back but apart from that he has done nothing-he will never make the grade here- lower league player at best.
Amazed that he was given a 4 year contract.

Worst of all in it's own way is Salifou, apparently only on a trifling £10,000pw, but over 2 years thats £1,000,040 for a player that MON had no interest in at all.
Came from the Swiss 2nd division, and fucking hell, did it show.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal