collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What happened to Mr Invisable?  (Read 17568 times)

Offline sfx412

Re: What happened to Mr Invisable?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »
Its all down to the player unrest caused by Houllier I'm sure the NOTW will make it back page headlines tomorrow.
After all Ireland is well known for being a stable person and a model professional is he not ?
Much like Dunne really.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 11:44:12 AM »
I'm surprised he was totally dropped from the squad, he was'nt any worse than anyone else against Liverpool. Mind you,  if this gives him the kick up the arse he needs though, then so be it, because we've got a bloody good player on our hands.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 12:01:20 PM »
A poor man's Nigel Callaghan. Rapidly becoming the least favourite player player I've seen in a Villa shirt.

Offline tim

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
He didn't want to come and is acting like a child because of it.
Unfortunately his problem is with with MCFC not Villa, yet he seems to want to drag out his dis-satisfaction to just prove a point that he didn't want to leave them. But it's us paying the price for it.
I don't care how good he can be - he doesn't deserve to at Villa and therefore don't care if/when he goes.

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 03:11:30 PM »
He didn't want to come and is acting like a child because of it.
Unfortunately his problem is with with MCFC not Villa, yet he seems to want to drag out his dis-satisfaction to just prove a point that he didn't want to leave them. But it's us paying the price for it.
I don't care how good he can be - he doesn't deserve to at Villa and therefore don't care if/when he goes.

I agree. I get the feeling he's a one club man, and we're not it.

With such a lot in common I'm surprised he and GH don't get on a lot better

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »
Get rid. Accept we made a huge error in signing him, accept that we got an atrocious deal for Milner, ship him out and move on.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »
It's pretty heartbreaking to see Milner kicking his heels on the bench for Man City when he was so inspirational for us - and then compared to what Ireland has contributed so far.

I think Houllier will get rid as soon as he can.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »
I did see a pink Range Rover in the car park by the North Stand, there were assorted Syrups on the dashboard, could well have been his.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:39 PM »
I did see a pink Range Rover in the car park by the North Stand, there were assorted Syrups on the dashboard, could well have been his.

Or Doug's?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
Thing that bothers me is the club's he's linked with..Sunderland, West Ham, Surely he's goin to be better off here than there?

He wants to think himself lucky he earns so much money being so fucking terrible. If he got paid on performance he'd be living in a squat

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »
It's pretty heartbreaking to see Milner kicking his heels on the bench for Man City when he was so inspirational for us -   

It's not heartbreaking at all. He chose to bugger off, it's his own fault if he's sat on the bench.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
It's pretty heartbreaking to see Milner kicking his heels on the bench for Man City when he was so inspirational for us -   

It's not heartbreaking at all. He chose to bugger off, it's his own fault if he's sat on the bench.

Agreed

I work with a lad who is a city season ticket holder He said he's struggled to impress so far but saying that he's much more effective in the middle but fuck him that's what I say

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »
The shrink suggestion is a good one.  The cost to employ a shrink is buttons compared to the money we pay Ireland (and the others).  There is a good player in there somewhere and we need to do whatever we can to encourage him to be a success.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »
Don't think he could have been any worse than Bannan if he had played. Thought he was ok against Liverpool in an inoffensive kind of way. He passed it pretty well when given some time and space. Maybe it was time to have backed him with a start next to Hogg against West Brom?

I fear any hope of rehabilitating him has gone now.

Offline peter w

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 09:54:39 PM »
Disagree. With young players they are more likely to be inconsistent form wise. Ireland, as a more seasoned pro, and one once of some repute you'd expect more. not necessarily in terms of lighting up the place the way milner did, but he isn't even taking games by the scruff of the neck even for a 10-15 minute spell. He can pass the odd ball when not under any pressure, make the odd run, but for £8m? He's shown nothing but a lack of desire. To not even be on the bench shows that the manager has either had enough, or the player has. Either way I'd rather have an underperforming Bannan than a lack of desire ireland in the team. Or the squad for that matter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal