collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What happened to Mr Invisable?  (Read 17556 times)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: What happened to Mr Invisable?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
As I said a few weeks back he's a bit like Blanche Du Bois from a Streetcar Named Desire...  Evicted from his former home 'Belle Reve', mentally frail and living off a past beauty.

That said for those of you familiar with the play the analogy starts to fall apart later on.

The conversation suggesting we were getting the better end of the Milner deal because of Ireland seems crazy now. He has been a watse of time and space and should be ashemed of himself for wasting his and our time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going in january.

But considering they gave us him and £18million for a midfielder who hasn't really excelled for them and whom they don't use we still didn't do THAT badly. I still hope SI can turn it around so I haven't yet written him off yet (though I could be being foolish in that).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:27:40 PM by TheSandman »

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 11:26:36 PM »
Vivien Leigh had a better engine

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »
I was asked by a Man City supporting friend how Ireland has gone down at Villa, and I had to respond in Big Ron fashion and say he has gone down like Buddy Holly.

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
The conversation suggesting we were getting the better end of the Milner deal because of Ireland seems crazy now. He has been a watse of time and space and should be ashemed of himself for wasting his and our time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going in january.

I don't think that he can be transferred in the January window. As he was at City at the start of the seaon and has turned out for us (I didn't write played for us), rules prevent a player being registered for 3 PL clubs in the same seaon. So looks like becoming highest paid non player on the staff. Give him time to source another tastefully coloured car for his girlfriend.

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
I think that Ireland needs to see a shrink.  If something happened with Ireland, you'd think that the regular media would of caught wind of it now.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 01:53:48 AM »
If that is the case and he walked out before the game, he won't be around in February and well done to GH for dropping Dunne.

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 03:12:54 AM »
hopefully he was having a medical at fulham

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 06:48:45 AM »
How anyone could imagine that it would end up any other way is beyond my comprehension. An undoubted talent but with such a questionable attitude it was always doomed to failure.

We should never have agreed to any deal involving players and gone for the cash, and following the departure of MON we should have had a moratorium on any player movement until such a time as a new manager was installed.

And cast your mind back to the time of his departure from Man City and his monetary demands to agree to the move, that should've set the alarm bells ringing alone.

He has been given more chances than he deserved under Hou, yet spurned each one with token effort and the air of one who would rather be elsewhere.

A rather typical tale from todays game, all the trappings of success off the pitch but none on it.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »
I'd really love to see him performing for Villa.

I haven't written him off yet, but I am concerned that GH has.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 08:41:16 AM »
If Ireland is going to get better, the first step is for him to realise how bad he is. Being dropped is a big hint

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »
If Ireland is going to get better, the first step is for him to realise how bad he is. Being dropped is a big hint

I have to say that despite all the evidence pointing to the fact that he's mentally unhinged (virtual granny funerals, his prolonged hissy fit with the Republic, toys out the pram on many occasions), I really was pleased he'd joined us. He was fantastic at times for Citeh, a superb passer of the ball and one of their best players before it all went monumentally silly up at Eastlands. But he really has been utterly abject - his attitude at Blackburn a few weeks back was atrocious. I think the suggestion above about a shrink is actually a good one. Get a professional to try and work out what's utterly fucked his head. It'd be a shame to give up on him just yet.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 09:18:05 AM »
The fact of the matter is he never wanted to be here, tells you everything you need to know about his tenure thus far.

I could see him doing well at Fulham/Barcodes because I really don't think we have a use for him, consider -

Albrighton, Downing, Young, Petrov, Bannan, Hogg, Delph, Sidwelll, NRC, Pires. What's the point in trying to fit him in with all that lot? That's enough of a long term selection headache as it is.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
I was holding out that Ireland would have a few good games and be a big player for us. I just can't see it happening now. It's a real shame as I've always been a big fan of his and was delighted when we signed him.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
I think he will be out in january his attitude just is'nt right if we can sell him and get Delph back to full fitness i would take that.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 10:39:59 AM »

I have to say that despite all the evidence pointing to the fact that he's mentally unhinged (virtual granny funerals, his prolonged hissy fit with the Republic, toys out the pram on many occasions), I really was pleased he'd joined us. He was fantastic at times for Citeh, a superb passer of the ball and one of their best players before it all went monumentally silly up at Eastlands. But he really has been utterly abject - his attitude at Blackburn a few weeks back was atrocious. I think the suggestion above about a shrink is actually a good one. Get a professional to try and work out what's utterly fucked his head. It'd be a shame to give up on him just yet.

Perhaps Gazza should take him fishing and have a few words?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal