collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 33 Years ago today  (Read 16676 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: 33 Years ago today
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
Sadly i was too young to see him play but sound's like a really good player.

Offline woo

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »
It's funny to think that any time I've been in a cab in Edinburgh that I might have been driven round by a former Villain.

Funny that we are playing them almost to the day with a small attacking Scottish midfielder in the team.

' Five-foot eight, not much weight, Barry Bannan's fucking great, la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.'

Thats got to be sung tomorrow.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
It's funny to think that any time I've been in a cab in Edinburgh that I might have been driven round by a former Villain.

Funny that we are playing them almost to the day with a small attacking Scottish midfielder in the team.

' Five-foot eight, not much weight, Barry Bannan's fucking great, la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.'

Why, is he growing that fast?
He was 5ft 7 the other week - now he's 5'8" - are you suggesting tomorrow's the only time it will rhyme at this rate?

Offline woo

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 07:09:33 PM »

Why, is he growing that fast?
He was 5ft 7 the other week - now he's 5'8" - are you suggesting tomorrow's the only time it will rhyme at this rate?

o.k. -  He's still 5ft 7, not much weight, Barry Bannan's fucking great.... ;)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 07:13:52 PM »
I don't believe he's even 5 foot 7.

Probably around 5 foot 4 or 5. I don't think he'll mind if we give him an extra few inches though.

Offline Dave Summers

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 07:21:42 PM »
Sadly i was too young to see him play but sound's like a really good player.

One of my top 5 all time Villa players, with Little, Cowans, the Lord McGrath and Andy Gray first time around. 

As others have mentioned, not much weight but boy could he tackle.   He strode around Villa Park literally shouting, "this is my centre circle, I own it and if you want to try and take it, bring it on".

I've been to Edinburgh a number of times too and like someone said always hoped I would be driven around by Alex, no such luck unfortunately.  I guess if it ever did happen I would have the largest fare in his history as I wouldn't stop talking to him.

I drink in the same group as the above poster Woo and we'll try and come up with something suitable for the Holte End tomorrow ;-)

Offline woo

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »

I drink in the same group as the above poster Woo and we'll try and come up with something suitable for the Holte End tomorrow ;-)

If only we knew someone with a big mouth loud enough to shout over a crowd...

Good memories Dave, I wasn't at the game but remember hearing the reports on the radio (it must have been Tony Butler on BRMB in those days) and my Dad going mad about it.

Offline Dave Summers

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »

If only we knew someone with a big mouth loud enough to shout over a crowd...

Good memories Dave, I wasn't at the game but remember hearing the reports on the radio (it must have been Tony Butler on BRMB in those days) and my Dad going mad about it.

I think that's your subtle way of saying you're younger than me Woo !!!!

Terrific memories, those were perfect Saturdays.  Tiswas, Football Focus, the match, Generation Game, Dick Emery, Starsky and Hutch and then the highlights on Match of the Day !!!!.

I'll try and think of someone with that loud and big mouth to help us out :-)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »
One of my top 5 all time Villa players, with Little, Cowans, the Lord McGrath and Andy Gray first time around.

Snap!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »

Good but he's not 5'8 no way

Edit wiki says he's 5ft 7
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:32:55 AM by Phil from the upper holte »

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »

Good but he's not 5'8 no way

Edit wiki says he's 5ft 7

*Really*?!..he looks at 5' 2", seriously...

Offline charlie659

• Brian Little walks on water - FACT
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »
Alex came to our school to open our Spring Fayre whilst he was still on crutches and I won the prize draw - a ball autographed by the entire first team squad - and yes, I still have it  ;)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »
Alex Cropley was a truly great player, he could give it out and take it and he could play, what Brown did was cowardly and dispicable, i hope the bastard still has it on his conscience

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »
Alex Cropley was a truly great player, he could give it out and take it and he could play, what Brown did was cowardly and dispicable, i hope the bastard still has it on his conscience

You think he has a conscience?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
Didn`t Stan Jones once do one of our players ? - John Woodward or am I dreaming it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal