collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I met this girl recently.....  (Read 11982 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: I met this girl recently.....
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:06 AM »
Maybe you should point out to her that the ex spent the last 6 months of your relationship flirting outrageously with the same bloke, but was thrown over for a plain girl from fulham and has recently been turned down by a pig-ugly geordie.....

Blimey..are things that bad?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 09:27:27 AM »
It could be worse, I know someone whose taken up with a right munter in Newcastle.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
my last missus had just walked out on me because she was fed up with me stopping her lavish spending on my MBNA credit card. I had to though as she kept buying overpriced rubbish that I couldn't get rid of at the car boot sale I went to twice a year.

Then when I was out one night looking to get back on the horse I bumped into a girl who I remembered from school. She had gone out with one of the boys in my class who thought he was the best in the class at everything and she was out of my league at that time. But she hadn't aged very well. She'd been abroad in the sun and caught a bit of colour and she began flirting with me. There was probably someone out there who was younger and better looking but I couldn't be arsed searching and getting into scraps anymore trying to steal other blokes women. Anyway, one thing led to another and before I knew it she had moved in with me and things were going ok although she was a bit clumsy and had a tendency to break things I owned, although some of them were the dross my ex had bought which I wasn't too bothered about.

I was put out at first when she mentioned her ex on our first date and how much she still thought of him. I let it go as I thought she might grow to love me more and be a good match. However, things didn't improve, in fact they got worse, particularly in bed where she failed to inspire me. She had also continued to regularly refer to how much she had enjoyed being with her ex when they were together.

I even caught her touching an old photo of him and as she knew I was watching that really got me angry. It was like she was deliberately rubbing my nose in it. Then when I was at work one day and on my lunch I saw her out and about. She must have known I was there but instead she blanked me and waved to her ex across the street. Now that really wound me up. Then later that night when we were in the pub with friends she mentioned in front of everyone how nice it had been to see him, how she didn't mind being second best to him now as he would always be her favourite. When we got home I demanded an apology but she refused to give one explaining how her time with him had made her a better person and that I would benefit from this in the long run.

I am unsure we will last the distance, my heart tells me to get rid but my head is telling me to stick at it, things will improve with time and might turn out to be really good. Maybe I should stick it out in the hope things improve but something tells me it won't.

Should I dump her?

ABSOLUTE QUALITY !!  I SAY LETS SEE HOW WE GET ON ON SATURDAY AND THEN YOU CAN DECIDE THEN :-)

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »
If she performs well on saturday then keep her.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »
I say give it time thing's will work out you are just going through a rocky period in the relationship.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
Good post!   Thought provoking.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
end it by text
That would have been perfect for ending it with the girlfriend before his previous one.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
Could try taking her doggin and see if someone you know might be willing to take her off you

Offline philsheard

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
been a weird day today guys, she keeps telling me how committed she is and that i must believe her, I think she is worried I am going to bin her. Maybe things are looking up....

.....then again maybe not! I've just discovered she's broken my flat screen tv leaving me with the old box one up in the spare room that hasn't been used in a while. Could be a quiet day on Saturday.

And then she goes and knackers my xbox. I had only just started getting back into playing that after my ex banished it to the cupboard for about a year because she didn't like it.

(Bob, any increase on 16?)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »
I think you  girlfriend is not worried as she knows you can not afford to bin her just yet unless that is  you get  nothing between now and  Xmas. If  she does not bring you glad tidings by Xmas than you need to  have a serious  look. FFS you wouldn't trust her to  buy  nice presents for your birthday in January would you?

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 10:41:39 AM »
Give her a Yellow and a stern talking to, give it the "no more" hand gesture like top ref's do, let her know her card's been marked and anymore it'll be an early bath

And start warming a sub up, if you get mt drift....

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 11:38:21 AM »
No point in dumping her this side of Christmas - she's probably got your presents sorted. Clear out the rest of your ex's crap as well and buy the current missus something nice in the January sales.

Don't be too harsh on her mate I'm sure she didn't mean to disrespect you in public besides I've heard she's cooking a feast for 40,000 today with all the trimmings to make up for it - Bannan steaks with Agbonlahor sauce!

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
Whatever the rights and wrongs of you deciding to cut up her MBNA card (I heard you were asking her to keep up with the Joneses, who gave theirs a Platinum card), you've gone to shit since the last one left. You and the new bird need to get yourselves sorted quickly or you'll find yourself having to sell the lot whilst moving out of the 5 bedroom exec and back onto the council estate. ;-)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »
Look on the bright side, at least your new girlfriend doesn't insist you wear flares and a ski jumper.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 09:27:47 AM »
I am sorry that you have not had a peaceful and enjoyable christmas. You may think that it's  because your new girl is useless however I think you need to take a good look at your wardrobe. You  are carrying lot of stuff that just does not suit her style. It may be that to preserve this relationship she needs to go out in January sales and buy you some new gear.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal