collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I met this girl recently.....  (Read 11958 times)

Offline philsheard

I met this girl recently.....
« on: December 09, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
my last missus had just walked out on me because she was fed up with me stopping her lavish spending on my MBNA credit card. I had to though as she kept buying overpriced rubbish that I couldn't get rid of at the car boot sale I went to twice a year.

Then when I was out one night looking to get back on the horse I bumped into a girl who I remembered from school. She had gone out with one of the boys in my class who thought he was the best in the class at everything and she was out of my league at that time. But she hadn't aged very well. She'd been abroad in the sun and caught a bit of colour and she began flirting with me. There was probably someone out there who was younger and better looking but I couldn't be arsed searching and getting into scraps anymore trying to steal other blokes women. Anyway, one thing led to another and before I knew it she had moved in with me and things were going ok although she was a bit clumsy and had a tendency to break things I owned, although some of them were the dross my ex had bought which I wasn't too bothered about.

I was put out at first when she mentioned her ex on our first date and how much she still thought of him. I let it go as I thought she might grow to love me more and be a good match. However, things didn't improve, in fact they got worse, particularly in bed where she failed to inspire me. She had also continued to regularly refer to how much she had enjoyed being with her ex when they were together.

I even caught her touching an old photo of him and as she knew I was watching that really got me angry. It was like she was deliberately rubbing my nose in it. Then when I was at work one day and on my lunch I saw her out and about. She must have known I was there but instead she blanked me and waved to her ex across the street. Now that really wound me up. Then later that night when we were in the pub with friends she mentioned in front of everyone how nice it had been to see him, how she didn't mind being second best to him now as he would always be her favourite. When we got home I demanded an apology but she refused to give one explaining how her time with him had made her a better person and that I would benefit from this in the long run.

I am unsure we will last the distance, my heart tells me to get rid but my head is telling me to stick at it, things will improve with time and might turn out to be really good. Maybe I should stick it out in the hope things improve but something tells me it won't.

Should I dump her?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: I met this girl recently.....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »
Not sure... My personal opinion is that you should give her more time. She might be great with your kids and when a few possessions get mended things will get better.

If it hasn't improved in two or three months or so I think  you should look at the situation again and get rid.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »
I think we should  keep Houlier till the end of the season!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 08:46:37 PM »
Nice allegory Phil.   Got me going.   If you could have worked in a favourite song not heard for a long time and a quickly scrawled message of undying love it would have really hit the spot.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 08:46:47 PM »

Offline philsheard

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
Brian not that talented musically......and looks like I got beat in the race by supertom.

fuck it think I'll boot her out sunday morning.

Offline bob

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »
16/100

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 08:54:43 PM »
That gives her all of Saturday night to beg and grovel.   Do it at about five o'clock on Saturday the bitch.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
do a paul daniels then dump her.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
thats quality mate, lol, if not now march should be when you review it again

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
Can she play at left back?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »
16/100

Have a heart mate.

If nothing the thought of G-Hou failing to impress a new lover between the sheets will keep you, er, from getting too excited too soon next time one of your debauched nights out in London ends on top of a nice lass from Tooting.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »
Feel like I've been watching the bold and the beautiful. On a serious note, be honest tell her you don't think she's over her ex and come back when she's ready, go and have a bit of fun (pref not on her doorstep) and wait for the phone to ring.
Good Luck.     

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 09:16:56 PM »
MBNA eh, now you're talking.

Ah, the memories - it was all about credit ratings and marketing, plastic designs and affinity brands - not round leather balls and £5 million a year employees who aren't worth £30k a year.

All the best on the female front.

Paul.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal