collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Not the General Krulak Thread  (Read 34776 times)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Not the General Krulak Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
I'll admit I've never been 100% convinced by this board

Who can blame you?

Everything they've done from day 1 has helped to destabilise the club.

The wholesale improvements to Bodymoor Heath to make us one of the country's best training grounds

The £3m yearly investment in the Academy

The seemingly limitless funds given to the previous manager

The open dialogue between fans message boards and a member of the club's board

The never ending work on making the club more customer friendly

The General is never endingly asked about playing matters, something which has been endlessly stated as a no go area at least 366 times, so the thread is temporarily shut to let things simmer down and you have a hissy fit.

Spot on Fletch.

Question them on their record.

Hold them to account if/when they mess up.

But there has been far more good than bad and even the things that you could maybe pull them up on (such as giving MON virtually a free hand for so long) were done with the best intentions.

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
I'll admit I've never been 100% convinced by this board

Who can blame you?

Everything they've done from day 1 has helped to destabilise the club.

The wholesale improvements to Bodymoor Heath to make us one of the country's best training grounds

The £3m yearly investment in the Academy

The seemingly limitless funds given to the previous manager

The open dialogue between fans message boards and a member of the club's board

The never ending work on making the club more customer friendly

The General is never endingly asked about playing matters, something which has been endlessly stated as a no go area at least 366 times, so the thread is temporarily shut to let things simmer down and you have a hissy fit.

Spot on Fletch.

Question them on their record.

Hold them to account if/when they mess up.

But there has been far more good than bad and even the things that you could maybe pull them up on (such as giving MON virtually a free hand for so long) were done with the best intentions.

Totally agree. Some of the comments have been a disgrace. The club has made HUGE strides in the last four years or so and despite the recent poor form we're in a far better state than when Randy took over. I'm almost tempted to question whether or not one or two of the posters are actually Villa fans....

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »
Re the board. In my opinion, you cant deny some of the great things they have done for the club. The last for years have been the best in my Villa following life. (I was around in the 90s, but not going regularly)

However, some things that have been questionable are very quickly glossed over and forgotten. i think there should be as much talk about the negative things as the positive things, rather than people being shot down for their views when they say something that goes against the 'Best board in the country'

Even if the positive things far outweight the negative ones?

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »
Dear Mrs Overall. Please visit these other sites exclusively.
Please.

Oh yes, and take the similarly clued up genius pestria with you.
This would please me immensely.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 02:10:32 PM »
I'd like to know what all of those negative things are. Questioning decisions in hindsight is a piece of piss, but for the most part decisions they've made that are now considered negatives were hardly seen as obvious disasters at the time. There are so many good things that this board has done in the past 4+ years that it beggars belief when you read some of the nonsense being thrown in their direction.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
To say that we shouldn't question the board and their motives strikes me as a little odd.
I agree that their actions thus far have been encouraging, but I'll always keep in mind the mantra of football club owners, that it's a business, and we're paying customers, and the relationship between the two means that there will always be an image that the business wants to project, and then there will be the reality.

Offline Simba

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 02:57:27 PM »
Locking it was the correct decision. To much juvenile ranting from (a few) posters who could not respect the opportunity of talking to a Director.

How many other Clubs have this contact? The Guy deserves another medal.

Pestria - you are one angry man. Take it somewhere else.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »
We have the right to ask questions. We do not have the right to demand answers. No other board is as open as ours before  criticising them for "glossing over the negatives" maybe we should be grateful they gave us the opportunity.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 04:41:50 PM »
I'd put it like this:
There is the right to question Randy/the board but is there the grounds?

Not really.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »
Since a couple of things happened in my life I have always believed in NEVER looking back as there is nothing you can do about it.......We as a club have to move on and try and make the future as bright/good as possible.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
Just think we could have a board like newcastle's, then where do you think we would be?

Offline pestria

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »
I made the original comment on this thread - and I now know how politicians must feel to be mis-quoted.

I said I've never been 100% convinced by the board's capabilities to move the club forward and that they are repeating the mistakes of their predecessors  - I gave clear examples of this.

I acknowledged the excellent financial support, but ventured that much of it has been wasted and that the same level of support is not financially viable in the longer term.

I asked what the senior management actually do when there's little evidence of sustained development.  All I hear in response is 'they're the best board in the league' - because they communicate on here and Lerner doesn't say much.

To summarise my position - they made a good start and made substantial funds available.  Times are now tougher and I'm not sure whether they're well equipped to deal with them.   Of course many think differently and time will tell who's right. 

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
I think the board has to take some share of the blame over the events of the summer. It should have been made clear to MON at the start of the summer, what funds were/werent available etc and if he wasnt happy they should have shown him the door.

If that didnt happen, it should have. If it did something must have happened in the interim for MON to walk. What that was is anybody's guess, but the most likely scenario to me is that MON was told no more transfers, so he walked.

Why that didnt happen at the end of May is a mystery to me.

Before this summer, they acted flawlessly. The next 2 windows will tell us more about how committed Randy is....maybe we should let GH go on a spending spree, then get rid of him....Liverpool won the CL doing that ;)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2010, 06:14:20 PM »
Pestria I suspect you are a knuckledragger on the wind up.

If you are a Villa fan, which I doubt, you should attempt not to twist the facts to fit your prejudices.

The example which springs immediately from your most recent post is your claim that the board does not have the capabilities to move the club forward.   How can a statement like that be taken seriously?   It implies that things are as bad as they were in the time of Doug Ellis and David O'Leary when the England team refused to use our training facilities.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »
Locking it was the correct decision. To much juvenile ranting from (a few) posters who could not respect the opportunity of talking to a Director.

I agree entirely. It's almost as if it gives some poster's a bit of power, being able to ask a director of a football club questions. I'm surprised the thread is not locked more often to be honest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal