collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 09:51:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by LeeB
[Today at 09:50:04 AM]

FFP by oldtimernow
[Today at 09:47:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 09:51:04 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by LeeB
[Today at 09:50:04 AM]

Re: FFP by oldtimernow
[Today at 09:47:59 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:45:57 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 09:42:19 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:38:02 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

Re: FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Serious lack of discipline in our players  (Read 9513 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Serious lack of discipline in our players
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
I can handle poor performances, I can handle players going through a run of bad form. What I can't accept is players not giving everything they have once they step across the white lines. We have a few not giving it their all at the moment and the finger pointing, indisciplined rabble seen at Anfield is the net result. The ones I see in particular.

Richard Dunne- came back from pre season in diabolical condition. Does seem to care as much as last season.
James Collins - same as above. Professional footballers should not be overweight.
Stephen Warnock - a disgrace to the shirt. Quite frankly I cannot stand him. A pussy of the highest order and petulant to go with it. Should have been immediately replaced after his antics at Blackburn.
Stephen Ireland - needs to be told it's not u-12s he is playing. Luca Modric is the example. Follow it or fuck off.
Ashley Young - not signing a contract, finger pointing, diving, petulant little twerp. This is a side to his game that has developed in recent years. His game has stagnated a result.
Marc Albrighton - gave away free kick stupidly against Fulham that led to equalizing goal. Fair enough he is a kid and will learn. Then Warnock esque the last night he stupidly gives away another free kick that they nearly score from. The lack of discipline spreads like wildfire.
Stewart Downing - yes we know he is a creative player but we need every player giving his all when we don't have the ball. He still jumps out of every 50/50
Reo Coker - his captains performance in the derby was a disgrace. Some example to be setting trying to start a fight every five minutes.
John Carew - hasn't tried a leg all season.
Gabby - two utterly disgraceful performances against Blackburn and Liverpool where he didn't seem to give a shit and ambled around like Carew.
Luke Young - doesn't bother holding his position anymore just seems to do his own thing.

Offline sid cowans10

Re: Serious lack of discipline in our players
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
i can agree with most but downing has done well and gabby has just come back yes dunne collins warnock all need to look in the mirror if there is one big enough for dunne but i think the problem lies with gh hes trying to make them play football from the back and i dont think they are capable of doing that

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:19 AM »
You say Warnock should have been replaced after Blackburn, the big problem is that we have no left back to challenge him.

Hopefully Gerard will get somebody in, otherwise we'll have another Samuel scenario, plays shit every game but due to lack of competition, plays every game.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 10:23:04 AM »
That's you just listing players and things you dislike and has fuck all to do with discipline.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »
I disagree with my learned colleague Chris here and can see where BB is coming from. Probably because I think the same way every time I watch the Villa about those facets of those particular players he picks out....

Offline pedro25

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »
Harsh on Albrighton too.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
I would hope GH will replace Dunne with Cuellar on saturday but that still leaves Warnock and Collins i just think they need to get there act together ASAP, as for Ireland i wouldn't put him near the first team at the moment but with the injuries we have got to we have no choice.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »
I reccomend Prozac

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
I agree with Chris. Of the players listed only Warnock is a problem. He is an experienced Premier League player, but he seems to cost us a goal a game on average -- most often because he loses his head.

Dunne is poor compared to last season, but the amount of criticism he gets on here is somewhat over the top. That said, he seems to be the kind of player who needs to be 100% fit and sharp to compete at Premier League level, and when he is, he is one of the best central defenders in the league. When he's not, his limitations is seriously exposed.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 10:47:32 AM »
Stephen Warnock - a disgrace to the shirt. Quite frankly I cannot stand him. A pussy of the highest order and petulant to go with it. Should have been immediately replaced after his antics at Blackburn.

I think disgrace to the shirt is maybe a touch strong, but I did think his antics at Blackburn were incredibly unprofessional and dimwitted.

Part of me thinks it was stupidity, part of me thinks he just doesn't really care that much. Sadly, I suspect it was a bit of both.

Him and Dunne are the two I would point the finger at for not seeming to care too much. It's not on for a professional like Dunne to be as overweight as he is. He also is gaining the air of a player for whom defeat doesn't seem to hurt much, which concerns me.

Sorry, I forgot Carew, who is the other one who looks like he no longer gives a shit. The speed with which he moved when subbed off against (I think) Arsenal was fucking shocking, the fastest he'd moved all day.

Beyond those three, I think you're being harsh on Downing, Young, NRC, Albrighton and Gabby.

Collins I do not think is overweight, don't really see that. I also think he is one of the ones who looks as if he does care. The problem is he is in a poor run of form, and spends an awful lot of time witlessly hoofing the ball out of defence.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »
Are you not just describing the lack of quality and not describing the lack of discipline.

I don't think the squad is made up of battlers, just players who do well when the squad is doing well, nothing new there.

I'd agree that Ged doesn't seem able to motivate them as well as before but how much of that is down to all the disruptions

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 10:53:36 AM »
None of them are shit players though.

Dunnie really should be dropped and told to come back when the scales show he's fit and as for Warnock, who else have we got ?

Massive togetherness required - it's motivation time par excellence for M. Houllier.

Offline holte hero

• GM : Dec, 2013
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
talking about the defence, Do you take into consideration the players who play in front of them who are supposed to tackle and not just pressure the ball 3 yards away from his opponent, week after week we have centre mids bursting through the middle, how do you think the defenders are supposed to cope? i hate to say it we desperatly miss petrov and coker

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 11:21:45 AM »
AY was missing on Monday because of his continual moaning at refs.

Fuck me this has been going on for how long??

I sometimes wonder what goes on in training, i think Dunne just eats the cakes he's hidden in his socks, Warnock kicks up pieces of turf on the edge of the box and Ashlet sits in a sedan chair being fanned by his man servant.

Offline holte hero

• GM : Dec, 2013
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »
I just spat my cup of tea :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal