collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: YOU are the chairman...  (Read 16083 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: YOU are the chairman...
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »
It all depends why MON left and if he is the one who should apologise (as opposed to Randy & co)

Something like;

"If you were Martin O'Neill, and Randy Lerner rang you last night after the game, apologised for the way they forced you out of the club, said they were way too hasty and wanted you to give the job another crack -  would you give up your beach recliner and take your old job back?"

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »

By the way, hello Mr Woo, I prefer to be a bit more informal and not use titles!

Sorry about that mate, its a user name I've used on other non-Villa related forums for years.

No intention to nick yours.     ;-)

All we need now is a Dr Wu and I'll be stuck in Steely Dan Internal Jukebox hell.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »
It all depends why MON left and if he is the one who should apologise (as opposed to Randy & co)

I'm not aware of anyone else who walked out on us.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2010, 10:43:04 PM »
One thing is for certain.  I would rather have MON than Houllier as manager of the Villa any day.  I'd say 99%of football fans would too.  The problem is the way he left and his reasons for it.  Can't see that Randy would have him back or that MON would want to come back.  If I were chairman I'd let him come back in a heart beat if the alternative is Houllier.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2010, 11:23:11 PM »
So that's just Villadawg, Jonzy 85 and TopDeck in favour then. Considering GHou's poor start you'd imagine there'd be a few more pining for MON.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2010, 03:07:33 PM »
Id tell MON to stick it where the sun don't shine. No more favouritism will mean better performances from certain players, boring football with the occasional exciting counter attack. I'd give Houllier the money in Jan. Some people on other sites dont like him because he's not energetic enough! He's hardly gunna be skipping up and down the touchline!!
I dont like the waving to the kop/ignoring our fans buissiness though...

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »
Interesting question a mate of mine put to us this morning (not that its ever going to happen of course)...

If you were Randy Lerner, and Martin O' Neill rang you last night after the game, apologised for the way he left, said he was way too hasty and wanted to give the job another crack -  would you pay Houllier off and give MON his old job back?

In other words - Straight choice - who would YOU trust to get us out of this rut?

MON the motivator and hoofball merchant or GH who has us passing the thing at long last but without the results to show for it?

I think there are two answers to that question.

1.  If it's a straight 'who would be better for us right now' then from a pure football perspective I'd say MON as what we need right now is a bit of character and resilience on the pitch, which his sides certainly had.

2.  If it's a case of would his return work in the real world, then no - too much water under the bridge now!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »
Interesting question a mate of mine put to us this morning (not that its ever going to happen of course)...

If you were Randy Lerner, and Martin O' Neill rang you last night after the game, apologised for the way he left, said he was way too hasty and wanted to give the job another crack -  would you pay Houllier off and give MON his old job back?

In other words - Straight choice - who would YOU trust to get us out of this rut?

MON the motivator and hoofball merchant or GH who has us passing the thing at long last but without the results to show for it?

I think there are two answers to that question.

1.  If it's a straight 'who would be better for us right now' then from a pure football perspective I'd say MON as what we need right now is a bit of character and resilience on the pitch, which his sides certainly had.

2.  If it's a case of would his return work in the real world, then no - too much water under the bridge now!

The above is pretty much the way i feel.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
always expected us to go backwards this season. If you've got a squad of hoofball merchants then performances will suffer short term when you ask them to change and if we went back to mon's style no doubt results would improve but it won't get you top4. The big worry is if the money is there to rebuild if the existing players can't adapt - Dunne was being called the bargain of the season 6 months ago - he hasn't suddenly become a crap player but if you want to chase honours maybe you need a more cultured player - certainly citeh thought so.. that takes money and if the previous manager has stripped the cupboard bare then MON's appointment could be Lerners most costly mistake

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »
Coyle is slowly changing the way Bolton is playing and look at the improvement.  In entertainment, and now results.  Big Sam is at Blackburn and is hitting the ceiling.  MON, I loved so many parts of his time here, I liked his forthright attitude, and where he took us from and too, but have to admit, I think he may have hit his ceiling too.  Houllier did progress Liverpool and left a legacy for Rafa to exploit, then plunder.  Id feel more confident in my thoughts after the next window is closed, but I think Houllier could take us on further.  We have had some poor performances, but not many, just poorer results.  Liverpool was my low point, but I have enjoyed an hour against United when they didnt know whether they were farting or sneezing, bliss.  Come on lads, lets see more of that.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »
if he want to come back he have to be GH's deputy and no bringing his groupie. So MON got no friends in coaching staff. That would be interesting. But no thanks for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal