collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Message From Houllier  (Read 53345 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Message From Houllier
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »
Fair play to him.

Sat is a huge game, and I reckon we are going to smash em.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 07:23:27 PM »
Or Adrian Chiles even......... ;)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
Fair play for apologising, He must have a wierd sense of humour but he's french so i'll let it slide.

Lets hammer them baggie twats now and make up for it

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »
I think it's called 'Gallow Humour'

Everyone deserves a second chance, let's just make easier work of WBA than we did the last time they came here.

Sepp Blatter was asked : 'Who is your favourite Qatar player?'
The FIFA president replied: 'Well it's a toss up between Eric Clapton and
Jimi Hendrix.'

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Fair play. Certainly puts him apart from dol and probably mon who only ever gave us the most forced, mealy mouthed apologies. Fair play to team randy as well who have clearly got in to nip this in the bud.

Offline supertom

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 07:44:34 PM »
Doesn't bother me what he says about Liverpool. What I want to see is the team having some sort of organisation. Some players who bust a gut for O Neill, don't seem to be pulling their weight, keeping their eye on the ball. The kids are doing us proud mind you, but they shouldn't be thrown in like they are. Granted that's not GH's fault (or perhaps the injuries in part are, who knows?).

But yes, some organisation, and some kind of working gameplan would be nice. He used to be well known for very dull football at Liverpool. 2 Banks of 4, and very defensive, and playing on the counter. I'd take that right now. But we're shipping goals far too easily. In addition to that the attack is toothless.

Never mind the apologies. We need a gameplan and he needs to get the players following it. Maybe barating them in the press has lost him some of the dressing room?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 07:49:04 PM »
He has clearly been told to say that.   My mother (94 years a Villa fan) used to say.   If you are really sorry you would not have said it in the first place.   I thought he was a tosser last night.   I still think he is a tosser.   A tosser with a very good command of the english language but a tosser nonetheless.

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »
Blimey, wish my wife dropped her drawers as quick as you lot! Where does he apologise?  He says I'm back at work, have some lovely memories of when I was at Liverpool and we're all in this together.  (Where have I heard that before?)

He was the biggest c**t walking last night and if he picks the wrong team and we lose again on Saturday this place will explode again.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
I didn't think he was a 'c**t' last night and I don't now. I thought his comments were very misguided and he has attempted to clarify them. That will do for me and I'd rather get on a try and support him to success with Villa.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »
Not quite an apology but at least he has acknowledged that there was a problem and that will do for me. I said on one of the threads last night, that I didn't complain when Graham Taylor was waving to Villa fans on demand when he returned (and got trounced)  with Watford. So for Houllier to touch the "this is anfield" and wave to em doesnt bother me overly. It was just the lack of acknowledgement to the poor buggers who travelled on a school night in freezing fog to watch that shite!

But, at least he has had the grace to say something (which i cant see the previous manager ever doing) so fair play. Lets move on..and smash the Baggies

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 08:06:12 PM »
I hope the players are still on side and want to dig him out of this hole otherwise he's fucked anyway.  Saturday is make or break in many ways.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 08:14:53 PM »
At the moment I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. We all say things in the heat of the moment, most of us don't have cameras/microphones nearby to record what we wish we hadn't said, even if we mean it. He should have known better, let's hope it's the kick up the backside he needs.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
Actions speak louder than words, to use a cliche. Getting it right both on and off the field is the aim now, the later somewhat easier than the former. But it's results that count.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 08:19:31 PM »
If you wanted to word a statement that was the complete antithesis of everything David OLeary thought of us when he was manager, then that is it.
 Houllier has gone up in my estimation.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
It was a totally over the top reaction by many. We have been poor but also have looked very good as against Man Utd. We are very light on experience and I'm more pissed off with the likes of Dunne, Collins, Young and Warnock. They have plenty of experience and are all good players. What has happened to that lot I don't know.
I'm sure if we had Carlos, Petrov and Heskey in the team we would have had a bit more guts and leadership out there.

Fair play To Gerard, I can't blame him for getting mixed up in the emotions on returning to Anfield. Football can be very emotional, we all know that, especially certain grounds that are close to the heart. I bloody hope any ex Villa player or manager especially if they have helped bring success to our club would feel they could show a bit of emotion and gratitude to us if they ever came back, even if they were with say the blues, baggies, whoever.

I don't know what the older heads are playing at, certainly aint for their Villa future.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal