collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!  (Read 11823 times)

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
Re: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »
the thing is we have been through this before and now have the players who have been top 6 and playing good football.  everyone is annoyed because we have gone backwards.

If Houllier had everyone available and we were on this run of bad form, I would be just as concerned as you.

The fact is he hasn't and until he has everyone back and fit, then I think the the time to judge him is then, not now.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 08:03:40 PM »
I started losing my desire last season. There were games ( Bolton was the first) where despite having a season ticket, I could not face sitting there watching the poor football we were playing and ending up with a draw. It was mainly this reason ( and the fact with Europe we would have very few Saturday games ) that I didn't renew my season ticket.
My hopes were raised when we got Houllier and I was telling people I'd consider getting a half season ticket, especially when we went out of Europe.
However I am genuinely now worried about relegation. While Houllier does appear to be able to make changes during a game that Mon couldn't /wouldn't, the fact he is leaving our two centre halves in the team beggars belief at the moment. If Cuellar is fit he must play and if he thinks Clarke is good enough for midfield he must be good enough for defence?
I very sadly, but accurately told my Liverpool supporting mate last night that with our defence they would score at least three whilst I couldn't see us scoring. It's depressing that I was that sure about the result (and the fact I didn't have a bet!)

So I hate to say it but I have lost the desire at the moment too!! I hate to be negative about the one thing I have loved all my life (well mum and dad apart) but it's just the way I feel. I don't like it !!
  Me and VCTM jnr miss you too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I miss you more xx

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
the thing is we have been through this before and now have the players who have been top 6 and playing good football.  everyone is annoyed because we have gone backwards.

If Houllier had everyone available and we were on this run of bad form, I would be just as concerned as you.

The fact is he hasn't and until he has everyone back and fit, then I think the the time to judge him is then, not now.

Whilst i take your point, even with the players we have had out, we really should be taking at least a point against a poor Liverpool team, Blackburn and getting something against a Small Heath side who have two of the worst strikers in the Premiership.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »
Had to make do with internet/radio last night. I'll admit there was more interest in Corrie in this house last night. I'll be there on Saturday though.

Offline jay71

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
we have been through alot worse! we was always goner have to right this season off or at least the first half but that was painful viewing last nite.....keep the faith!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal