collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 03:19:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!  (Read 11826 times)

Offline a5tonv111a@yahoo.co.uk

Re: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 09:52:34 AM »
A few games away from the end of last season we were fighting Man City & Spurs for fourth place.  Now we look a long way behind both teams halfway through the following season.

This is the Villa in a nutshell as Harry Hill might say, I've been watching them since 1959 and have been through this more times than I care to remember.  I had a feeling we would get mullered last night and you think you are past caring.  But you wake up in the morning avoiding papers, radio and plastic scousers feeling absolutely pissed off.

This is the Villa, we love the club no matter how shite we are, whatever division we are in and whoever manages them and plays for them.

Villa till I die.....

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:09 AM »
Watching the game last night made feel sick in the stomach i couldn't take it we were poor, and i don't want us in a relegation battle i wan't us challenging for the title every year or at least European places. 

Offline a5tonv111a@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »
I am 44 and have followed Villa for 45 years of my life having gone to my first game in my Mother's womb.

Like Wet Wet Wet I have been home and away i'm a season ticket holder and have attended all major finals, semis but for the first time in my life tonight i stopped watching a game early. Ok it was only the last 10 mins for a furious strum on the sofa, but am I losing my interest and desire for the club?

Ok were in a bad patch but where is the hope where is the love?

Yes you should support your club through thick and thin but as Jimmy Sommerville said when he was in Bronski Beat 'Tell me whhhhyyyy?'.... we're never going to win anything unless the music we run out to is the Cure's 'Killing an Arab' .... and thats just wrong!!!

I'm in a bad place at the moment
There is a hideous stain on the sofa.

Is anyone else feeling the same?

or" A hundred years"....UTV

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 10:16:25 AM »
It's sad to say but the arse is falling out of our season. The drop in attendances has really worried me a lot.

Why is it people's desire seems to have evaporated with MON leaving?
Because he was nowhere near as unpopular as others suggested, either with the players or the fans? And things weren't as bad under him as some would have you believe? Or most importantly, his departure signalled a real difference between how MON and RL (rightly or wrongly) thought the bright future should or could be achieved?

I'd suggest that MON as our manager is now starting to look not quite as bad to some as they said he was. Indeed I've seen a couple of last season's most vociferous MON criticisers already turning on Houllier.

I have nothing against Gerard. He has had stinking luck this season when it comes to injuries and I can't believe this is down to a massive change in training methods or practices. I think he's just been unlucky.

The transfer window will be interesting because clearly some changes need to be made and I'm sure he will do his best to make them. But I would agree with an earlier poster's concern at Cuellar's continued absence from the side (and Dunne, Warnock and Luke Young's continued inclusion). I think Carlos will be off at Christmas, while right now, I'd prefer him at right-back and a more defensive than he currently is Luke Young at left-back.

Offline vilan461

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:38 AM »
A few games away from the end of last season we were fighting Man City & Spurs for fourth place.  Now we look a long way behind both teams halfway through the following season.

This is the Villa in a nutshell as Harry Hill might say, I've been watching them since 1959 and have been through this more times than I care to remember.  I had a feeling we would get mullered last night and you think you are past caring.  But you wake up in the morning avoiding papers, radio and plastic scousers feeling absolutely pissed off.

This is the Villa, we love the club no matter how shite we are, whatever division we are in and whoever manages them and plays for them.
Good post --sums things up perfectly!!!!

Online frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »
You never lose the desire. I'm sitting in a delayed and overcrowded train in Liverpool making arrangements for the West Brom game and last night in the pub Dave Clark Five, villajk, supertommyknibba and I were deciding where to meet at Wigan. You don't give up on a team you've supported all your life. But I really do wonder where we go from here. This is definitely the low point of the season, worse than Newcastle when we didn't have a proper manager, and on the present form it's hard to see us getting much from the next 2 games, quite apart from Spurs, Citeh and Chelsea. It's going to be a tough season and we could well be in the bottom 3 in January (and out of another cup). Despite all this, Villa are our team and we won't give up on them. They're in our blood.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »
We'll win the next three games.

Offline pr_N'villa

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »
We'll win the next three games.

thats the spirit! UTV

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »
frank
"Despite all this, Villa are our team and we won't give up on them. They're in our blood."
Spot on Villa till i die

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »
If you lose interest because of the state of the game generally with obscene wages, Sky twats, diving, cheats etc  I can understand that.

But I can never understand losing interest because we are shite, which to some extent right now is probably the way we are feeling about the Villa.

Im lucky that I was introduced to Villa in 1966, we were definetely shite then but it was to get a whole whole lot worse during my formative years. After that, winning anything ( an individual game, a third division, a league cup here and there, a European cup) was just a bonus on top of main pleasure which was to know that I was a Villa fan and thats the way to stay. 

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »
I'm currently at the stage of thinking is it worth me putting my two boys through this kind of shit?  My weekends are regularly ruined and there is little hope of winning any silverware in the Sky era.  Football has become an entertainment.

Except when you're watching Villa.

Exactly, were easily the worst club to watch at the moment

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »
I can understand people falling out of love with football, with the costs, value for money, grossly overpaid players, the hype, and all the marketing/commercial twats that treat it as a product and not a sport...

but I will never understand anyone losing their desire for their club - whichever club it may be.

Do you not think fans of other clubs have had to put up with what we're suffering now. Most have gone through much worse.

Get a grip.

As we used the shout when the odds were against us... "All the Villa... Stick together!"

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 02:03:48 PM »

Do you not think fans of other clubs have had to put up with what we're suffering now. Most have gone through much worse.

Including us on several occasions.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 02:06:40 PM »
the thing is we have been through this before and now have the players who have been top 6 and playing good football.  everyone is annoyed because we have gone backwards.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »
the thing is we have been through this before and now have the players who have been top 6 and playing good football.  everyone is annoyed because we have gone backwards.

Like that's never happened before, and with less justification than this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal