collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!  (Read 11811 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: For the first time in my life I am losing the desire!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 12:29:22 AM »
I turned off after the second goal, 15 minutes in.  Never do that usually but I just thought I don't need this, not tonight.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 12:49:18 AM »
Based on the thread title, i'd suggest having a word with Pele.

First thing that's made me smile this evening.
Gotta say that made me laugh .......

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
It's sad to say but the arse is falling out of our season. The drop in attendances has really worried me a lot.

Why is it people's desire seems to have evaporated with MON leaving?

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 06:10:46 AM »
It's sad to say but the arse is falling out of our season. The drop in attendances has really worried me a lot.

Why is it people's desire seems to have evaporated with MON leaving?

Irish Villain,

I have been thinking about this here in Shanghai while Blighty (and Ireland!) sleeps and I think it is because MON was popular in the media, but also because he was full of verve and vitality. You could see him kicking every ball and living every moment on the touchline and I think that many of us were energised by that.

He was also very good at several important parts of the game – making average players play well above their perceived ability, instilling great self belief, a focus on organisation and teamwork with a never say die attitude. Look how many times we bloodied the nose of the Sky 4 under him, or came back from a goal down to gain at least a point. Look at our away form too – probably as good as it has been in my life. Put simply, we had character and were a threat to every opponent.

Houllier has had little time to stamp his imprint on the club and I think it would be wrong to even consider getting rid of him. But more energy and some sterling rallying of the troops would help galvanise fans – as would a few signings in January, by which I mean asap and not 23.59 on 31st.

God we need to beat the Albion….

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
Don't all shoot me at once but from a selfish point of view i'd quite like us to get relegated, well maybe like is a strange word in the circumstances but hear me out, Im absolutely bored shitless with the Premier league, a league were the gap between 4th and 5th is more important than the gap between 1st and 2nd, mediocre footballers earning obscene amounts of money and in some cases being seen as celebrities........ I reckon a season in the championship where we would have to move on some of the dross on our books, with some new away games, where every team would see us as a huge game would benefit us in the long run, sort of one step back to take two steps forward
My heart lifted when I read these words and I realised that I am not alone in having such thoughts. For a long time I have felt ashamed at spending my hard-earned cash just to be an extra in a Sky television production. I can't change my allegiance from a club that I have supported all my life, but I am sick of the Premier League and all the baggage that goes with it. Let's go into the Championship with a happy heart and a feeling of deliverance from this shit-filled League.

Online SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 08:35:39 AM »
A few games away from the end of last season we were fighting Man City & Spurs for fourth place.  Now we look a long way behind both teams halfway through the following season.

This is the Villa in a nutshell as Harry Hill might say, I've been watching them since 1959 and have been through this more times than I care to remember.  I had a feeling we would get mullered last night and you think you are past caring.  But you wake up in the morning avoiding papers, radio and plastic scousers feeling absolutely pissed off.

This is the Villa, we love the club no matter how shite we are, whatever division we are in and whoever manages them and plays for them.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 08:39:27 AM »
We are not down yet.  If we sack Houllier we can still stay up. 

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
I find I go through this every few years. It's what we enjoy.

Offline Rob Gee

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:51:03 AM »
I am 28 and have followed Villa for 25 years of my life having gone to my first game at 3.

I have been home and away im a season ticket holder and have attended all major finals, semis but for the first time in my life tonight i stopped watching a game early. Ok it was only the last 10 mins but am i losing my interest and desire for the club?

Ok were in a bad patch but wheres the hope the bright future.

Yes you should support your club through thick and thin but why what for.... were never going to win anything unless were bought by an arab .... and thats just wrong!!!

I need a rallying call as im in a bad place at the moment

Is anyone else feeling the same?

Loxton,

If you need a rallying call or a bit of perspective read my post of today in the Holte Enders In The Sky section of the forum.

This is football my friend, it'll bring you down, it will lift you up, but at the end of the day we just can't give it up.

Rob

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 09:13:18 AM »
I started losing my desire last season. There were games ( Bolton was the first) where despite having a season ticket, I could not face sitting there watching the poor football we were playing and ending up with a draw. It was mainly this reason ( and the fact with Europe we would have very few Saturday games ) that I didn't renew my season ticket.
My hopes were raised when we got Houllier and I was telling people I'd consider getting a half season ticket, especially when we went out of Europe.
However I am genuinely now worried about relegation. While Houllier does appear to be able to make changes during a game that Mon couldn't /wouldn't, the fact he is leaving our two centre halves in the team beggars belief at the moment. If Cuellar is fit he must play and if he thinks Clarke is good enough for midfield he must be good enough for defence?
I very sadly, but accurately told my Liverpool supporting mate last night that with our defence they would score at least three whilst I couldn't see us scoring. It's depressing that I was that sure about the result (and the fact I didn't have a bet!)

So I hate to say it but I have lost the desire at the moment too!! I hate to be negative about the one thing I have loved all my life (well mum and dad apart) but it's just the way I feel. I don't like it !!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »
I am 44 and have followed Villa for 45 years of my life having gone to my first game in my Mother's womb.

Like Wet Wet Wet I have been home and away i'm a season ticket holder and have attended all major finals, semis but for the first time in my life tonight i stopped watching a game early. Ok it was only the last 10 mins for a furious strum on the sofa, but am I losing my interest and desire for the club?

Ok were in a bad patch but where is the hope where is the love?

Yes you should support your club through thick and thin but as Jimmy Sommerville said when he was in Bronski Beat 'Tell me whhhhyyyy?'.... we're never going to win anything unless the music we run out to is the Cure's 'Killing an Arab' .... and thats just wrong!!!

I'm in a bad place at the moment
There is a hideous stain on the sofa.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:18 AM »
I started losing my desire last season. There were games ( Bolton was the first) where despite having a season ticket, I could not face sitting there watching the poor football we were playing and ending up with a draw. It was mainly this reason ( and the fact with Europe we would have very few Saturday games ) that I didn't renew my season ticket.
My hopes were raised when we got Houllier and I was telling people I'd consider getting a half season ticket, especially when we went out of Europe.
However I am genuinely now worried about relegation. While Houllier does appear to be able to make changes during a game that Mon couldn't /wouldn't, the fact he is leaving our two centre halves in the team beggars belief at the moment. If Cuellar is fit he must play and if he thinks Clarke is good enough for midfield he must be good enough for defence?
I very sadly, but accurately told my Liverpool supporting mate last night that with our defence they would score at least three whilst I couldn't see us scoring. It's depressing that I was that sure about the result (and the fact I didn't have a bet!)

So I hate to say it but I have lost the desire at the moment too!! I hate to be negative about the one thing I have loved all my life (well mum and dad apart) but it's just the way I feel. I don't like it !!
  Me and VCTM jnr miss you too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
MON brought us to the brink of a "Bright Future", just fell short.

Whatever happened between him and Randy in the summer, it was clear that MON knew that the "Bright Future" wouldnt be within our grasp.

I think it is having got so close last 2 years, then in the space of a few months we sell our best player, lose the manager who had built a solid squad, sign nobody (Ireland p/x excluded) and appoint a dead rubber of a manager is making people despondent.

It's actually got to the stage where I was pretty happy Kyrgaikos kept a clean sheet for my fantasy football.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 09:45:34 AM »
I am 44 and have followed Villa for 45 years of my life having gone to my first game in my Mother's womb.

Like Wet Wet Wet I have been home and away i'm a season ticket holder and have attended all major finals, semis but for the first time in my life tonight i stopped watching a game early. Ok it was only the last 10 mins for a furious strum on the sofa, but am I losing my interest and desire for the club?

Ok were in a bad patch but where is the hope where is the love?

Yes you should support your club through thick and thin but as Jimmy Sommerville said when he was in Bronski Beat 'Tell me whhhhyyyy?'.... we're never going to win anything unless the music we run out to is the Cure's 'Killing an Arab' .... and thats just wrong!!!

I'm in a bad place at the moment
There is a hideous stain on the sofa.

Similar Fletch, similar.

I am putting faith in Randy to sort this mess out though.

Offline badluckeric(gates)

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »
The only thing that concerns me is avoiding the drop. I believe it is unfair to Judge GH at any stage before the next 3 windows.
I have written off this season and as long as there are 3 worse teams than us come May i'll be relieved.
It doesn't matter who was brought in in my opinion, given the time/no window to work with/injuries it would be very difficult for anyone.
GH is a decent coach, he may in the end not be the man for the job, but to say he isn't now is ludicrous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal